Toast Premiership ruckman Rhys Stanley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats To Rhys. Has been the whipping boy from time to time - too injury prone, then too soft, then too hot/cold - Rhys has overcome each of those labels. Can still have average games but AFL ruck is a damned hard position to play, often against ‘monsters’ but even when bettered, Rhys puts in. On the other hand Rhys’ best can be top notch. Rhys’ ruck work, second efforts and spare man back in defence were fundamental in the 2022 triumph.

Massive respect for big Rhys Stanley.

We had to talk the guy out of retiring at the end of 2023 so he could support Conway and Neale as they developed. All logic and common sense suggests he should be thoroughly cooked. Yet somehow he's found a way to reactivate beast mode at the business end of a pretty gruelling 2024, killing it in the ruck and kicking some important goals.

One more month, then he can retire in peace and be able to say, to a degree very few players before him can claim, that he left everything out there on the field. Hopefully with a 2nd Premiership medallion around his neck.

Was very interesting being at the ground yesterday looking for signs of Rhys retiring.
When he kicked his first goal I was expecting everyone to get around him as a sure sign he’s told the boys that’s it.

The only hint I got of it was Jamie Cripps at the start of the game.
Ran towards the WC forward line and stopped and shook Stanley’s hand and gave him a hug.
Pretty sure they would’ve been teammates at the saints and could’ve been the sign I was looking for

Was very interesting being at the ground yesterday looking for signs of Rhys retiring.
When he kicked his first goal I was expecting everyone to get around him as a sure sign he’s told the boys that’s it.

Ran towards the WC forward line and stopped and shook Stanley’s hand and gave him a hug.
Pretty sure they would’ve been teammates at the saints and could’ve been the sign I was looking for
He's so unselfish, he may not want to have intruded the celebrations of Hawk and Tuohy.

Has been really good since coming back. Close to our best again outside cameron.

Going to be very hard to drop come first final. But scott has done it 3 times before in the first final. 50-50 chance of him playing.

He's been good against 2 mobile rucks.. But he got beaten by O'Brien and smashed by Marshall.

I'd pick SDK as number 1 ruck if he's right. The way he smashed Meek and brought our midfield into it against Hawthorn was mouth watering. I think hoping he has a massive breakout is our best chance of winning the flag.

He's been good against 2 mobile rucks.. But he got beaten by O'Brien and smashed by Marshall.

I'd pick SDK as number 1 ruck if he's right. The way he smashed Meek and brought our midfield into it against Hawthorn was mouth watering. I think hoping he has a massive breakout is our best chance of winning the flag.

Can't play De Koning over Stanley now.
Stanley lowered his colors in the second half to Marshall but most rucks do.
Convincingly beat Williams who is having a purple patch of late.

Against Sweet (loves a grind), we need an experienced ruck. This is Stanley's swan song. I'm backing him in to beat Sweet.

Yes they were.

And rhys will retire.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Premiership ruckman Rhys Stanley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back