Premiership Race Wide Open

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Kenny_01
I'm not so sure. I reckon they will suprise this year. And when they are in form, they are extremely difficult to beat at the MCG which will come in handy for them.

Not saying they will the flag, but I think $14 are decent odds.

Bit of a contradiction.

If they're not going to win the Premiership, $14 is a rip off ;)

Essendon overrated and are not good value. Sydney not worth a bet. Brisbane and St. Kilda standouts. Melbourne the smokey with so much depth.

My pick was Melbourne at $90. Chucked a tenner on it, looking ok. They have the ability to get on a roll better than anyone.

Originally posted by understudy
Wasnt overly impressed with St Kilda or Brisbane on Saturday night - has me thinking the race is pretty wide open and there are some very good value odds to be had. Can't remember the race being so wide open for quite a while. Brisbane and St Kilda are way too short at the tab imo.

BRISBANE $3.00
ST KILDA $3.75
PORT ADELAIDE $5.50
ESSENDON $10.00
SYDNEY $13.00
MELBOURNE $14.00
FREMANTLE $15.00
COLLINGWOOD $35.00
WEST COAST $51.00
ADELAIDE $61.00
GEELONG $71.00
HAWTHORN $71.00
KANGAROOS $81.00
RICHMOND $101.00
CARLTON $126.00
WESTERN BULLDOGS $151.00

I would say
Bears,Chokers and Swannies about right

Bummers, Dees and Saint all poor value

Freo - the value

the rest - write your own ticket

dogs and carlton are improoving slightly but not enough to make the eight....again

richmond and hawks and crows are most definatly on the way down aswell as the pies

cats and the roos are just hovering round 11-9 which is where they should eventually finish

Originally posted by Shaitan
There is no chance of the Premiership flag going to Demon Land.

In my opinion, the 3 clubs who have the ability and form to win the premiership are St Kilda, Essendon and Brisbane.

St.Kilda a better chance than the Demons? hardly

They havent beaten us in years, we easily have the cattle to take care of them, and we are better coached

And most importantly, we have recent FInals experience. Neitz has already led his team in to a GF

So if there is no chance of a flag going to Demonland, there certainly aint no chance of one going to Moorabbin

There is a chance that the flag could go to any club this year.
your in with a chance, as long as u turn up, and play.

But realisticly:

Essendon, Port Adelaide, Brisbane and Fremantle should be the prelim finalists, with Essendon vs Port in the GF

St Kilda and Sydney will falter at the 3rd last hurdle (lack of finals experience)

Melbourne are playing way to above themselves (see: Yze_magic)
there supporters are acting as if they are certainties!!!
i think not. There run of bad luck will come soon enough.

My order:
Brisbane
Port
St Kilda
Fremantle
Sydney
Melbourne
Essendon

Those top 4 are the best chances, Sydney and Melbourne roughies. Essendon, not sure.

Originally posted by Yze_Magic
...we easily have the cattle to take care of them, and we are better coached
.....And most importantly, we have recent FInals experience.
So if there is no chance of a flag going to Demonland, there certainly aint no chance of one going to Moorabbin
Well, that's your opinion. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no idea who's going to win the flag. However, if Brisbane plays St Kilda in the last week in September, I have few doubts who would win. Matter of fact, that assessment is probably true of any team opposed to Brisbane in the GF.

My fear would be that Brisbane won't make it, through injury, loss of form, or an attack of the vapours. The most likely reason though, would be that the silly bastards still can't kick straight, six years down the track. In that case, I'd love to see a Sydney V St Kilda GF. That would be a game.

Originally posted by NorthBoi96
There is a chance that the flag could go to any club this year.
your in with a chance, as long as u turn up, and play.

But realisticly:

Essendon, Port Adelaide, Brisbane and Fremantle should be the prelim finalists, with Essendon vs Port in the GF

St Kilda and Sydney will falter at the 3rd last hurdle (lack of finals experience)

Melbourne are playing way to above themselves (see: Yze_magic)
there supporters are acting as if they are certainties!!!
i think not. There run of bad luck will come soon enough.

northbozo, good to see a massive crowd at the North/bulldogs game, and do you still think the demons have the worst list in the league?

Originally posted by skipper kelly
aaaaahhhhh, my heart flutters at the thought. You are such a wise man.;)

Would be great to see as we know the cup is heading to a place it hasn't been to in a long long time.. well never really in Sydneys case.

Could be the year most likely to see something like this happen.

Wouldn't mind seeing Freo in there, but just can't imagine it yet.

With Melbourne you never know, up and down like a yo-yo.

Saints, should and can be there.

Brissie, If they're even close to full strength they have to be favorites, but surely declining.

Bombers, How long can 20 large last? who knows?

WWWEst Coast, only home wins this year.

Port, might just be there year if they can play finals.

But Sydney, along with the Saints or Lions are my picks for the Grand finalist.

Originally posted by NorthBoi96

St Kilda and Sydney will falter at the 3rd last hurdle (lack of finals experience).

I bet Port wishes the Swannies lacked finals experience!

I think Fremantle are underrated, they have a great midfield, some really good kpp's and a couple of players like Farmer and Headland that are capable of doing anything, good or bad. We know that Farmer can play great finals footy, all they have to do is realise that they can win finals. They're my smokie.

Originally posted by Yze_Magic

They havent beaten us in years, we easily have the cattle to take care of them, and we are better coached

And most importantly, we have recent FInals experience. Neitz has already led his team in to a GF

Those of you saying Saints fans are arrogant...
Give it up will you. Seriously, what have the Dees done so far. they are playing well, whereas the saints have won something like 14 out of our last 15, 10 in a row this year, a pre-season cup, games against Brisbane, etc.

Having said all of that, I am still keeping a lid on things. I still want to take it one week at a time. Seriously, what are you basing your over-confident attitude on? The fact that it is an even year? As for having beaten us 9 times in a row, that is in the past. We are a different team to previous years, otherwise wouldn't we be floating around the bottom still??

bombers will make top 4 and give it a shake

have a very good draw and have players getting back into the side, unfit yet keep winning.

when the johnsons, cupido, solomon, ramanauskas and mcveigh are up and running they will smash sides

Who was the clown that said they weren't impressed with the teams on Sat night???

Not one of the other clubs AT THIS POINT IN TIME would have touched either team on the night.

The pressure and hardness in the game was immense, even Robert Shaw said on SEN last night the Bombers would not have beaten either team on the night...

Betting on the premiership this time of year is useless, better off getting the odds at the start of the year and go for it....

Injuries are so crucial...

Remove this Banner Ad

Premiership Race Wide Open

Remove this Banner Ad

Back