Premier League - 15th-17th

Remove this Banner Ad

Couple of very good goals from Villa last night, Lowten's especially was very well taken. Going to be enjoyable watching how all of Benteke / Bent / Weimann / Agbonlahor are fit into the side.

4 weeks after completing the deal, Adebayor is still on the bench. Be sure to catch my half time rant, providing Defoe is ineffectual as the lone striker again.

I was just going to write that Arsenal have had a much easier draw than us, and only lead by gd.

Then I realised that we had each played Southampton at home, and Liverpool/Stoke away. Only difference is their game against Sunderland at home against our game against QPR at home.

Should be a good game, look forward to stuffing them at home again. ;)

Sandro showing why he's probably the best defensive midfielder in the Premier League at the moment. Absolute machine.

and why on Earth did so many clubs pass on Dembele? United ought to have egg on their face right now, he's exactly what they need and he's a much better player than Cleverly.

Not getting optimistic yet. No doubt we'll choke in the end unless we can score another goal.

Bale looks absolutely clueless in this system... He's most likely been told to cut in/roam around/have a free role but he's never been that type of player. He's always been a more direct, run to the byline then cross type of guy.

Bale looks absolutely clueless in this system... He's most likely been told to cut in/roam around/have a free role but he's never been that type of player. He's always been a more direct, run to the byline then cross type of guy.
Nah, he scored a goal in the end and overall improved in the second half.

Good win. Funny how we conceded another late goal, but it was a totally meaningless one and the boys already knew the game had been won. Defoe and the Two Belgians, Vertonghen and Dembele best on ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You were saying ...
He would've scored 5 if he was playing alongside Adebayor. Still a great performance.
Havent seen Arteta play yet.
lol. The only thing Arteta has over Sandro as a defensive midfielder is experience. Sandro's bigger, stronger, faster, more athletic, better tackler and more energy. In two or three years, with more experience under his belt, he could possibly be the best in the world.

that's a sweet win, i put 10 bucks on a 3-1 result once and won big so you must have reeled in some dough with a 25 bet.

Sandro is way overrated by many Spurs fans. He gives the ball away too often and gets caught on the ball too often for my liking. Will probably go back to the bench once Parker finally comes back
Seriously? He hardly gave the ball away at all tonight, and every time he looked like he'd lose it, he recovered well. He's a much more talented player than Parker and absolutely should stay in.

Seriously? He hardly gave the ball away at all tonight, and every time he looked like he'd lose it, he recovered well. He's a much more talented player than Parker and absolutely should stay in.

Today he was good but we were dominant. He was poor in the first 3 games this year, made to look better as he had Livermore along side him who was worse

Havent seen Arteta play yet.

Arteta has started the season brilliantly. He was also very good last season in trying circumstances when he came across to Arsenal. He often got lost at Everton when he was asked to play in more wide positions at times but he is playing at his best right now.

I guess time will tell if it was the right decision for Everton to sell him, we had to sell someone to appease the banks and in the end the decision was keep Arteta or Fellaini really.....

Arteta has started the season brilliantly. He was also very good last season in trying circumstances when he came across to Arsenal. He often got lost at Everton when he was asked to play in more wide positions at times but he is playing at his best right now.

I guess time will tell if it was the right decision for Everton to sell him, we had to sell someone to appease the banks and in the end the decision was keep Arteta or Fellaini really.....
Gladly take Fellaini off your hands too.

Nah, he scored a goal in the end and overall improved in the second half.

Good win. Funny how we conceded another late goal, but it was a totally meaningless one and the boys already knew the game had been won. Defoe and the Two Belgians, Vertonghen and Dembele best on ground.
Look, with all due respect, Reading were atrocious and Tottenham got away with it because they have an array of top class players.

Unfortunately, Tottenham are relying on individuals being individual and against mediocre sides, they will probably get away with it but against good quality outfits and/or well drilled sides, one would reasonably conclude that the individual brilliance of some of the Tottenham players will be blunted.

When the Reading players actually got close to the Tottenham players on occasions in the second half, Tottenham looked slow, disjointed and incapable of keeping the ball.

Tottenham look a lot like the Chelsea of last year to my eye and will settle in the middle of the table by years end: anything higher would be a surprise.

Today he was good but we were dominant. He was poor in the first 3 games this year, made to look better as he had Livermore along side him who was worse

Of course he wasn't going to perform well next to Livermore. He was being relied on as the playmaker in the first three games, as a defensive midfielder, he's a beast and will only get better.

Look, with all due respect, Reading were atrocious and Tottenham got away with it because they have an array of top class players.

Unfortunately, Tottenham are relying on individuals being individual and against mediocre sides, they will probably get away with it but against good quality outfits and/or well drilled sides, one would reasonably conclude that the individual brilliance of some of the Tottenham players will be blunted.

When the Reading players actually got close to the Tottenham players on occasions in the second half, Tottenham looked slow, disjointed and incapable of keeping the ball.

Tottenham look a lot like the Chelsea of last year to my eye and will settle in the middle of the table by years end: anything higher would be a surprise.
Oh dear. I'm fully aware of all the negatives that came out of today, but that's a load of absolute crap. Try harder next time, champ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premier League - 15th-17th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back