Premier A - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Rooster 24

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Maybe time for a new ‘A’ Section 2013 thread. So what’s the mail on Premier clubs looking towards 2013? The new Carey coaching team rumoured to have landed some big names. Cameron Bruce to play for Beaumaris? Xavs have announced a very well credentialed dual coaching team but the whisper that Chris Tarrant is playing at OX next year seems to have lost momentum. Anyone confirm or deny? A few big names retiring at De La but said to be some ready made replacements in the wings. And the weirdest of them all – the rumour that perhaps the best player in the comp Peter Summers heading to D3 club Swinburne. Surely not.

Any other news or rumours?

C’mon ‘Rooster’ you’re not getting away with that fleeting reference to " A few big names retiring at De La....." Names please.

Names have been posted previously AM – Aaron Shields and Jarrod Moloney. Both have missed a lot of footy over the last few seasons. A couple of hard nut midfielders who will be a big loss to the bellers.

Old Carey set to announce a couple of big players from Div 1 side.Cant wait to see who they are. Rumour is they are mates of the coaches.

Any further update on Jude Bolton?

as much as all vafa would like it to be jude, due to the great bloke he is. sadly it isn't jude bolton. apparently he has decided to keep his family in sydney after afl, whenever that may be

seems like only a one off game would be in the question now for jude?

Have heard rumblings from the top sides during the spring carnival of players moving on.

Collegians - Blumfield, Holst, Ferguson (new Essendon vfl team), Dixon (Jonathan & Barclay), Sautner.
Xavs - Carey, Pat Ambrose, couple retirees - Howard, Biddlecombe.
De La - Shields and Moloney (retired), Pickett and Kelliher (o/s).

Anyone heard of other player movements???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard from a mate last night that Old Carey have signed 2 players from Blackburn.Have offered them lots of work and some career development.Management salarys for middle wage earners (appar).Also chasing a couple from Vermont as well.

Heard from a mate last night that Old Carey have signed 2 players from Blackburn.Have offered them lots of work and some career development.Management salarys for middle wage earners (appar).Also chasing a couple from Vermont as well.

The mail from Carey was that a new coach had been unofficially appointed before the H & A season had even finished on the promise of luring some big names across from his old EFL clubs. Looks like that is all falling into place now.

A couple of Oakleigh’s better players heading to St Bedes and a rumour that a big name will suit up for De La next season. Is an ‘old boy’ of the school but a rare occurrence for a club that generally relies on promoting youngsters from within. Anyone able to confirm or deny this one?

The Chris Tarrant to Xavier rumour seems to have gone cold but Cameron Bruce to Beaumaris is growing some legs. Bentick a big get for Snowdogs as he is still a top VFL player.

With clubs starting pre-season there must be some other news.

Good night at training tonight,good numbers and the meeting was a bit strange for the new coach.Said it was the best set of coaches going around at the amos.Coaches must have been poor last year? Any way we will see how we go.Usual stuff,game plan etc.Seemed a bit vague at times.New boy from Blackburn looks a bit overweight.We are real close to a flaming red jet signing.

Good night at training tonight,good numbers and the meeting was a bit strange for the new coach.Said it was the best set of coaches going around at the amos.Coaches must have been poor last year? Any way we will see how we go.Usual stuff,game plan etc.Seemed a bit vague at times.New boy from Blackburn looks a bit overweight.We are real close to a flaming red jet signing.
Interesting. Since when did you move from Scotch to Old Carey? That's a pretty impressive summary for a non-player. Who is the red head?

have always been a carey supporter.I work at carey on the grounds and have many mates in the vafa at A grade level.So feel that i can speak about a lot of clubs and how they are going.

have always been a carey supporter.I work at carey on the grounds and have many mates in the vafa at A grade level.So feel that i can speak about a lot of clubs and how they are going.
Fair enough. I just like to check things out before i believe them on this page. So to return to my questions, who is the blackbrun players and who is the redhead? You are an old Scotch player too no? how are thery travelling?

Rumour has it that Marcus Carroll from EFL division 1 club East Burwood (and their captain in 2012), is off to Old Xavs next season.

Great to see someone providing some news Bigman so keep it coming. I also seem to recall you identifying yourself as a Scotch player previously so why the change of allegiance? If you work on the Carey grounds then I dip my lid – with Trinity the best track in the Ammos.

Who are these names at Carey and what (or who) is a flaming red jet signing?

need to earn a living,so yes work at Carey,good job,great people,need to get the tackers through school.Love footy,have mates who play ,mainly b grade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier A - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back