Training Preseason 2022/23 Talk & Media/Social Media etc.

Which of these players do you think will be selected in the Crows' Round 1 team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if I'm just buying in to the marketing/media spin, but it really does feel like Nicks has built a great culture. Having that many players back early is a terrific sign.
I believe there's 2 things at play right now.

1) Yes the culture and buy in is as good as we've seen it for a very long time

2) There is a large group of players who are feeling serious pressure from the Next Gen. Sloane, Smith, Rob, Crouch, Milera being the seniors, but also the fringe crew in Himmelberg, Murphy, McHenry, Hately, Jones, Hamill.

Either way it's a positive though. As long as we reward the players in the best form

Jeez Rankine is a smooth mover with the ball, just looks like he’s gliding but he’s moving at a rapid pace it seems.
Rankine has the ability to be ELITE ....and I do not use that term flippantly

Rankine will also spur Rachelle on .....the quest to be top dog is a massive incentive .....who will get more media coverage, Rankine or Rachelle

That running group of Rankine, Rachele, Soligo, Pedlar and Smith looks so good.

Got my fingers and toes crossed that Pedlar has a great pre season
Pedlar having a good season arguably is our most important player heading up the table.

Injecting him into the midfield along with Rankine & Taylor, with improvement from Soligo & Berry gives us a very different look.

Pedlar having a good season arguably is our most important player heading up the table.

Injecting him into the midfield along with Rankine & Taylor, with improvement from Soligo & Berry gives us a very different look.
At least we know Burgess won't leave any stone unturned trying to get him fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide recruit Izak Rankine has opened up on the first few days of pre-season as a Crow and says it is “almost like being re-drafted”.

The 22-year-old grew up in Adelaide supporting the Crows but was drafted to the Suns in 2018 and spent the past four seasons playing footy in the Sunshine state.

Rankine, who was traded to the Crows in October, spoke to AFC Media on Wednesday, after completing day three of pre-season at his new Club.

“Everyone has made me feel really welcome and the boys have really gotten around me,” Rankine said.

“I’ve really enjoyed the past couple of days and even when I was doing a bit of off-season running with the boys, that was great.

“I’ve now built a relationship with them and I'm sure that’s going to get even tighter, so I’m very excited for the year ahead.”

“Everyone has made me feel really welcome and the boys have really gotten around me.​

The exciting forward’s pre-season at West Lakes has, however, started off light, as he continues to recover from shoulder surgery which he underwent in August.

But Rankine said the recovery was well and truly on track.

“The shoulder is progressing really well, better than expected,” Rankine said.

“I’m not doing contact drills, yet, but it’s all going well and it’s been fun seeing all the boys.

“It’s also been really good that the older boys have come in early and are getting around the first to four years, lifting the energy around training.”

Rankine said he was keen to eventually move into the Crows’ midfield and building up his fitness was a top priority.

“I want to build my tank up more, it’s pretty good at the moment, but I want to drift into the midfield, so my main goal for pre-season is to get as fit as possible,” Rankine said.

“I think the four years up on the Gold Coast conditioned me pretty well and when I come back to Adelaide I can run really well.

“The main goals are just to get really fit and put some muscle on.”

Adelaide recruit Izak Rankine has opened up on the first few days of pre-season as a Crow and says it is “almost like being re-drafted”.

The 22-year-old grew up in Adelaide supporting the Crows but was drafted to the Suns in 2018 and spent the past four seasons playing footy in the Sunshine state.

Rankine, who was traded to the Crows in October, spoke to AFC Media on Wednesday, after completing day three of pre-season at his new Club.

“Everyone has made me feel really welcome and the boys have really gotten around me,” Rankine said.

“I’ve really enjoyed the past couple of days and even when I was doing a bit of off-season running with the boys, that was great.

“I’ve now built a relationship with them and I'm sure that’s going to get even tighter, so I’m very excited for the year ahead.”

The exciting forward’s pre-season at West Lakes has, however, started off light, as he continues to recover from shoulder surgery which he underwent in August.

But Rankine said the recovery was well and truly on track.

“The shoulder is progressing really well, better than expected,” Rankine said.

“I’m not doing contact drills, yet, but it’s all going well and it’s been fun seeing all the boys.

“It’s also been really good that the older boys have come in early and are getting around the first to four years, lifting the energy around training.”

Rankine said he was keen to eventually move into the Crows’ midfield and building up his fitness was a top priority.

“I want to build my tank up more, it’s pretty good at the moment, but I want to drift into the midfield, so my main goal for pre-season is to get as fit as possible,” Rankine said.

“I think the four years up on the Gold Coast conditioned me pretty well and when I come back to Adelaide I can run really well.

“The main goals are just to get really fit and put some muscle on.”
Just wait till he sees a crowd!

Strange isn't it, soft tissue problems throughout hs junior career now knee problems, think he's in a bit of strife if he doesn't get going at full rat power this season.
For sure, in strife. The fact he was the one demoted to the rookie list in-contract beside Seed was already kind of telling

Back