Preseason 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Woop my bad

According to HS, Raak is no longer training with the club
It's insane how much we overrated Raak last year on this board. He sounded so promising but the club board echo chamber came into effect (as it does on every other board for their own players) and made us believe he was a sure thing

It's insane how much we overrated Raak last year on this board. He sounded so promising but the club board echo chamber came into effect (as it does on every other board for their own players) and made us believe he was a sure thing
The footage and live games i watched of Raak, i really thought 2020 was going to be his lock in AA Defender year.
Reckon he will go back to under 19s/ Footscray

A tall defender in our academy is such an appealing prospect, but not being able to show development and progress in his top age year was bad for his prospects. I hope he's put on some muscle in the time off and is ready to explode this year.

Raak was always a speculative type, was mainly intriguing because he grew to proper KPD height. He more than most probably needed the top age year so it’s unfortunate for him. If we can put him straight to the cat B list it’s a no brainer. It’s a free hit, if he’s no good next year and there’s someone we’d prefer on the catb list then we just cut him. If he does come on next year he could cost us a lot more or worse case scenario gets himself in the contention for a top 40 pick and we lose access to him altogether with the new rules.

the club would know him better than most but as such a speculative type who last played as a 16 or 17yo if literally the only thing he’s costing us is the 80k or whatever contract a catbcosts, not even on the salary cap, then seems a no brainer to me

I would like to know how Jordon Sweet is going. When’s his contract up? Bev seems determined to play every player on the list except him because he’s not quite up to AFL standard or some such . I wasn’t aware that was a prerequisite to getting a game for our fine club. I would like him to have just one little game.

Why would you want to play a player who isn’t seen as AFL standard? There are a lot of players in the VFL who never get a game in the big dance? I’d never want to gift a player a game simply because he’s lucky enough to be on our list? He’s got the same chance as 44 odd others and it’s his to earn not a right to be gifted??

Everyone else gets a go . When he’s 50 in the pub someone might recognise him. And he’ll always have a shiny golden memory to treasure if he has one game. Have a heart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Practice match Vs the Hawks, Feb 24th @ 10.30am behind closed doors.

Why hide the game from the supporters that propped up the club last year and paid for the holiday in QLD for the players and their wives/girlfriends, best mates and anyone else they could find to invite.

Any game plans can't be secret when they are playing against another team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preseason 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back