Certified Legendary Thread Premiers 2016 - BULLIES DEF SWANS.. WE ARE THE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Beyond how incredible Yesterday and the preceding three games were, my mind keeps turning to all the demons that have been exorcised in the past month.

We don't have to hear about the Bulldog curse and the 7 lost prelims.

We don't have to hear about the 55 and 62 year droughts.

We don't have to hear about our 1 flag.

We don't have to feel that pang of underlying despair when watching past games (recent & not so recent), as we know that all those roads eventually lead to a flag.

We don't have to satisfy ourselves with season review DVDs that end in falling short and heartache.

We don't have to watch the Grand Final Eve marathon and only see the Dogs playing the role of the heartbroken cast off.

We (those of us yet to have children or with young children) don't have to wonder any more if we're dragging them into supporting a hopeless cause.

We (those of us lucky enough to still have their parents) don't have to wonder any more if we'll never get to enjoy a flag with our folks before they pass.

Now when we meet other Dogs fans, we no longer have to talk about all the tragic sign posts in our recent past.

We never have to wonder again what it would feel like to be lucky enough to win the flag, just once.

:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:
lBwOdNM.jpg

Am9pCjI.jpg

tvGNY2f.jpg

It's probably been posted already but I'm just recovering from last night stilll.... It's a cheap thrill to see the premiership cup icon next to our team supported on BF. We also get the gold behind our AFL symbol on our jumpers next year! The little things that have popped up all day that have made me smile. This is the best thing ever!

Wow, so many good moments and players yesterday, but the one that summed it all up and had me hugging strangers when Dale Morris runs down Buddy holding the ball and Boyd unleashes a 60 metre bomb. The salty tears from opposition who hang on to criticisms as they are so invested in Boyd being a failure are delicious, he was an absolute star yesterday, not sure how he didn't get the Norm Smith.

I was so confident when the year I finally win Pieman, come grand final 2 seats up from me is the Pieman himself, Mr Simon Beasley.

The atmosphere everywhere has been just sensational, from training last week, the parade,the game itself, after the game, the train rides home, the family day today, just bloody great.

Now we have a taste for it I just want more, I doubt any team will ever top afinals series like we just played, it was truly magnificent, but I hope we can back it up next year. #backtobackforbob

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to the game with my 73 year old Father who is in the early stages of Alzheimer's who has been waiting for this day for his whole life .
To see tears running down his face on one side of me and my 7 year old yelling his head off on the other is something that will live we me for ever.
Thank you the Western Bulldogs for the best day of my life.
Love this club until the day i Die.

Last edited:
Congratulations all Bulldogs supporters.
Have been watching finals for over 50 years now, and this 4 weeks of finals is def the best I have ever seen from a team. In fact, there has never been a team win 4 consecutive finals all over the country.
Your fitness staff have done a mighty job, and the self-belief your players have is enviable.
I can see a Bulldogs dynasty.

I like how Beveridge responded to, saying he'd get the axe.
heh

I thought he said "We're just like Yanks now" Unless he actually did say that original line, then that would have been even more hilarious.

Was Bev the only winning GF coach to get a Gatorade shower??

Went to bed at about 3.

Woke up at 7 with a crippling headache and sank about a litre of water.

Woke again at 10:30 feeling a million bucks and headed to the ground.

What a time to be alive.

Absolutely love your work Ozil. Keep on posting my friend.

Go dogs.

This is it. we have done it. What an amazing time that was.

Last night celebrating after the game was special, life moment stuff. Everyone hugging and giving high fives, everyone singing the song in the toilets. Seeing joy in so many people, we were all great mates for a night. Just unreal.

Respect to Sydney, they play the game the right way, no off ball sniping like all other teams. Just hard as nails for the ball. I'm glad they will share the history with us.

JJ, Morris & Toyd our best three. Our defense was simply outstanding again. The midfield combine so well together and our forward pressure was at its best. Every player played the role they needed to.

Lets make this the norm and hit it again next year.

When Moz carried the Holy Grail along the boundary I was able to reach out and touch it. Then I could truly believe that it belonged to us and that perhaps even a smidgen of my DNA on it vindicated a sense of my own ownership of the cherished cup after a lifetime of support. Now I feel rewarded beyond my wildest dreams. Thanks to everyone associated with our great club.

Congrats on being 2016 Premiers. After 3 successive mediocre Grand Finals that had 3 different pretenders make it to the big day, it was a nice change seeing 2 genuine worthy contenders deliver one of the best Grand Finals in recent history.

I know that hawks supporters would say I'm biased (not 'nuetral') but the sublime brand of footy the Doggies displayed in the past 4 weeks is better than anything the brown and yellow served up in that 3 year period. I said as much about a week ago in the main board, your boys remind me of the 2007 - 2011 they play footy as it should be played. You ripped them to shreds 3 weeks ago and also beat a Giants outfit that is vastly superior to any of the pathetic Freo, Eagles and Sydney they played against for the flag.

I honestly think your boys are capable of winning 2 in a row and who knows possibly 3 as well. And if your boys do it it'll be much more impressive feat than the team that did it in a compromised watered down competition. You guys are gonna have your work cut it out trying to beat those Giant though. I can't wait to watch the games between the Doggies and Giants in the next few years, they promise to be mouth wateringly good.

When redpath and wallis went down I thought you can write the Bulldogs off the flag race. How wrong... one of the best flags I've ever seen. Bev must be a mastermind.
I thought the same mate until the Hawthorn game

Massive victory for belief that was

Is it possible to listen to the Triple M broadcast. I've watched it twice, listened to ABC broadcast but I need more!!!
The DVD will have the different radio calls of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Premiers 2016 - BULLIES DEF SWANS.. WE ARE THE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back