Premiership Clock

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand the terms and logic behind the theory, but how often have these 'calculations' come to fruition?

?

I think many people have morphed the "Premiership Clock" idea into when a club will next win a flag. It is really only about when a team may actually be in contention and most years there are at least 3 pretty genuine contenders.

Right now at 12 o'clock is Hawks, Eagles, Freo and Tigers. Not all of them will win a flag but they are all in their premiership window.

I think many people have morphed the "Premiership Clock" idea into when a club will next win a flag. It is really only about when a team may actually be in contention and most years there are at least 3 pretty genuine contenders.

Right now at 12 o'clock is Hawks, Eagles, Freo and Tigers. Not all of them will win a flag but they are all in their premiership window.

North?

Those having a go at me saying Collingwood is entering their premiership window... I wasn't making a statement, it was purely in reference to the thread topic, as an example. I don't believe Melbourne are enternally at 3 either. Just providing reference to how it generally works.

It's like we're constantly welcoming in the new year at Hawthorn.

itchyandscratchyland1_thumb.png

The angry midget looks like Alastair Clarkson!

Uh yeah... "looks like"

No mate, we are not. We are still a draft or two away IMO before we are a consistent top 4 side

Those having a go at me saying Collingwood is entering their premiership window... I wasn't making a statement, it was purely in reference to the thread topic, as an example. I don't believe Melbourne are enternally at 3 either. Just providing reference to how it generally works.

I reckon collingwood and Melbourne are probably at the same stage of their development.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Between February and now the Eagles & Bulldogs have warped the space/time continuum.

I think our clocks are like those on a Dali painting, all crooked, warped, bent and melty... So we're just ignoring them and confounding people.....

Collingwood is no where near the "premiership clock".

The club still has to address the failed succession plan of Buckley.

And Freo need to address their failed plan of trying to win a Premiership. Just not working. I suppose it's hard to have a Premiership Clock when you haven't got a Premiership.

No mate, we are not. We are still a draft or two away IMO before we are a consistent top 4 side

Well I think the club would think they are in the window and some supporters are claiming they are the rightful premiership favorites. I would think the Tiges give themselves some sort of show this year, maybe a stroger show next year.

The Crows will always be sitting at 9pm on the premiership clock.. we will always be a team that is 5th-10th... why? well we cant seem to hold down star players.. we build them up then bam once they hit 25 they leave. puts us back a year or two.
I cant see us ever winning a flag again. its too hard.

Well I think the club would think they are in the window and some supporters are claiming they are the rightful premiership favorites. I would think the Tiges give themselves some sort of show this year, maybe a stroger show next year.

Link just one supporter saying we are premiership favorites this year ? You wont find one, that thread was a troll thread that was allowed to continue, was not started by a tiger at all. We are a finals ready list, that's it. In either this or next off season, if we develop/trade well enough should lift us to a sustainable jump to the next level.

This whole window/clock thing is bullshit. Supporters and the media tend to fetishise this whole premiership window and think that if they get a decent list with some A Graders their "window will open" and winning a flag will be a fait accompli and a dynasty is sure to follow. As the Hawks, Eagles and Cats (Swans?) have shown over the past 25 years this isn't how it works. That's right just 4 clubs have won half the flags in that time period.

Culture not clocks.

Collingwood is entering its Premiership window.

Hawthorn is at around 12:30-1.

Melbourne is eternally at 3 o'clock.

I understand the terms and logic behind the theory, but how often have these 'calculations' come to fruition?

Going back to 1993, and the 'Baby Bombers', they won a flag at around 10-11, and were 'expected' to boom shortly after. They didn't get back to the top until 7 years after.

Hawthorn, in 2008, were in a similiar situation and capitalised on their window with a couple a few years after.

Collingwood was primed for a similiar situation after 2010, and that didn't happen, with Buckley tuning the clock in 2013.

How often have sides been at 9-10 and naturally continued on to reach their window, and win the big dance?

Right now, you'd say that GWS and GC are at about 9-10, and everyone believes they're going to win 10 between them in the next decade. If either team can win one or two, it'll be classified a success, but at this stage, most people believe they're going to have a dynasty and clean up.

How accurate is that premiership clock?

Its not accurate at all. At the moment the league as it stands is a two tiered competition. There are clubs there at the moment that will wait years and years.
Every season is different and no one can predict, unless you talk about the four or maybe five top teams of the year, that's why footy is in a spin , if the new clubs start taking out flags the meaning dies , because they are bought in the true sense created.

And it was done for TV, which just could fail. But one thing I know for certain our game is being whittled away in the AFL arena, you know the Dogs with this marvelous year they've had , they are about in the same boat this year as Freo, if they don't win a flag this year they'll be another ten years doing it all over again.

Its because the comp is not even, that's the tragedy, you get a shock every now and again , but look when Freo played the Saints the other day, I just turned off after I could see a forgone conclusion , oh, and too many ball ups.

Link just one supporter saying we are premiership favorites this year ? You wont find one, that thread was a troll thread that was allowed to continue, was not started by a tiger at all. We are a finals ready list, that's it. In either this or next off season, if we develop/trade well enough should lift us to a sustainable jump to the next level.

Cool. You are not genuine contenders until 2017, if everyone else does not catch up in the meantime. Have it your way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premiership Clock

Remove this Banner Ad

Back