Review Preliminary Final, 2024 - Geelong vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Geelong?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna (sub)

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [40] Jack Payne

• [43] Noah Answerth

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

• [46] Oscar McInerney

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Joes time in the ruck was interesting. Did well halving ruck contests but then played very selflessly and defensively around the ground following around the Geelong ruck and playing behind the ball
he was god awful in the ruck, half the time he didn't even make it to the contest before the ball went up. luckily he the greatest footballer of all time .......so all is forgiven

No he didn't, no he's not, and speed and Lester are two words which do not belong in the same sentence. That being said, I nearly gave him a vote.

Ryan could well become the first player at any level of Australian Rules football to win both a "best clubman" award and a senior premiership! 😃

Last week at the end when Joe kicked the ball away from everyone Lester was first lion to it with one of the gws players. This is the last kick of the game and Lester had the ball when the siren went.

Have been wondering where Lester was when Joe kicked it because my memory was everyone was on the other side of Joe.

Could be an interesting take on the Lester is slow argument - he must have run and matched the gws player. Who may or may not be considered fast?? . I'm just too inept/lazy to work my way through the footage. Figure you might have a crack.

What an awesome amazing night to be a lions die hard supporter.
I yelled out from my lounge room go lions a few times and when cal ah chee scored I went out again and yelled he’s a manly boy
He lives around here somewhere but my neighbours were probably thinking he’s lost it 😂
The best part for me is that when we got on top of them in the last quarter even the third we had our kick mark game absolutely purring
I feel like it really is our time to win the cup

Our house is open so the neighbours hear everything, and it can get a bit sweary. There was ten people yesterday so LOUD.

They took their 3 and 5 yo to visit the grandparents 🤣🤣

AAANNNNDDDDD, do we play Hippy next week or do we go with Henry. Henry CAN ruck and we can leave our Goat Joe in the forward line.
Personally I think we'll do better with Forty tapping to our onballers than Oscar.

Our house is open so the neighbours hear everything, and it can get a bit sweary. There was ten people yesterday so LOUD.

They took their 3 and 5 yo to visit the grandparents 🤣🤣
I was giving it to Bailey the first half of the game a few swear words
But I was full of praise when he came good and some great defensive runs to help our defenders
And my son said great spray he must of heard you 😄
Super happy for him

Good to hear Scott acknowledge that they came up against a better team...:rolleyes:
Pretty poor form to not acknowledge the other team when you get beaten in a close game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No he didn't, no he's not, and speed and Lester are two words which do not belong in the same sentence. That being said, I nearly gave him a vote.

Ryan could well become the first player at any level of Australian Rules football to win both a "best clubman" award and a senior premiership! 😃
I normally stay well away from the Ryan Lester banter on this board.
Last night he was great (and has been for most the last couple of the seasons).

My highlight from last night, he was in the midst of a 1-on-3, and came away with the ball through some fantastic ball control.

He is playing his role as well as anyone on that team, and he’ll get one of the biggest roars in the stadium collecting his premiership medallion should we get over the line next week.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Elixuh, post: Brisbane Lions champion Luke Hodge can barely watch[/QUOTE]

Hodge looks a bit like me at the piney last night - I wasn’t even cheering in the last few minutes, way too nervous. Just absolutely locked in to the screen

He played so well in moments and then so badly in others it evened out like an average Joe Daniher game. Did really well in general play other than that most important moment. Should have kicked 3.1 instead of 2.2. Can’t find it in me to be too mad because that X factor is needed in big moments.

Bailey was the sickness and the cure :moustache:

Bailey was probably only two or three whoopsies off having a very, very good game.
Watching the replay outside the stress and emotion of watching the game live, he's instrumental in a number of important plays.

Bailey was probably only two or three whoopsies off having a very, very good game.

Absolutely true. Unfortunately for us and him those whoopsies come at the worst possible times

Watching the replay outside the stress and emotion of watching the game live, he's instrumental in a number of important plays.

His defensive running was sensational too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Preliminary Final, 2024 - Geelong vs. Brisbane Lions

Back