EPL [Premier] League Dreamteam - 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Mitoma listed as a forward last year, or why is he so popular?
Here's my team:

Not sure about the captain loop yet and which line I'll have it on.
He made a lot of sub appearances, so his avg is lower than what it truly is.
BRI also have an easy fixture schedule at the start.

He also has a Bachelor's Degree in Dribbling. True story.

Last edited:
Will have to keep an eye on Ian Maatsen for Chelsea. Has been starting games as a winger but is listed as a 3.9m defender in fantasy. If he's named to start, might favour him over Chilwell.

Hope he's not loaned out or sold.

I'm only new to Big Footy, but I only found this thread because I posted on another thread about FPL. Is it worth updating the Thread title to 2023-24? I would like to join some leagues if anyone has any. I have been playing for 15 seasons and tried FPL last season but was beyond frustrated at the points system, awful lockout before team announcements, bench coverage rules...the list goes on!
Everton fan too but I don't say that out loud too often nowadays :D

I'm only new to Big Footy, but I only found this thread because I posted on another thread about FPL. Is it worth updating the Thread title to 2023-24? I would like to join some leagues if anyone has any. I have been playing for 15 seasons and tried FPL last season but was beyond frustrated at the points system, awful lockout before team announcements, bench coverage rules...the list goes on!
Everton fan too but I don't say that out loud too often nowadays :D
I just contacted a MOD to change it.

Will have to keep an eye on Ian Maatsen for Chelsea. Has been starting games as a winger but is listed as a 3.9m defender in fantasy. If he's named to start, might favour him over Chilwell.

Hope he's not loaned out or sold.
I'd rather he was loaned back to BUR. Would be nailed starter then. Likely won't get a chance at CHE given they're not in Europe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been experimenting a little and decided i couldnt go that cheap in defence. Biggest decision so far seems to be fading Salah.

I still know very little so a lot of decisions are based off ownership % and 'reputation'

View attachment 1764352

Better team, but you’d be looking at some 0’s there. You need a starting keeper, any cheaper options need to be “cash cows” that will at least play and score some points so you can upgrade others.

The better, cheaper options are usually the types like Mudryk that should do a lot better this season, or regular players from the promoted teams (your 2nd keeper should be one of their starters, for example). It’s for the official EPL fantasy, but check some of their guides regarding bargain players that will give you an indication of who to look for

Better team, but you’d be looking at some 0’s there. You need a starting keeper, any cheaper options need to be “cash cows” that will at least play and score some points so you can upgrade others.

The better, cheaper options are usually the types like Mudryk that should do a lot better this season, or regular players from the promoted teams (your 2nd keeper should be one of their starters, for example). It’s for the official EPL fantasy, but check some of their guides regarding bargain players that will give you an indication of who to look for
i dont want to fall into the habit of always posting my team and then getting feedback (because there are plenty of other posters on this board and it seems self indulgent slightly) but i think i have a better balance now. Starting keeper is a loop but fixed up my actual keeper on the bench. Stones may have potential as a back that pushes into the midfield? I had the cash leftover to get TA-A too.

Screen Shot 2023-08-04 at 5.39.15 pm.png

i dont want to fall into the habit of always posting my team and then getting feedback (because there are plenty of other posters on this board and it seems self indulgent slightly) but i think i have a better balance now. Starting keeper is a loop but fixed up my actual keeper on the bench. Stones may have potential as a back that pushes into the midfield? I had the cash leftover to get TA-A too.

View attachment 1764398
Liverpool play early round 2. You could only loop NF or SHF.

Newcastle dud keeper for the first 7 weeks.
Is that Karius or Gillespie?

EDIT: Im thinking of fading Mount and going for Diaby. The extra cash helps me go for Fernandes & Foden. I hear Foden could get plenty of game time in a pretty lucrative role.

Last edited:
Looking at fixtures, im going to fade Liverpool players for a little bit. Fernandes is expensive but i keep finding ways to get him into my squad because he is one that could start the season on fire with favourable matchups early. The biggest concern for me is how to structure my defense. Ive had several players rotate through and ideally i would select Udogie with the aim of keeping him on the bench but if im going all out in my midfield i need Udogie to be my 3rd or 4th back.

The decision between Estupinan and Stones looms large too. I've had both in most of my drafts but i think Colwill could be value early although having him as 3rd defender is probably not ideal. I like the idea of spending big on 4-5 players and then build a team around them, rather than reaching for mid-pricers that could be good if the chips fall right. I think thats also because im new to the game so im not backing myself to find those players in the middle that look likely to break-out. Instead ill get the proven guns and go from there.

~1.6Mil remaining

Screen Shot 2023-08-06 at 11.14.36 am.png

Nkunku injured so I'm thinking of putting in Jackson instead. I'm also considering Silva, as he may be under-priced due to starting as sub a bit last year. With Mahrez and Gundogan gone maybe he'll see more time.
Not in my top 5 best options, but none the less, a good choice and top 10 option.
The thing with Pep, is he usually sticks with the same team until UCL starts.
If Bilva starts Charity Shield tonight, and is starting next week, he should be good for about 6-7 weeks.
But I would make sure you have Moussa Diaby and Szoboszlai in your MIDs too.
Given Wissa is a bargain, and Saka is everyone's #1 MID, it leaves one spot for a Portuguese. Bruno or Bernardo.

Nkunku should be OK. Was a knock to the knee, not an actual knee problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

EPL [Premier] League Dreamteam - 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back