Certified Legendary Thread Premiers 2016 - BULLIES DEF SWANS.. WE ARE THE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

These past 4 weeks. Since that elimination final win against West Coast. Just unbelievable. We have witnessed the best 4 weeks of football this team has possibly ever produced in its history. Just amazing.
I'd like DVDs of all finals to be available in a 4-pack

For a long as I can remember this club has always been a part of my life. From the days past watching us when we had blokes like the Cordy brothers, the great KT, Bluey, Jimmy Edmond, Wagon, Chocco, Kennedy, Mac brothers and the list goes on.

Enduring 7 preliminary finals heartaches from 1985 to 2010 and seeing us bottom out in 1982,1983,2003 and 2012. To the present day with a list as good as the 54 team which should only get better.

We've lost great club men along the way and supporters we knew. But this club I love and will be with me until I take my last breath. I'll know that each and every die hard supporter, from Chicago1 and Turtleman coming back from the US for the game to those who sadly could not be there with us to live the moment. Cammo78, Leezor and Topdog

I love this club and what it stands for with my fellow Doggies die hard supporters. The future is bright.

No, I ain't drunk either

How much does this relieve the pressure for next season too. We've broken the curse, the monkeys off our back, next year we can just smash them without the weight of 60 years of pressure. Next season is going to be sooo much fun
Agree. And I'm going to be able to watch and enjoy our next granny rather than numbing my nerves with beer and being unable to watch because my hands were over my eyes on occasion - i just couldn't look! Mind you, the effects of the alcohol was minimal as my nerves simply burnt it off!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Have just come back down to earth. The last 72 hours have been a dream, from the start of the parade to walking out of Whitten Oval yesterday.

35 years of my life waiting to see the club get the Holy Grail. Where to from here?
Feel exactly the same. Although it's been 51 years for me. Now whatta we do? The mundane existence of work and routine compared to the last week is hard to take!

Feel exactly the same. Although it's been 51 years for me. Now whatta we do? The mundane existence of work and routine compared to the last week is hard to take!

The energy from a grand final win vibrates through you for months after.
Then round one starts and the brain re sets.

In the meantime, when you're not working and all your chores are done, you take any opportunity to grab a beer and put the replay on.

And you guys have 3 other brilliant finals games to watch too. 8 hours of joy.

How good is that :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some fun facts:

- 15 of the 22 players were selected outside the top 30 in the draft in their respective years, of which
  • 5 of the 22 players were rookies (JJ, Morris, MBoyd, Dalhaus, Picken);
  • 1 delisted free agent in Hamling;
  • 1 pre-season pick in Roberts;
  • 3 drafted under FS (Libba pick 41, Hunter 49, Cordy 64);
  • only 2 players traded in: TBoyd and Biggs;
- only 3 second round draft picks in Dunkley, McLean and Roughead;
- only 4 first round draft picks of our own in Bont, Stringer, Macrae and Smith.

And some more:

- first team to win from 7th position;
- only second team to win 4 straight finals to win (Adelaide 97 the other);
- we were 7th in % (there hasn't been a team in 20 years to win without having a top four %);
- 12th highest scoring side;
- first ever Victorian side to win two interstate finals and win the premiership.

:D

Courtesy of T.Wallet.

Finally made it here after 48 hours of non-stop partying, the body has finally closed down. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this board all year, i'm going to go back and read every post in this thread and enjoy every moment, you all have contributed so much enjoyment to my football year, we are now on top of Everest, and i intend to enjoy it for a very long time and i'm sure you all will do. Cheers HD.

Have finally re watched the whole game. Dunks and Clay were better contributors than i remembered. Typically of the dogs, Dunks has really good hands.

What leaps out though is that if you made a video of all of Bonts involvements, it's hard to fathom he was as far down the norm tally as he was. He was a bloody surgeon inside and out.
In the current climate where 99% of players can only kick with one foot we've got Bont voluntarily kicking with his right foot. It's at a pretty good level already and it's only going to be better. It's these kinds of attention and dedication to detail that makes him such a fantastic player at such a young age.

Do... do the players not know the words to the song?

Unless i'm crazy, and Dannnnnnnnnn is crazy, they are definitely saying "Bulldogs fight and Bulldogs roar" instead of "Bulldogs bite and Bulldogs roar" :p. Are the two interchangeable and I just don't know?

I had huge problems on the day - whether to belt out this

Or this

Or this

So I went for a drunken mismatch of all three

Probably made sense to no one, but ****ing hell I sure enjoyed it

Do... do the players not know the words to the song?

Unless i'm crazy, and Dannnnnnnnnn is crazy, they are definitely saying "Bulldogs fight and Bulldogs roar" instead of "Bulldogs bite and Bulldogs roar" :p. Are the two interchangeable and I just don't know?
Steph Chiocci tweeted the other week that she didn't realise it was bite instead of fight so a few of the lads might now know either

I have sad sad story about my grand final experience. Basically I was in the states for a family wedding, was due back in Melbourne Saturday morning and had a level two ticket ready to go. After a small delay at Newark airport, The absolute incompetent f-wits at Virgin America rebooked me onto a Virgin Australia flight from LA to Brisbane (and then onto melb) that was already fully booked, so once I arrived at LAX and went to check in, I was told I wasn't on the flight and I was on standby, I went absolutely crazy, but there as nothing that virgin Aus could do. I gave my ticket away, and it's the first time I have physically cried in a long time. Long story short I boarded a plane from LA at quarter time the next day and the pilot announced we had won about 3 hours in. To put a positive spin on it, with all my family flying back from the wedding separately for it, if it had to happen to someone, I was glad it was me, and not my old man, who has been a member for 35 years, donated bucket loads of cash back in the early 90's to help us stay afloat, and is 73 years old. He was there, along with my older brothers. Im the youngest, Plenty of time for me to see another - hopefully.

Does anyone know how I can download or purchase a full HD replay of the game? I want this one for the rest of my life and want it in the best quality possible. Any tips for how I could get this would be much appreciated.
Sorry to hear your bad experience
The full game replay is on you tube fwiw and Sunday Footy show for analysis and lots of afl related podcasts

I'm afraid to say the grand final was a bitter sweet victory for me – my Swans supporting father was at home watching the game, and had a fatal heart attack. I was at a BBQ watching the game and found out after full time.

A very strange, sad day.
horrible news DR. thoughts are with you and your family

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Premiers 2016 - BULLIES DEF SWANS.. WE ARE THE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back