Premiership Coach 2008 - now with pictures and stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Premiership Coach 2008

Pretty bloody good when you compare it with FM

Yeah but you haven't even seen this game yet, and FM is absolute quality and spends a bloody long time at #1.

Nothing against the boys who are working on PC of course as they have a smaller budget and team, plus the CM/FM series has been around for a long time.

Yeah I get your point and I'm not having a go at FM. I'm just saying for a game that will be better than TAR and FFFX by as much as FM was better than other manager games the price is incredibly good. :thumbsu:

Yeah I get your point and I'm not having a go at FM. I'm just saying for a game that will be better than TAR and FFFX by as much as FM was better than other manager games the price is incredibly good. :thumbsu:

There is still no guarantee it will be better as we haven't seen a product yet but the signs are good and I will gladly put my money where my mouth is and support the product.

I have seen a few screenies and have read the features, and even from that, it sounds & looks a better game then TAR or FFX. Hopefully it is, as alot of work has gone into this game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't it a bit early to ask people to fork out 50 dollars for something that only has some development screenshots and a features list available?

I'm not suggesting foul play but normally there is a demo for people to try out before they make pre-orders, especially for a completely new game.

Actually, I thought it was just an online download game so what would be the point in pre-ordering if you didn't get the first 100 people goodies?

Sorry for the negative attitude but they are valid questions.

1. Isn't it a bit early to ask people to fork out 50 dollars for something that only has some development screenshots and a features list available?

I'm not suggesting foul play but normally there is a demo for people to try out before they make pre-orders, especially for a completely new game.

2. Actually, I thought it was just an online download game so what would be the point in pre-ordering if you didn't get the first 100 people goodies?

1. No, it's up to people to decide whether or not to pay yet. No one is forcing you.

2. There wouldn't be any, which is probably why they have put the first 100 bonus up. There is also a second pre order pack which I can't remember what benefits it has, but they are slightly worse than the first 100.

FWIW I have put in my pre order, IMO it's worth it even if there are no future versions, as you get online play for free

Isn't it a bit early to ask people to fork out 50 dollars for something that only has some development screenshots and a features list available?

Actually, I thought it was just an online download game so what would be the point in pre-ordering if you didn't get the first 100 people goodies?

Nah valid question,

the game is progressing quite well, and AD has been able to dedicate more time to the programming of late, personally AD has contributed all the costs out of his own pocket to get the game this far. But now the costs of the host ect are all due to be renewed and a little extra cash is needed, if he is to continue to work on the game full time.

Quote from the website

We now have a couple of pre-order specials available through the website:
http://www.premiership-coach.com/Purchase_premiership_coach.html

With no firm release date even set at this stage, this may seem like a desparate money grab. It's not

The Premiership Coach project is progressing better now than it ever has and is in absolutely no danger of falling through. Far from it, we dont have the budgetary targets of a regular development studio to meet, and progress will continue as it always has right up until release.

Late March is the period that's firming for release, and if we're able to keep progressing at the rate we have been in the last month we'll make that comfortably.

As the sole developer my available time has always been the factor most strongly linked to the release timeline. As I've mentioned in a few places I was recently layed off (software engineer) which has enabled me to focus completely on Premiership Coach for the past few weeks.

That leads me into the Preorder specials. With enough community support I'm able to keep working on Premiership Coach full time. In return, particularly through the first Pre-order special I'm willing to offer outstanding value to those who are prepared to back us at this early stage.

Let me clarify a few points.

- Free upgrades for life means exactly that. We're not marketing folks, there's no gimicks or hidden tricks here. Get behind us now, and you will receive upgrades to every version of Premiership Coach ever created.

- When available, multiplayer gaming will be offered via subscription. Again, that subscription is free for life with the first Pre-order special.

- Once we hit Beta testing in the coming months Pre-order customers of both types will have access to those test builds.

- There is a dedicated supporters club board on the forum, giving the pre-order customers priority access to the development and contributor teams. All comments that we receive through the forums here are taken on board, but through this dedicated board you'll be in the unique position to provide that feedback, having seen the game first hand.

There is no demo, no release date, no nothing and you expect people to pay $50? No thanks.

Expect is the wrong word in this case. You have a perfectly valid point, and if I were in your position I'd be asking exactly the same question.

This isnt a sales pitch. I'm not asking people to pay money as melbournemartin says. What we're doing is offerening people a chance to show their support for the project by backing us now, in return for a pretty impressive 1-time offer.

We already have a quite a number of people on board so far, and I genuinely appreciate their support. There are plenty more who have raised the same questions as you, which I completely understand. One way or another we'll be releasing relatively soon, and I'm confident that you'll agree it's been worth the wait.

Cheers,
Ad

How many pre-orders are you up to, if you don't mind me asking?

I am considering putting a pre-order on it, but would want something for the pre-order.

Remove this Banner Ad

Premiership Coach 2008 - now with pictures and stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back