B Section Premier B - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

15 down and 3 remain.

Season is still alive at both ends of the table, one of the more exciting Prem B season in sometime.

OH v OG - OG playing 1st and 2nd on the ladder in the final 3 weeks, we will certainly get to see where they are at. Need to upset one of them to lock in finals. Failed at home against OT a few weeks back and this isn't any easier - OH want top spot and tomorrow they will go one step closer to securing that.
OC v DLS - Vying for match of the round, should be an absolute cracker. OC where too good for De La at Dairy Bell earlier in the year but this is now a very different DLS. Kicking goals for fun and out-running opposition teams. OC were very good last week and from reports it was a cracker against OT. The draw isn't kind as they too play 1 and 2 in the run home. Equation is simple - Keep winning and you play finals. I'm not sure they quite stack up against a red hot De La outfit.
OI v WCYMS - OI will be sporting from the mauling they received last week, completely blown away after HT, and when your looking to rebound you don't want to be playing one of the form teams in the comp. The back end improvement in Williamstown has been extraordinary and must be commended, win this and they are almost safe. With finals on the line I can't look past the boys from Pine Lodge. Should be a great game.
OT v CG - The season can't end soon enough for CG, on the back of 10 straight losses that 4-1 start seems a lifetime ago. OT's will be tuning up for the finals and may give the boys from Caulfield a nice little touch up. With Prem C knocking at the door will they show any fight???
Beaumaris v SBMT - Match of the round at Brindisi, The Sharks had the opportunity to lock in Prem B footy next season last week and were belted on their home deck. If the Tigers can recapture some of that mid-season competitiveness then they are right up to their necks in this one. It's all good and well having the biggest junior club in Australia but if the production line stops then so do you. I'll take the Tigers to get one more scalp before the end of the season.

Geelong, Ivanhoe and Camberwell all miss an opportunity to secure themselves in the 4 with 2 to play.

Well done to St bedes, tough year but positive signs for C in 2025.

Massive win for Willy, looked all but down a month ago now 6 points clear and very nearly safe, particularly given the form of Caulfield

Geelong, Ivanhoe and Camberwell all miss an opportunity to secure themselves in the 4 with 2 to play.

Well done to St bedes, tough year but positive signs for C in 2025.

Massive win for Willy, looked all but down a month ago now 6 points clear and very nearly safe, particularly given the form of Caulfield
Very concerning for Beaumaris (who may get still get relegated). How could they sign super coach so far out? Do they need to review this? Could be time to start looking at the SFNL based on the current plight of the club 😮

Honest Match Report Round 16

Ground Condition Dead

OI started brilliantly, then a debatable report changed the moment, which we got back half way through the third.
Two big lapses at the end of the 1st and 3rd quarter were the difference.

Willy were too good and Bussuttil in the best player in the Division (imo). At 20 he is wasting his time at VAFA level (imo).

We still have a chance, but the strong are getting stronger and the rest look tired.

Just when you think a team is having a form slump they flex their muscles.

133 point mauling of the team that was 3rd on the ladder.

Top 2 almost locked in, some great games this week.

Last edited:
OC v OH - Match of the round heads to Gordon Barnard reserve where OC have been a handful for travelling teams. If OC have any chance of playing finals then this is the scalp they need take. They have gone agonisingly close the past fortnight but just haven't been able to seal the deal. OH flicked the switch last Saturday and recorded the biggest winning margin the grade has seen all year. They want top spot and while the game will be close OH will come away with the 4 points.
OG v Beaumaris - The Sharks have been putrid of late and find themselves in a relegation battle with only 2 games to play, OG's will be looking to bounce back after being embarrassed last week. OG's just need a win and if they smell blood % might get spoken about at 3/4 time.
OI v CG - Who wants 4th spot??? Ivanhoe are looking tired towards the back end of the year. They have shown themselves to be more than capable coming up from C and this match maybe their final chance for another 4 points. Caulfield, a season to forget tbh. They have been putrid in the second half of the year and now find themselves looking up where their opposition plays in Prem C. I might have egg on my face come 10 to 5 on Saturday, but put the melways down lads, a pulse has been discovered and this could be the day the obituaries are put on hold.
Williamstown v OT - One of the form sides of the competition, Willi's march up the ladder has seen them escape the drop zone for the time being. The Ed Sheeran Reserve can be the stuff of nightmares for travelling teams but the hedge burners will be looking to secure a spot in the finals and will be up for the challenge. Williamstown in a coin flip.
De La v SBMT - This may well be the final Lasallian Cup for sometime as De La's younger brother has hopefully a short respite in Prem C. It was a close encounter earlier in the year when the form of both sides was drastically different, I think this could be a nice tune up for De La and I wouldn't be surprised if the margin blows out quite quickly.

If things go to plan then the top 4 and the relegation battle will go down to the final round.

So with a game to go it’s all almost decided:

Haileybury and De La are locked in for the first final and a chance at promotion

Trinity and Geelong almost certainty making up the other spots in the 4

Ivanhoe, Camberwell, and amazingly given their lot a month ago Williamstown are safe with very little on the line in round 18.

Caulfield needing a win to make Beauy nervous as to who joins St bedes in C grade in 2025

Perfect day by the sea.

And the match matched the conditions. To see both CYs and Trinity playing well was great to see - the best standard of football I have seen this year. Even though you had at times the whistle confusion with the lacrosse next door (a parking nightmare!)

Williamstown have earned another season in Prem B and based on their last couple of months deservedly so.

Perfect day by the sea.

And the match matched the conditions. To see both CYs and Trinity playing well was great to see - the best standard of football I have seen this year. Even though you had at times the whistle confusion with the lacrosse next door (a parking nightmare!)

Williamstown have earned another season in Prem B and based on their last couple of months deservedly so.
Thanks Pazza,

You are very correct. The weather was magnificent here at the northern end of the Bay. Next to the Fearon, the Botanical Gardens were humming, and it would've been impossible to find a private spot on the beautiful Willi beach.

On the adjacent pitch, the Willi Lacrosse was hosting the Footscray LC, and their verandah was hosting not only Willi and Footscray LC supporters but foreigners from an AFL game nearby.

The lacrosse and Ammo supporters were enjoying both games; such is the relationship between the two Fearon Reserve sporting clubs.

CYs weren’t overly happy with their loss. They were delighted that all and sundry touted the game as a magnificent standard of football; I feel that Old Trinity could be the ‘Elephant in the Room’ during the upcoming final series.

Good luck to the HBs.

The Final Countdown

Beaumaris v Trinity - The final nails will be placed in the coffin of season 2024 for the Sharks on Saturday. The only question that remains is where are the belongings of the deceased going?? Attention C grade, C/O VAFA headquarters or will the super coach survive by the barest of margins. Trinity were exceptional last week and have clicked into gear at the right time, a great win last week and finals secured (finishing position unknown). I have them turning on the afterburners early and then placing the cue in the rack to prevent injuries. The hedge burners in a blowout

OH v OI - OH back at the college this week after securing a double chance with a win last week. The crime scene has only just been cleaned up after the Geelong match and I fear a repeat today as they entertain a tired looking Ivanhoe. Both sides have plenty to play for, unfortunately regardless of other results I can't see the boys from Pine Lodge getting a result. OH by 5-6 goals and lock up the minor premiership.

SBMT v Williamstown - Final match in Prem B for the tigers as C grade football awaits them in 2025. At times they have been competitive and others they have downright stunk, nothing went right in 2024 and hopefully they bounce back quickly next season. Williamstown were odds on in joining them in C at the midway point but have risen like a Phoenix from the ashes to secure themselves B grade football next season, full credit to all involved on the other side of the bridge. A tough game to tip but I'll take the travelling team in a close one.

De La v Geelong - Match of the round and what a belter it should be!. De La have found their form at home of late with two 100+ thrashings and with a win over the already relegated Tigers last week, and with that a double chance was secured. Top spot though is still on the line, so the foot will be firmly planted on the gas. For OG's it's simple, win and you're in, sitting a game and 8% in front of Ivanhoe destiny is in their hands. It's very hard to get a read on Old Geelong of late, a few matches against quality opposition have seen them fall very short, then somewhat unconvincing wins against inferior opposition. I'll back in the boys from Dairy Bell to get the job done, but not by enough that it sees OG slip out of the 4.

Caulfield v Camberwell - On one side of the fence we see the return of Group 1 horse racing, the other a BM58. 12 losses on the bounce is not a record to be proud of, a bakers dozen awaits them if they don't pull out all stops to remain in Prem B. The Wellers have exceeded expectations since being promoted from Prem C and certainly should be commended on their performances, while they flirted with the prospect of finals that ship has unfortunately sailed. Caulfield are the only team that has something to play for, they can salvage what has been a horror 3 months with a club building win. For me that's what they will get on Saturday and for a brief moment the feature event of the day will be the BM58!

The Final Countdown

Beaumaris v Trinity - The final nails will be placed in the coffin of season 2024 for the Sharks on Saturday. The only question that remains is where are the belongings of the deceased going?? Attention C grade, C/O VAFA headquarters or will the super coach survive by the barest of margins. Trinity were exceptional last week and have clicked into gear at the right time, a great win last week and finals secured (finishing position unknown). I have them turning on the afterburners early and then placing the cue in the rack to prevent injuries. The hedge burners in a blowout

OH v OI - OH back at the college this week after securing a double chance with a win last week. The crime scene has only just been cleaned up after the Geelong match and I fear a repeat today as they entertain a tired looking Ivanhoe. Both sides have plenty to play for, unfortunately regardless of other results I can't see the boys from Pine Lodge getting a result. OH by 5-6 goals and lock up the minor premiership.

SBMT v Williamstown - Final match in Prem B for the tigers as C grade football awaits them in 2025. At times they have been competitive and others they have downright stunk, nothing went right in 2024 and hopefully they bounce back quickly next season. Williamstown were odds on in joining them in C at the midway point but have risen like a Phoenix from the ashes to secure themselves B grade football next season, full credit to all involved on the other side of the bridge. A tough game to tip but I'll take the travelling team in a close one.

De La v Geelong - Match of the round and what a belter it should be!. De La have found their form at home of late with two 100+ thrashings and with a win over the already relegated Tigers last week, and with that a double chance was secured. Top spot though is still on the line, so the foot will be firmly planted on the gas. For OG's it's simple, win and you're in, sitting a game and 8% in front of Ivanhoe destiny is in their hands. It's very hard to get a read on Old Geelong of late, a few matches against quality opposition have seen them fall very short, then somewhat unconvincing wins against inferior opposition. I'll back in the boys from Dairy Bell to get the job done, but not by enough that it sees OG slip out of the 4.

Caulfield v Camberwell - On one side of the fence we see the return of Group 1 horse racing, the other a BM58. 12 losses on the bounce is not a record to be proud of, a bakers dozen awaits them if they don't pull out all stops to remain in Prem B. The Wellers have exceeded expectations since being promoted from Prem C and certainly should be commended on their performances, while they flirted with the prospect of finals that ship has unfortunately sailed. Caulfield are the only team that has something to play for, they can salvage what has been a horror 3 months with a club building win. For me that's what they will get on Saturday and for a brief moment the feature event of the day will be the BM58!
Great summary.

It is funny how the season can come down to one game.

OI won 4 out of 9 at home and hopefully the will have won 8 out of 9 away from home.

Happy but disappointed would be how we rate our season. A kick for goal in the siren against OGs at home that hit the post. 3 inches to the right and there would be a real battle at the college this week.

OH have a few out, and we are hopeful that they rest another 5🤷.

Good luck to all on Saturday.

I believe that both St Bedes and Caulfied or Beauy will head straight back.

C Grade looks like a race in 4 with OC and AJAX being slight favourites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beaumaris will hang in there and stay up. Caulfield and St Bedes to go down. All have good feeders with u19s so expect only a short stay in C grade.

Bad day for the boys from Beauy. That will hurt badly.

In our game. How can a guy kick 9 goals and as the goal umpire I didn’t notice him.

OH way too good on the school deck. Play at a great standard. No real weaknesses.

Caulfield finally put it together today, after showing signs of life for the past month. Nice to see the Reserves break their duck as well with a win.

But we are on the look for a new senior coach with Bluey stepping down this week. It was nice to get a win in his last game in charge. He inherited a very young list and has weathered the storm with patience and humility.

On to 2025 with Fitzroy and Old Melburnians joining us.

Caulfield finally put it together today, after showing signs of life for the past month. Nice to see the Reserves break their duck as well with a win.

But we are on the look for a new senior coach with Bluey stepping down this week. It was nice to get a win in his last game in charge. He inherited a very young list and has weathered the storm with patience and humility.

Not so fast.

One game to go in Prem A. Could still be St. Bernard’s.

It truly was a real glimpse into the future at Glen Huntly today. Unbelievable vibes and strength as a club to celebrate not just the seniors relegation survival but also the Reserves win as the core U19 group of the past 2 years graduates to the senior teams. Upwards and beyond for this Caulfield group in the next couple years

Attention C grade, C/O VAFA headquarters it is.

From favourites to join the Snowdogs last year in being promoted, now headed to C on the final day of the season - amazing what can happen in the space of 12 months.

Maybe looking up where Highett, Hampton Park, East Malvern and the like from D2 SFNL play? 🤣🤣🤣
Beaumaris have made it to A Grade twice , not sure who you follow but they’re a proven breeding ground to AFl so SFNL won’t happen, the right call would be to cancel the current Senior Coach and his early contract extension for 2025, they made the B Grade prelim last year again but losing 4 pts due to being over played points last season was a major red flag and now relegation

Remove this Banner Ad

B Section Premier B - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back