Preview Preliminary Final - Richmond vs Port Adelaide - Fri 16/10 7.50pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the heck can Chol even be in the frame to play, he doesn't deserve to play, he has been shite and offers nothing.
If we play Chol tomorrow night we will get done! We should go in unchanged. Dimma is playing with fire and I think we are going to get burnt.
DIMMA "CHOL OFFERS NOTHING" he is shit in the ruck and as useless as a tree trunk up forward.

How the **** can Chol even be in the frame to play, he doesn't deserve to play, he has been sh*te and offers nothing.
If we play Chol tomorrow night we will get done! We should go in unchanged. Dimma is playing with fire and I think we are going to get burnt.
DIMMA "CHOL OFFERS NOTHING" he is sh*t in the ruck and as useless as a tree trunk up forward.

In fairness, outside of his last two games, he actually has played well. He was also one of our better players against port when his position was as secondary ruck with the freedom to run around, that ability to just hunt the footy and run with it, brings him into the game. Do you remember that dashing run from the back pocket, all the way to our forward pocket that lead to a goal ? You had port mids trying to lock him down and close his space and he beat all of them.

My bet is Hardwick is 100% convinced we will get the ball deep in our 50 pretty easily, either via center forward play, which will Chol will help with as he is a good field kick and rarely wastes it for a big guy or deep inside via rebound and with chol resting forward at times, the port backs will be focusing on Lynch and jack and Chol should be dangerous.

All have faith, remember I told you in round 15 I think it was after I shaved my groin, the pattern of my pubes ? It has not been wrong yet, as we are now 1 game from making that prediction real. I just shaved my ass hairs and they formed the pattern of 3 goals for chol.

BELIEVE!

How the **** can Chol even be in the frame to play, he doesn't deserve to play, he has been sh*te and offers nothing.
DIMMA "CHOL OFFERS NOTHING" he is sh*t in the ruck and as useless as a tree trunk up forward.
Premium melt

Since the win last week..I have been thinking all week that Port might have us and we don't have the same polish as what our best can be..

HOWEVER! I have a funny feeling that since we have Prestia coming back into form, Lynch back, Edwards back, Houli back and some flexibility around the backline with Astbury/Broad...that we might just bring out some of the best football we have seen this year. I all of a sudden have a feeling we will turn it on, with everything on the line tomorrow night. Don't be surprised to see us at our absolute best, and even still, will be a close finish.

I am a lot less confident about winning in the grand final if we make it though for some reason.

Anyway, nerves starting to kick in hard. CMON TIGS!!!

In fairness, outside of his last two games, he actually has played well. He was also one of our better players against port when his position was as secondary ruck with the freedom to run around, that ability to just hunt the footy and run with it, brings him into the game. Do you remember that dashing run from the back pocket, all the way to our forward pocket that lead to a goal ? You had port mids trying to lock him down and close his space and he beat all of them.

My bet is Hardwick is 100% convinced we will get the ball deep in our 50 pretty easily, either via center forward play, which will Chol will help with as he is a good field kick and rarely wastes it for a big guy or deep inside via rebound and with chol resting forward at times, the port backs will be focusing on Lynch and jack and Chol should be dangerous.

All have faith, remember I told you in round 15 I think it was after I shaved my groin, the pattern of my pubes ? It has not been wrong yet, as we are now 1 game from making that prediction real. I just shaved my ass hairs and they formed the pattern of 3 goals for chol.

BELIEVE!
LOL I thought you would have been the type to get a crack wax so no hair to shave. I hear you buddy but I can't get over the fact that when we needed Chol vs Bears he went missing in action. I still believe in work hard and you will be rewarded not gifted games because you're tall. If Lynch had played against Brisbane we would have crushed them but we went in a man down because Chol couldn't be assed chasing, competing or even blocking for Jack. Yes Chol does some nice thing but he goes missing for far too long in games. I'm not having a dig at Chol personally but he as a long was yo go with his football craft.

Post of the year
Give this man a medal

Last edited:
LOL I thought you would have been the type to get a crack wax so no hair to shave. I hear you buddy but I can't get over the fact that when we needed Chol vs Bears he went missing in action. I still believe in work hard and you will be rewarded not gifted games because you're tall. If Lynch had played against Brisbane we would have crushed them but we went in a man down because Chol couldn't be assed chasing, competing or even blocking for Jack. Yes Chol does some nice thing but he goes missing for far too long in games. I'm not having a dig at Chol personally but he as a long was yo go with his football craft.

I'll start by saying i agree we should be unchanged.

but with Chol, the times he has offered us not a lot is when we have asked him to play mainly as a key forward (e.g playing the Lynch or Riewoldt role)

He is not a key forward, he doesn't know how to play that role and thats why we got nothing out of him in those games.

When he plays the game mainly as a Ruckman however, we get a lot more out of him and that is when he looks his best. following the ball around the ground contest to contest with the ability to drift forward in general play which causes matchup issues.

So if we are playing him as a ruckman i can see the logic and see why it could work. there wont be a need for him to play as a key forward which is his weakness.

but who would make way for him, I have no idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tigers - I am here to soothe all of your tensions and nerves - in the interests of your general health please do not harbour ANY expectations for a Tiger win tomorrow.
Start to plan for 2021 already.

I took the time to read up on the Port boards preview thread and I realised that we really have no chance at all.

I read with interest that they are significantly stronger than last time and they are due to get the rub of the umpiring this time after suffering a 22 to 11 (in their favour) drubbing earlier this year.
Also, their in's from that game are essentially the same if not better than ours.
Their ruck combo will smash up poor old Nank & whatever 'spud' we chose to support him
Then of course Charlie Dixon will monster all 3 of Astbury, Balta AND Grimes - all at the same time leaving their other forwards to run rampant.
Their mids are all BIG BODIES (this term is repeated in many many posts - so must be true) and will have no issues dominating ours.
Cotchin may win the toss but of course will kick against the wind
Jack is a senior citizen who is horribly out of form and poses no threat
Tim (The Animal) Lunch will be so intent on snipping and bashing Port players that he will be far too distracted to have an impact
As indicated by Dimma in his presser yesterday, by saying it will be a tough match and he likes the Tigers 'playing on the edge', - including suggesting The Animal will continue to do so, Tigers clearly are very worried and have 'resorted' to mind games and this is Dimma trying to 'pump the team' up.

And of course finally, Richmond are just a team of bullies and we all know that bullies always get their own comeback in the end.

So my friends, lets not stress out about tomorrow - if you are like me you see this as a genuine 40/60, 50/50 or 60/40 game that should be close and could in all reality go either way - with Port justifiably entering the game as favourites, please change that way of thinking.

Let's just accept the inevitable rout that will come as predicted by those who follow Port and who are clearly rational, realistic and humble - and look forward to planning for 2021

Wayne Campbell on Tom Lynch: “I’ll put it this way as a Richmond supporter, if Tom Lynch plays the way he did last Friday this Friday, and he does what he did on the field and he does that as well, I’ll pay his fine.

“I could not care less as a Richmond supporter.

“That’s what the game’s about. It’s about passion and therefore your morals might get put to one side. That’s what I see when I look at Richmond. Just keep doing it son."

Wayne Campbell on Tom Lynch: “I’ll put it this way as a Richmond supporter, if Tom Lynch plays the way he did last Friday this Friday, and he does what he did on the field and he does that as well, I’ll pay his fine.

“I could not care less as a Richmond supporter.

“That’s what the game’s about. It’s about passion and therefore your morals might get put to one side. That’s what I see when I look at Richmond. Just keep doing it son."
I like this - although not sure if Wacca ever played with too much aggression....

Haven't, but will now track it down.

But I disagree Ali was the greatest. Far from it. A few a head ahead.
Rocky the greatest. Joe Louis second, I'd even put Monzon the greatest pound for pound ever over Ali
Is probably put Sugar Ray Robinson on top overall.

I do rate Ali as the top heavyweight, just above Rocky, Joe Louis and Jack Johnson.

Holmes was a ledgend, and the Ali camp had him on a massive retainer as sparing partner alledgely to prevent him from fighting him, as that was stipulated in the contract.
I was never a wrap for Ali. Never liked him as a person either. Terrible human being.
I always liked Holmes. Never got the credit he deserved I reckon. Awesome boxer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back