Review Preliminary Final, 2024 - Geelong vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Geelong?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna (sub)

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [40] Jack Payne

• [43] Noah Answerth

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

• [46] Oscar McInerney

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Channel 7’s fly on the wall documentary “Tomahawk and Tuohy Watch a Game of Footy” was really good last night. The occasional brief glimpses of the actual football match really brought it to life.
You forgot the "how to massage Holmes" segment that lasted 45 minutes...

Edit.... Clearly I need to scroll before I post

IMG_0778.png

High and absolutely justified praise for Ryan Lester from Dayne Zorko.

I'm so proud of this team. The grit and determination they've shown in this finals series has been unreal. Fagan and the coaching staff have got this group humming. They're playing for each other and they have that belief about them that'll be incredibly hard to quell.

The best part for me imo is that the point of difference in our last 2 games has come from the young brigade stepping up. I can't heap enough praise onto all of them. Ashcroft has proven he's built for finals. Wilmot, Fletcher, Lohmann and Morris have all shown their mettle too in important moments.

Joes time in the ruck was interesting. Did well halving ruck contests but then played very selflessly and defensively around the ground following around the Geelong ruck and playing behind the ball

IMO he attacked the ruck contest with a lot more vigor than when he was just relieving O.

I'm so proud of this team. The grit and determination they've shown in this finals series has been unreal. Fagan and the coaching staff have got this group humming. They're playing for each other and they have that belief about them that'll be incredibly hard to quell.

The best part for me imo is that the point of difference in our last 2 games has come from the young brigade stepping up. I can't heap enough praise onto all of them. Ashcroft has proven he's built for finals. Wilmot, Fletcher, Lohmann and Morris have all shown their mettle too in important moments.
Yeah. I'm barracking for the Lions next week for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see why the last free to Stanley was paid because it appeared Andrews had interfered with him front on with no interest in the ball. But the replay showed that Andrews barely touched him and Stanley was never going to mark it with his hands together as they were,

Could've been an interesting one if they were under a goal behind.
Disagree I reckon he shoved him in head or neck.I thought at the time no free but on subsequent viewings I reckon its correct and was unecessaru

LESTER SHOWED THE WAY. REBOUND, SPEED AND COURAGE!

HE IS THE BACKLINE GENERAL!
No he didn't, no he's not, and speed and Lester are two words which do not belong in the same sentence. That being said, I nearly gave him a vote.

Ryan could well become the first player at any level of Australian Rules football to win both a "best clubman" award and a senior premiership! 😃

7 minutes left in the 3rd the ump missed the most obvious ruck infringement free in our forward pocket. Dunks and Stanley were the nominated rucks, some other Geelong player engaged Dunks, Stanley took it out of the ruck and cleared the defensive 50

How do the umps miss this?

Brain fade is the only obvious answer. Dunkley isn’t a typical ruck, and they had a lapse in concentration and forgot Dunkley was the ruck.

It would have 100% been picked up as an incorrect call, and one was paid in the last for Joe.

Not sure which ump missed it but that’s a missed call that rules you out of a grand final like Hosking’s incorrect throw in call last year.

No he didn't, no he's not, and speed and Lester are two words which do not belong in the same sentence. That being said, I nearly gave him a vote.

Ryan could well become the first player at any level of Australian Rules football to win both a "best clubman" award and a senior premiership! 😃
1726993769127.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Preliminary Final, 2024 - Geelong vs. Brisbane Lions

Back