Certified Legendary Thread Premiers 2016 - BULLIES DEF SWANS.. WE ARE THE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Have watched the replay 4 times and can't get enough of it. How the hell are we meant to work with the emotions of the weekend rolling through our heads. Just when you get ya head down and get into it Triple M plays highlight package of their call, and the shivers and tears start again.

An amazing team effort as it was all year.

Have watched the replay 4 times and can't get enough of it. How the hell are we meant to work with the emotions of the weekend rolling through our heads. Just when you get ya head down and get into it Triple M plays highlight package of their call, and the shivers and tears start again.

An amazing team effort as it was all year.
How are you getting the MMM highlight package of their call

I have sad sad story about my grand final experience. Basically I was in the states for a family wedding, was due back in Melbourne Saturday morning and had a level two ticket ready to go. After a small delay at Newark airport, The absolute incompetent f-wits at Virgin America rebooked me onto a Virgin Australia flight from LA to Brisbane (and then onto melb) that was already fully booked, so once I arrived at LAX and went to check in, I was told I wasn't on the flight and I was on standby, I went absolutely crazy, but there as nothing that virgin Aus could do. I gave my ticket away, and it's the first time I have physically cried in a long time. Long story short I boarded a plane from LA at quarter time the next day and the pilot announced we had won about 3 hours in. To put a positive spin on it, with all my family flying back from the wedding separately for it, if it had to happen to someone, I was glad it was me, and not my old man, who has been a member for 35 years, donated bucket loads of cash back in the early 90's to help us stay afloat, and is 73 years old. He was there, along with my older brothers. Im the youngest, Plenty of time for me to see another - hopefully.

Does anyone know how I can download or purchase a full HD replay of the game? I want this one for the rest of my life and want it in the best quality possible. Any tips for how I could get this would be much appreciated.

Just over the moon. Went to the game and both my wife and I were still sick but on the mend. Sorry if we passed it along to anyone else. We were in the section that the group first came to, with Easton Wood standing on the railing holding the cup. It was abso-****ing-lutely epic!!! Stayed until we saw the boys sing the song in the rooms on the big screen. Would have stayed for the party at the G but we were worn out by emotion and illness. Couldn't go to Whitten Oval on Sunday but instead watched the replay (on HD on Fox, thank Bont) and the pre-and post-game commentary from both 7 and Fox. In otherwords, totally geeked out!

I've only been a fan since coming to the country in 2009, but I ****ing love this team. I doff my hat to all born-and-bred Aussies who have dealt with the heartbreak all their lives, especially my wife. I told her 'thank you' for making me a fan of this epic club.

Coming from 7th
Beating last year's grand finalists at their home decks
Beating Frankenstein's monster at their home deck
Beating the minor premier at the MCG in front of 100000 people.

Bevo giving Bob his medal.

This is the best club in any sport ever. Gretzky's Edmonton Oilers, the 2004 Red Sox (or was it 2003?). Nothing compares.

Yeah I experienced the same thing but the bloke poked me in the back. I couldn't help it if I didn't stand up I couldn't see.

My annoying fellow spectator was a woman in the row behind us who had an absolute freakout in the first quarter when scores were 0-0 for 10 minutes because we weren't reaming the Swans. People were telling her to get a grip but she was screaming back about how she had followed the dogs all her life and needed them to win...to which more than a few said 'yeah, me too, but settle down!'

Wasn't impressed with people booing Buddy Franklin when he wasn't going for goal. Fine to boo to try to mess up with a kick for goal, but no reason to have a go at the man otherwise.

Other than those issues, crowd was epic. Sydney supporters in next bay were fine. Good and loud but not disrespectful.

I have sad sad story about my grand final experience. Basically I was in the states for a family wedding, was due back in Melbourne Saturday morning and had a level two ticket ready to go. After a small delay at Newark airport, The absolute incompetent f-wits at Virgin America rebooked me onto a Virgin Australia flight from LA to Brisbane (and then onto melb) that was already fully booked, so once I arrived at LAX and went to check in, I was told I wasn't on the flight and I was on standby, I went absolutely crazy, but there as nothing that virgin Aus could do. I gave my ticket away, and it's the first time I have physically cried in a long time. Long story short I boarded a plane from LA at quarter time the next day and the pilot announced we had won about 3 hours in. To put a positive spin on it, with all my family flying back from the wedding separately for it, if it had to happen to someone, I was glad it was me, and not my old man, who has been a member for 35 years, donated bucket loads of cash back in the early 90's to help us stay afloat, and is 73 years old. He was there, along with my older brothers. Im the youngest, Plenty of time for me to see another - hopefully.

Does anyone know how I can download or purchase a full HD replay of the game? I want this one for the rest of my life and want it in the best quality possible. Any tips for how I could get this would be much appreciated.

Its post like this that a 'like' seems a completely inappropriate way to acknowledge what you have been through. Happy to hear that the rest of the family made it home in time.

Expect a HD version of the game to be available in time for Christmas.

Yeah they still go to every game, they sit in front of me at Etihad Stadium. Very passionate supporters that make you proud to be Bulldogs.

That's awesome, so good to hear :)

I saw them sitting in the rain at training when you guys lost in week in week out, like ****ing hell they deserve a medal.

I've been to training once :D

Really sucks to read man. Hopefully you get to see us back it up next year.

Honestly I never have issues with airlines, international or domestic, other than Virgin. I ****ing hate that piece of shit airline. Twice I've had a similar experience to you being booted off planes or moved flights and then been booted off the flight I've been moved to. Perth and Queensland flights.

Never have those issues with Qantas/Emirates/Singapore so thats who I fly from now on.

Have just come back down to earth. The last 72 hours have been a dream, from the start of the parade to walking out of Whitten Oval yesterday.

35 years of my life waiting to see the club get the Holy Grail. Where to from here?

Greetings fellow premiers! Sorry but I haven't been able to get online since the friend with whom I'm staying doesn't even have a computer and I've been on the go since my arrival Wednesday morning.

Firstly, even though he didn't want to be thanked publicly, My most heartfelt thanks to Deadly Dunkley for providing me with a ticket on a day which turned out to be the happiest day of my life. He will forever be in my favourite Bulldogs people book along with legends Chris Grant, Daniel Cross, David Smorgon and Rodney Eade. Being able to be at the Grand Final was the dream of a lifetime and to see us win, well, I started crying with two minutes to go and continued for at least another twenty minutes. Sorry I wasn't able to meet up with posters, but I do not have a Smartphone and I borrowed an old clunky Nokia from my friend and could not figure out how to text and the volume was unbelievably bad. But at least I was able to talk to a few people. I had the great pleasure of sitting next to ExRoyBoy and his lovely little daughter. It was so nice sitting next to another BFer for the match.

I arrived Wednesday at 7:30am and after a much needed shower and change of clothes headed off to the Whitten Oval on the 406 Footscray bus from East Keilor. Sat up in the stand by myself and looked around the ground at the many spots that have so much meaning for me, the places I sat or stood often in the pouring rain and the place I took the pic of my parents in 1979, though that little balcony area is no more. And I cried.

Arrived for training on Thursday and could not believe the number of people there. Met up with DD and got my ticket and then caught up with Pat and Jenny from The Year of the Dogs. When Pat saw me she burst into tears and so did I. I met them at training back in 2002 and remained friends. I called them once in a while and Pat gave me little gifts to bring home to my mum. Pat was not physically able to go to the GF, but she watched it at home. I called her after we won and again we both cried.

Friday I was going to the parade but decided to go straight to the MCG since my knees have been hurting quite a bit so I cold sit down. I was able to sit until the team came on stage. By that stage after all of the walking and traveling I thought it best to try and take it easy.

Saturday morning caught up with a friend at the MCG and walked all around the outside of the MCG, soaking up the atmosphere. I might go into my thoughts abut the game in another post. On the way back to my friend's place in East Keilor, I stopped in to a pizza place owned by a student I taught 40 years ago. On every trip when I've stopped in there he's told me that my money is no good there and the pizzas have always been free. It's the East Keilor Pizza Parlour on Dinah Parade. Best pizzas in the western suburbs!

I'm now writing this at Highpoint after having a delicious chicken parma and chips after returning from the family day. I caught up with Sue Alberti there. She saw me walking up the stairs and waved and motioned for me to come and see her. She remembered me from five years ago when we met at a President's Luncheon. She used to listen to my tipping on 774. I told her that when I saw her and Tony Liberatore hugging after the PF win that I cried like a little kid. Susan is one class act. To remember a no one like me after five years was humbling.

I am dead tired after the last seven days. But it has been worth every bloody minute!

The Western Bulldogs are the 2016 Premiers! Un-bloody-believeable.

So proud to share my pride with all of you. After 40 years, my dream came true. Thanks mum.
Greetings fellow premiers! Sorry but I haven't been able to get online since the friend with whom I'm staying doesn't even have a computer and I've been on the go since my arrival Wednesday morning.

Firstly, even though he didn't want to be thanked publicly, My most heartfelt thanks to Deadly Dunkley for providing me with a ticket on a day which turned out to be the happiest day of my life. He will forever be in my favourite Bulldogs people book along with legends Chris Grant, Daniel Cross, David Smorgon and Rodney Eade. Being able to be at the Grand Final was the dream of a lifetime and to see us win, well, I started crying with two minutes to go and continued for at least another twenty minutes. Sorry I wasn't able to meet up with posters, but I do not have a Smartphone and I borrowed an old clunky Nokia from my friend and could not figure out how to text and the volume was unbelievably bad. But at least I was able to talk to a few people. I had the great pleasure of sitting next to ExRoyBoy and his lovely little daughter. It was so nice sitting next to another BFer for the match.

I arrived Wednesday at 7:30am and after a much needed shower and change of clothes headed off to the Whitten Oval on the 406 Footscray bus from East Keilor. Sat up in the stand by myself and looked around the ground at the many spots that have so much meaning for me, the places I sat or stood often in the pouring rain and the place I took the pic of my parents in 1979, though that little balcony area is no more. And I cried.

Arrived for training on Thursday and could not believe the number of people there. Met up with DD and got my ticket and then caught up with Pat and Jenny from The Year of the Dogs. When Pat saw me she burst into tears and so did I. I met them at training back in 2002 and remained friends. I called them once in a while and Pat gave me little gifts to bring home to my mum. Pat was not physically able to go to the GF, but she watched it at home. I called her after we won and again we both cried.

Friday I was going to the parade but decided to go straight to the MCG since my knees have been hurting quite a bit so I cold sit down. I was able to sit until the team came on stage. By that stage after all of the walking and traveling I thought it best to try and take it easy.

Saturday morning caught up with a friend at the MCG and walked all around the outside of the MCG, soaking up the atmosphere. I might go into my thoughts abut the game in another post. On the way back to my friend's place in East Keilor, I stopped in to a pizza place owned by a student I taught 40 years ago. On every trip when I've stopped in there he's told me that my money is no good there and the pizzas have always been free. It's the East Keilor Pizza Parlour on Dinah Parade. Best pizzas in the western suburbs!

I'm now writing this at Highpoint after having a delicious chicken parma and chips after returning from the family day. I caught up with Sue Alberti there. She saw me walking up the stairs and waved and motioned for me to come and see her. She remembered me from five years ago when we met at a President's Luncheon. She used to listen to my tipping on 774. I told her that when I saw her and Tony Liberatore hugging after the PF win that I cried like a little kid. Susan is one class act. To remember a no one like me after five years was humbling.

I am dead tired after the last seven days. But it has been worth every bloody minute!

The Western Bulldogs are the 2016 Premiers! Un-bloody-believeable.

So proud to share my pride with all of you. After 40 years, my dream came true. Thanks mum.
I've been reading your posts for a decade I guess and.... Damn must have got some cat hair in my eye while reading that. Had to stop to wipe my eyes out. Unbelievable, we did it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats for a pulsating, incredible GF win. Given how young your best players are, there might be 1 or more flags for this team to win in the next few years.

Last edited:
100% agree. The umpiring was not great, but there were missed calls on both sides. How JJ's goal was called conclusively touched before the line IDFK.

However, and I say this to all doggies supporters, don't let anyone tell you the umpires were the reason we won, or that we weren't by far the best team in the comp after round 23. The fact the the scores were 61-60 with 10 minutes to go, and the umpires did SFA to help us from then, yet we still won by 4 goals, should tell you that we were just all over them in the last Qtr, and they're lucky the dam wall didn't break sooner. Again, if the game went longer, we win by more. GO DOGS!
Then of course we have had so many poor/bad/disgraceful calls by umpires over the years during finals it is about time we received some favourable calls from the umps....

Wow, feeling for you, mate, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
Hope the many replays you watch will help ease the pain.

Still doesn't feel real. I have had the chance to attend grand finals in the past but always said i will never attend till the doggies go and man what an unreal experience. I was on Level two and you could feel the floor shaking when Boyd scored the 60m bomb and i seriously thought it would collapse when Picken scored moments later. Just wow. I have never hugged or high 5'd so many people in my life and Crown was rocking all night lol.

I'm still on Cloud 9. I'm at Melbourne Private Hospital where the friend that I'm staying with is currently having an angioplasty with three stents put in. If the artery is too blocked, she will have to have bipass surgery, so please keep her in your thoughts. I've known her for 41 years and she and her family are my Aussie family. (Edited to add at 2:50pm: my friend did not need stents and just meds will be changed. What a relief! Another win!)

I have never felt like I did Saturday afternoon. I guess being a WB supporter and a Cubs fan, pessimism is in my DNA, and I just could not believe that we won. I hadn't been to a match since 2011 and loved watching it live instead of on my laptop. I had not seen many of our blokes play live, so It was a thrilling experience. I thought Tom Boyd was magnificent. He stood tall when we needed him the most. JJ was like watching an Olympian athlete on the day. And I definitely have my new favourite player succeeding Daniel Cross in The Bont. How could anyone not love the team as a whole? As with many of us old timers, we remember the dark days of decades ago and seeing the team play now is such a joy.

People here have been so kind to me, especially when I was walking around with my Bulldogs scarf. A neighbour of where I'm staying gave me a lift to the Moonee Ponds Station on Saturday when he saw me walking to the bus stop to get to Essendon Station. Yesterday a Doggies fan picked me up while walking to Whitten after I got off the Footscray bus near the Powell Hotel and a young mother gave me a ride back there to catch my bus to Highpoint. While taking the lift after the match a woman in a Swans scarf hugged me. I received so many high fives that I thought I was back in Chicago at a Bulls game.

This morning I found out that the Cubs finished the regular season with 103 wins, the most in club history. They begin their quest for the World Series Championship on Friday while I'm flying back. Could my dream come true? Hell, if the Doggies can do it, so can the Cubs.

I'm now in the midst of catching up with friends since last week was all Bulldogs. I am on a quest to find a Ferguson Plarre to get my chocolate eclair. The shop at Highpoint was closed I was told. Bastards! :p

I hope that everyone at work today has stuck it up any Richmond or Collingwood supporters in my honour.

My nephew and Godson on my lap on my visit home in 1981. He turns 36 tomorrow!

JimampAndrew1a_zpsotng9wfn.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still on Cloud 9. I'm at Melbourne Private Hospital where the friend that I'm staying with is currently having an angioplasty with three stents put in. If the artery is too blocked, she will have to have bipass surgery, so please keep her in your thoughts. I've known her for 41 years and she and her family are my Aussie family.

I have never felt like I did Saturday afternoon. I guess being a WB supporter and a Cubs fan, pessimism is in my DNA, and I just could not believe that we won. I hadn't been to a match since 2011 and loved watching it live instead of on my laptop. I had not seen many of our blokes play live, so It was a thrilling experience. I thought Tom Boyd was magnificent. He stood tall when we needed him the most. JJ was like watching an Olympian athlete on the day. And I definitely have my new favourite player succeeding Daniel Cross in The Bont. How could anyone not love the team as a whole? As with many of us old timers, we remember the dark days of decades ago and seeing the team play now is such a joy.

People here have been so kind to me, especially when I was walking around with my Bulldogs scarf. A neighbour of where I'm staying gave me a lift to the Moonee Ponds Station on Saturday when he saw me walking to the bus stop to get to Essendon Station. Yesterday a Doggies fan picked me up while walking to Whitten after I got off the Footscray bus near the Powell Hotel and a young mother gave me a ride back there to catch my bus to Highpoint. While taking the lift after the match a woman in a Swans scarf hugged me. I received so many high fives that I thought I was back in Chicago at a Bulls game.

This morning I found out that the Cubs finished the regular season with 103 wins, the most in club history. They begin their quest for the World Series Championship on Friday while I'm flying back. Could my dream come true? Hell, if the Doggies can do it, so can the Cubs.

I'm now in the midst of catching up with friends since last week was all Bulldogs. I am on a quest to find a Ferguson Plarre to get my chocolate eclair. The shop at Highpoint was closed I was told. Bastards! :p

I hope that everyone at work today has stuck it up any Richmond or Collingwood supporters in my honour.

My nephew and Godson on my lap on my visit home in 1981. He turns 36 tomorrow!

JimampAndrew1a_zpsotng9wfn.jpg
Your trip from the USA was worth it. Congrats and sorry to hear the bad news

Keep hopes up. Thoroughly enjoy your posts

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Premiers 2016 - BULLIES DEF SWANS.. WE ARE THE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back