News Premiership duo Brent Guerra and David Hale join Fremantle coaching staff

Remove this Banner Ad

Hale is actually a secondary school teacher.
With a lot of hard work its hoped he can get Hayden Ballantyne to read by the end of the year.

I'd say that and a lot Hawk intel is a pretty decent start.

He's obviously a secondary school teacher.
(Anyone who has watched an interview with him will obviously know what I mean!)

I don't. If he's going to resort to these tactics, I hope Freo rots in hell! :D
Agreed. I mainly don't like Fremantle purely because of what they did to Mark Harvey.

Call it a business, necessity what you will but it was one of the must brutal, ruthless, gutless, executions of coaching job ever seen.
Because of it I hope Fremantle never success under him.

Agreed. I mainly don't like Fremantle purely because of what they did to Mark Harvey.

Call it a business, necessity what you will but it was one of the must brutal, ruthless, gutless, executions of coaching job ever seen.

That, and because his game style is the most boring piece of poo under the sun! Geesh, people complaining about Hawthorn being boring!!

Geurra will be good over there. Not sure what Hale is bringing to the table? Wouldn't have earmarked him as coaching material.

I disagree regarding hale. He is actually very intelligent albeit a bit laid back when he speaks. He has a good understanding of the game and when interviewed he always dealt with questions well and was concise. Cannot say he will be a good coach, however can definitely communicate.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Mark Harvey was a coaching spud in the Kevin Sheedy mould if the extracts from Matthew Pavlich's biography are to be believed. http://m.smh.com.au/sport/pssst-mar...in-matthew-pavlichs-book-20151007-gk3ezv.html

The dockers did the wrong thing in hiring him and extending his contract, and the right thing in sacking him. It might not have been the most honourable thing but in the unforgiving world of professional AFL, that is sometimes the cost of success. Brutal yes, ruthless yes, but gutless no. Gutless would have been to continue with Harvey given the situation. Besides, Harvey would have got a nice termination payout I'm sure.

I see what Freo are trying to do but Hale and Goo effectively cancel each other out - 1 successful rug and 1 failed one. To quote the Goal Nazi: No goal for you!!

Ha ha, the bald meisters!

Perhaps they'll tell Ross to "yeah yeah"?

Mark Harvey was a coaching spud in the Kevin Sheedy mould if the extracts from Matthew Pavlich's biography are to be believed. http://m.smh.com.au/sport/pssst-mar...in-matthew-pavlichs-book-20151007-gk3ezv.html

The dockers did the wrong thing in hiring him and extending his contract, and the right thing in sacking him. It might not have been the most honourable thing but in the unforgiving world of professional AFL, that is sometimes the cost of success. Brutal yes, ruthless yes, but gutless no. Gutless would have been to continue with Harvey given the situation. Besides, Harvey would have got a nice termination payout I'm sure.
Dunno, the reality is it should never have escalated to the point it did.
Word has it he was at the best and fairest talking about future plans with the Freo hierarchy then the next day got told he had been sacked despite those same men knowing very well he wouldn't be there. I hate that.
I maintain it was utterly gutless.

But yes ironically the bold/gutless move has been a defining moment for Freo and its success. Or has it?

As the old saying goes..whats better than seeing Collingwood lose by 60 points....1 point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geurra will be good over there. Not sure what Hale is bringing to the table? Wouldn't have earmarked him as coaching material.
One of freo's biggest weaknesses is their perceived strength in the ruck and centre clearances. They have a clear advantage there (sandi and Fyfe) yet play dumb football to take advantage. Whereas hale is very clever with his body use and control of space with teammates around, methinks this is a clever play by freo that could potentially improve them immensely. They have never really capitalised on their potential in the centre square, let's see what eventuates.

If Hawks don't win flag I hope Freo do. Poor bastard..

That would make you the one supporter on this board who is happy for us to lose to Freo in a GF.

I hope Ross never wins one. Seems like a nice enough bloke, but dear Lord, he's been stinking up prim time AFL games with that eyeball watering, defensive grit for waaaay too long.

Try watching a Saints game during their best recent era. My God, the horror.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Premiership duo Brent Guerra and David Hale join Fremantle coaching staff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back