Game Day Preliminary Final - Melbourne v Geelong, Friday 10 September, 7:50pm AEST, Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time they met:
Round 23, 2021
Geelong 12.5.77
Melbourne 12.9.81

Teams:

Melbourne

B:
Salem May Lever
HB: Bowey Petty Rivers
C: Sparrow Petracca Langdon
HF: Fritsch McDonald Viney
F: Neal-Bullen Brown Spargo
R: Gawn Oliver Brayshaw
Int: Harmes Jackson Hibberd Pickett (Jordon)

Geelong

B:
Tuohy Henderson Henry
HB: Bews Blicavs Kolodjashnij
C: Smith CGuthrie Duncan
HF: Rohan Cameron Ratugolea
F: Miers Hawkins Menegola
R: Stanley Selwood Dangerfield
Int: Atkins ZGuthrie Holmes Close (Higgins)

Coverage on Channel 7, Fox Footy or your preferred radio broadcaster.

—————————————————

Here we go people. The big dance is here. Good luck, and GO DEES.

Last edited:
I’ll refrain from giving my prediction here. Unlike the rest of you I don’t have the weight of decades of futility and failure resting on my shoulders, and I’d hate to be the one accused of angering the footy gods.

We’ve all seen what this Geelong team are capable of. Round 23 quarter 2 was nothing short of a nightmare. But, with that said…. well… like I said- no official prediction from me.

We beat them convincingly in round 4 at the G, we narrowly beat them despite severely poor umpiring at the Cattery a few weeks ago- I’m very confident we will do it comfortably in a neutral WA game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It memory serves, he’ll be there in a padded seat, with access to “full strength” booze.

I was pretty sad to learn the vaunted Aussies would serve anything less tbh.
They try to keep us from getting completely obliterated at the game…just means we drink more

Good luck for tonight guys! Whatever happens, you've been my tip for the flag for the second half of the year, so there won't be any shame in losing to you tonight - given I think you're the best team in it :)

If we lose tonight, I'll be cheering you on in the Granny, but either way, reckon it'll be a fantastic contest

See you on the other side at 10:30 PM!

Last edited:
If we win I’m buying a red can and a blue can of that temporary hairspray for the Grand Final

True Aussie determination. I love a happy ending.

Pretty sure our beers are actually considerably weaker than most of the world. Probably to do with how heavily alcohol is taxxed here.

Tom Hawkins is my sleep paralysis demon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back