Training Preseason 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

“Tough guy” Yeo has been beating up the eagles possibles line up…literally.

Let’s see him do that v Fyfe, Serong, Brodie etc.
On Yeo..

Is he the anti-Fyfe?

When Fyfe was out injured, Yeo was dead. Now they're both seemingly fully fit and healthy.

Have had some epic match ups through the years, it's just weird that their health seems entwined.

Am I right in assuming this will be broadcast on Foxtel ?
And if planning on attending, do we need to buy/secure a ticket ??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Have to register for a ticket through eventbrite. Notice was sent to members on Friday. Limited capacity, so there's a good chance they've been snapped up?

Live on Fox/Kayo

What’s Traecys pass mark for the season so that we don’t pursue Logan McDonald
Personally I think it’s more a collective.
If Jackson amiss and Treacy can kick 100 goals between them in 2024 @ their age we should back them in.
Amiss 45
Jackson 30
Treacy 25
If McDonald kicks 50 still have to pursue him

Have this thought with Rowell/Reid types that are so dominant at underage level, and show something playing as the 4th or 5th mid in the VFL in their junior years, that because they've matured so early, there's not a lot more room to grow.

They'll still be exceptional players, but others will outgrow them.
Back in the day we had a player by the name of Riley Dunn who was supposed to go top 5 in the draft but slipped to us at 10. At the time most freo supporters were elated to get him but he was delisted without even playing 50games from memory. He fit the exact description of player you are describing.

What’s Traecys pass mark for the season so that we don’t pursue Logan McDonald

Different players with different roles. Treacy needs to go at least a goal a game for me to be a pass mark.

I don't want McDonald, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can’t keep going to draft
Needs to be used on developed talent
Try and poach Pickett Warner or the like
WA born in the 2017-2020 draft demographic
It's more having a list/team that are mostly aged on their prime at the same time.

We're still young on average but we're getting to the point where anyone older than the 2016 draft crop (Darcy, Cox etc) are in their 30s by the time draftees start to reach their prime. Even Alex Pearce hits 30 next year and short of us recruiting a ready made replacement, he'll be difficult to replace.

It's more having a list/team that are mostly aged on their prime at the same time.

We're still young on average but we're getting to the point where anyone older than the 2016 draft crop (Darcy, Cox etc) are in their 30s by the time draftees start to reach their prime. Even Alex Pearce hits 30 next year and short of us recruiting a ready made replacement, he'll be difficult to replace.
The Sam Taylor dream

Our best 22 last year was younger on average than just about everyone we played. We were about the 2nd or 3rd youngest playing list.

Have to register for a ticket through eventbrite. Notice was sent to members on Friday. Limited capacity, so there's a good chance they've been snapped up?

Live on Fox/Kayo

Thanks - I asked after trying the eventbrite page and seeing it said ‘sold out’ .
I was hoping I was barking up the wrong tree - sadly I wasn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Preseason 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back