Certified Legendary Thread Premiers 2016 - BULLIES DEF SWANS.. WE ARE THE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I was over the moon when we won in 2008 and of course very happy to get the threepeat
I have been a Bulldogs member 2015 and 2016 mainly to show support to a team I always wanted to succeed
I dont think I have ever been so emotional during a grand final. I am a sooky lala at the best of times but the whole game had us all on the edge and I was passing around the tissue box 2 minutes from the end
Then the after game events got us all going again. I am very proud to have been a very small part of your amazing story and will continue buying memberships

Congrats on being 2016 Premiers. After 3 successive mediocre Grand Finals that had 3 different pretenders make it to the big day, it was a nice change seeing 2 genuine worthy contenders deliver one of the best Grand Finals in recent history.

I know that hawks supporters would say I'm biased (not 'nuetral') but the sublime brand of footy the Doggies displayed in the past 4 weeks is better than anything the brown and yellow served up in that 3 year period. I said as much about a week ago in the main board, your boys remind me of the 2007 - 2011 they play footy as it should be played. You ripped them to shreds 3 weeks ago and also beat a Giants outfit that is vastly superior to any of the pathetic Freo, Eagles and Sydney they played against for the flag.

I honestly think your boys are capable of winning 2 in a row and who knows possibly 3 as well. And if your boys do it it'll be much more impressive feat than the team that did it in a compromised watered down competition. You guys are gonna have your work cut it out trying to beat those Giant though. I can't wait to watch the games between the Doggies and Giants in the next few years, they promise to be mouth wateringly good.
Yeah our rivalries against St Kilda, Adelaide and GWS should grow and get more league wide recognition over the next couple of years as we should be playing them in crunch games regularly if all teams continue on their current trajectories.

Beating GWS was great considering they've pillaged our list since they came into the competition, but we got the last laugh beating them when it mattered and Boyd delivering when it mattered also. It gives an opportunity for the emerging rivalry to grow though also as we have more significant history with them than what they do with Sydney.

OK, have managed to watch the replay 5 times and finally the nerves were controllable during the last 10 minutes the last time around. I still can't stop the eyes welling up during the last 2 minutes though or when The Drink goes to put his hand on that medallion B4 asking Bob up. I hope one day to have it under control.

I found the game a nightmare to watch and only started enjoying myself the last 5 minutes but that only lasted until the last 2 when seeing anything was proving difficult. At least I wasn't on my pat malone and also gave a few others a chuckle at my inability to keep control.

No offense to JJ was that surprised me. He was great and gave us so much run but he turned the ball over so often. Thought Norm was between big Tommy and Picko closely following by Morris and Macrae.
Glad Stringer snacked one as he may have felt guilty accepting a medal otherwise. He's certainly a shadow of himself at present. Hopefully a break is the tonic he needs to find his natural instinct again.

Ok....who are we playing round one?

I loved the theme of us looking cooked at times in the 3rd and 4th qtr throughout the finals, then find a way to out last all of our opponents in WCE, HAW, GWS and SYD. If the Grand Final went another Qtr we might have won by 10 goals, because Sydney players looked ready to drop. This is a testament to the drinks gameplan of not letting mids spend more than 70% game time in the middle. Half way through the year david king said this would leave us as the freshest team come finals time, and that's one thing he was absolutely right about.

Congrats on being 2016 Premiers. After 3 successive mediocre Grand Finals that had 3 different pretenders make it to the big day, it was a nice change seeing 2 genuine worthy contenders deliver one of the best Grand Finals in recent history.

I know that hawks supporters would say I'm biased (not 'nuetral') but the sublime brand of footy the Doggies displayed in the past 4 weeks is better than anything the brown and yellow served up in that 3 year period. I said as much about a week ago in the main board, your boys remind me of the 2007 - 2011 they play footy as it should be played. You ripped them to shreds 3 weeks ago and also beat a Giants outfit that is vastly superior to any of the pathetic Freo, Eagles and Sydney they played against for the flag.

I honestly think your boys are capable of winning 2 in a row and who knows possibly 3 as well. And if your boys do it it'll be much more impressive feat than the team that did it in a compromised watered down competition. You guys are gonna have your work cut it out trying to beat those Giant though. I can't wait to watch the games between the Doggies and Giants in the next few years, they promise to be mouth wateringly good.
Obviously Geelong (or anybody else for that matter)wasnt even good enough to beat the great pretenders (as you call them) Freo in 2013 , Sydney in 2014 and West Coast in 2015
Are you saying that the rest were even less than great pretenders

Went through and watched it again focusing on the umpiring because so many people have got their knickers in a twist over it. My tally was:
5 pointless frees to us where we either marked it or got the ball anyway and took advantage.
4 soft frees to us. 2 in the one play resulted in a goal to Smith. 2 resulted in nothing.
3 obvious calls missed to the Swans.
2 obvious calls missed to us.
2 contentious calls missed for the Swans. I personally don't think either should be frees. The first is the Wood on Hannebery incident. Wood makes contact with Hanners' thigh, which causes his knee buckle inwards and his lower leg go under Wood. You have to make contact below the knee, don't you? Anyway, shit rule, hopefully they throw it out sooner rather than later. The one McLean got for too high definitely should have been a free to Jack for contact below the knee, fwiw.
The second was the non-call to Rampe for holding the man. He had enough control of the ball to be tackled, imo.

I attempted to be as impartial as I could. Obviously Swans supporters will no doubt disagree.

But **** the whining. People are looking at the numbers and cracking the shits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went through and watched it again focusing on the umpiring because so many people have got their knickers in a twist over it. My tally was:
5 pointless frees to us where we either marked it or got the ball anyway and took advantage.
4 soft frees to us. 2 in the one play resulted in a goal to Smith. 2 resulted in nothing.
2 contentious calls missed for the Swans. I personally don't think either should be frees. The first is the Wood on Hannebery incident. Wood makes contact with Hanners' thigh, which causes his knee buckle inwards and his lower leg go under Wood. You have to make contact below the knee, don't you? Anyway, shit rule, hopefully they throw it out sooner rather than later. The one McLean got for too high definitely should have been a free to Jack for contact below the knee, fwiw.
The second was the non-call to Rampe for holding the man. He had enough control of the ball to be tackled, imo.

I attempted to be as impartial as I could. Obviously Swans supporters will no doubt disagree.

"The free kick count wasn't even."

IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE FOR ****'S SAKE.

For the love of god, can we do away with these Sydney-based journos who jump aboard the sport in September and piss in the shallow end of the footballing discourse pool?

Watching the replay for the 4th time and I think back to yesterday when I watched very closely how the dogs would start the 2nd qrt after that manic, torrid brutal 1st qtr. Watching to see if their intensity was there to match the swans because you knew those ####s were going to come out extremely hard and try and dominate the 2nd qrt.

The start of the 2nd qrt really does sum up the way this team likes to go about it.

The passages of play in this first 3 minutes ( which eventually leads to the Boyd mark in the pocket and a brilliant goal ) are incredible.

The chasing, harassing , the 2nd 3rd efforts and the non stop manic pressure on display is everything you want to see in a team on grand final day.

That game yesterday goes down as the most exciting gf in history..just brilliant from start to finish.

The hit on Hannebury early in the final qrt was the stuff of gf dreams!
Their best mid basically finished for the day and when they need him most. Couple other big hits on a variety of swans in that last qrt helped your team so much.

And the tackle on Franklin then Boyds goal is probably the greatest piece of play in your clubs history.

Sensational stuff. What a day. What a game.

I've got a bunch of reletives and friends who are doggies fans and to hear and read about their experience at the game yesterday has been amazing.

An entire summer of watching and reliving those finals games awaits you all.

I've had 4 summers like that in my life. It's awesome. :)

"The free kick count wasn't even."

IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE FOR ****'S SAKE.

For the love of god, can we do away with these Sydney-based journos who jump aboard the sport in September and piss in the shallow end of the footballing discourse pool?
I think they've been making fair points. The dogs seemed to get away with quite a few forward passes on Saturday :drunk:

Hands up if you still haven't been to bed yet :raisedhands:
Red white and blue shots eventually got the better of me.
But bacon eggs, bourbon and vodka for breaky got me back into the swing of things.
Went to a local pub in Queensland for the game and quickly got on the piss with two other Doggies fans that I have never met before. The pub was soon sick of our Carn the Doggies yelling... but ****'m
What a day/night/ and day again. No Idea what the shots were, but thanks staff.
UP THE DOGGIES!!

100% agree. The umpiring was not great, but there were missed calls on both sides. How JJ's goal was called conclusively touched before the line IDFK.

However, and I say this to all doggies supporters, don't let anyone tell you the umpires were the reason we won, or that we weren't by far the best team in the comp after round 23. The fact the the scores were 61-60 with 10 minutes to go, and the umpires did SFA to help us from then, yet we still won by 4 goals, should tell you that we were just all over them in the last Qtr, and they're lucky the dam wall didn't break sooner. Again, if the game went longer, we win by more. GO DOGS!

Did you include the free against JJ for tripping / grabbing the guy's foot when he stuck it into his stomach?? o_O
And the 50 against Libba for whacking the guy in the head while he was standing on the mark - can't excuse high contact like that but it's whacky how they allow players to shepherd the man on the mark..... Could do it with every free kick. Prob should have been a downfield free if anything rather than 50 too.

However, and I say this to all doggies supporters, don't let anyone tell you the umpires were the reason we won, or that we weren't by far the best team in the comp after round 23. The fact the the scores were 61-60 with 10 minutes to go, and the umpires did SFA to help us from then, yet we still won by 4 goals, should tell you that we were just all over them in the last Qtr, and they're lucky the dam wall didn't break sooner. Again, if the game went longer, we win by more. GO DOGS!
Definitely. I did this very much out of interest. I didn't check the free kick stats the entire game, and watching it I didn't think it was that bad. But when I looked at BF later on in the night and so many people were up in arms about it, I wondered if I had just not noticed it all in the euphoria of it all.

Nope, just whiny bitches. We got the rub of the green for sure, but it changed nothing at all.

Dogs just too good ;)

Anyone know if there will be a blu ray version of the granny?
I just assumed there would be. You can't tell me they're not going to release it on Blu Ray...

Anyway, I've never been so addicted to browsing Facebook, Instagram, news websites etc in my life. Just addicted to soaking up every little tidbit of the BULLDOGS PREMIERSHIP. BLOODY FAIR DINKUM UNBELIEVABLE!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Did you include the free against JJ for tripping / grabbing the guy's foot when he stuck it into his stomach?? o_O
And the 50 against Libba for whacking the guy in the head while he was standing on the mark - can't excuse high contact like that but it's whacky how they allow players to shepherd the man on the mark..... Could do it with every free kick. Prob should have been a downfield free if anything rather than 50 too.
I didn't, because technically it was there. Grabbed his leg. I got pissed off at the game about that one though, because what else was he supposed to bloody do with a foot coming for his face :p

I didn't, because technically it was there. Grabbed his leg. I got pissed off at the game about that one though, because what else was he supposed to bloody do with a foot coming for his face :p
Not if they ruled sticking your foot into someone like that is dangerous play before the grabbing happened...... :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Premiers 2016 - BULLIES DEF SWANS.. WE ARE THE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back