Training Preseason 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Our mid 20s guy around 100 games bracket is a s**t show for this season, that's why we are on the nose with the neutrals. The fact Hughes/tabs is still there and about the best 22 is not good.
They're not though for anyone with half a clue.

The neutrals view us as completely irrelevant. Their only considerations being:

1) better than WC and North (apparently not even North)
2) worse than the big vic teams because we hear about those

huur duurr freo 14th

That's who I heard we're really getting.
Sam's contract expires in 2025. He's a Pearce replacement so not happening at least until then. Besides, I would prefer we spent that type of draft capital on areas of need like our forwardline or a game winning mid like Chad who also expires in 2025.

One of the best takes I’ve heard in a while. Clearly identifies where we went wrong, and believes it’s quite a simple fix. Even picked us for top 4!

Hey what app is this on? Its greyed out for me and i can't click on it.

Edit: It for whatever reason works now.
Cheers

Last edited:

One of the best takes I’ve heard in a while. Clearly identifies where we went wrong, and believes it’s quite a simple fix. Even picked us for top 4!

Think we have all admitted that personnel was a big reason. Fairly surprised hearing our goals against got 3 goals worse.

Hearing Stone mention Brodie makes me want to get him in that midfield. I keep flip flopping with him, but he was so good in the contest in 2022.

Fairly surprised hearing our goals against got 3 goals worse.

Rory Lobb's unnoticed impact in the structure was that when our defenders were kicking the ball forward he could slow the ball down coming back into our defensive fifty by creating a contest/taking a mark/spilling it over the boundary for a throw in.

All allow the defensive structure to reset. Our young talls couldn't quite replicate it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the issue though the opposition know what’s wrong, they analyse the game
Themselves and the opposition.
Jlo had issues in 2023 with the midfield and when the season was gone then tried
to fix it.
Our weakness is off field pure and simple, these other clubs have experienced
people who know what is required.
Sure we will add Fyfe, but to rely on him is a big mistake and it’s a long season.
Already mentioned Johnson and Erasmus so they know our hand.

Think we have all admitted that personnel was a big reason. Fairly surprised hearing our goals against got 3 goals worse.

Hearing Stone mention Brodie makes me want to get him in that midfield. I keep flip flopping with him, but he was so good in the contest in 2022.
For me his form drop was a clear reason we struggled. I’m not sure he can play in the same team as Fyfe though.

Sam's contract expires in 2025. He's a Pearce replacement so not happening at least until then. Besides, I would prefer we spent that type of draft capital on areas of need like our forwardline or a game winning mid like Chad who also expires in 2025.

So if GWS or the Swans want anything for them they will have to trade them at the end of this year…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

For me his form drop was a clear reason we struggled. I’m not sure he can play in the same team as Fyfe though.

The way I see it is most AFL players are capable of producing elite form within their own skillset. It's how long and how consistently that sets apart elite, above average, average and below.

Hopefully Brodie is in the above average category, because the midfield isn't the place for average players.

Living in Melbourne this is the sort of cr@p I have to put up with every day. Just reading the Herald Sun and there “experts” ranked us as having the 16th best forward line this year. Even them having West Coast at 18th (with the likes of Allan, Darling, Cripps, Ryan, Waterman) is harsh. I’m looking forward to what they all say when we beat Brisbane (#1 forward line, 3rd best midfield)

Living in Melbourne this is the sort of cr@p I have to put up with every day. Just reading the Herald Sun and there “experts” ranked us as having the 16th best forward line this year. Even them having West Coast at 18th (with the likes of Allan, Darling, Cripps, Ryan, Waterman) is harsh. I’m looking forward to what they all say when we beat Brisbane (#1 forward line, 3rd best midfield)

pretty sure more of their 'experts' had us finishing bottom 4 than hawthorn

Is our fwd line proven to be much better than that?

An aging Walters, Freddy is inconsistent, lost shoota, Emmett has played 2 games, Switta is always injured and doesn’t kick goals, Treacy is potential only based on last season. Who knows if Sturt will stay on the park, and if he does if he can sustain the effort levels to keep his spot at AFL level.

Only really Amiss and Jackson you can take to the bank, and everyone on the east coast will only cotton on to the latter after he has kicked 40 goals and set up 20 this year - which hinges on Darcy staying fit. They still see him as the next Dean Cox.

No doubt the fwd line is high on potential but most of them have a lot to prove, either in production or staying on the park.

There are not enough journos who are obsessed with the league. That, plus there being so many teams in one state means there aren't enough incentives for them to do a thorough job.

Is our fwd line proven to be much better than that?

An aging Walters, Freddy is inconsistent, lost shoota, Emmett has played 2 games, Switta is always injured and doesn’t kick goals, Treacy is potential only based on last season. Who knows if Sturt will stay on the park, and if he does if he can sustain the effort levels to keep his spot at AFL level.

Only really Amiss and Jackson you can take to the bank, and everyone on the east coast will only cotton on to the latter after he has kicked 40 goals and set up 20 this year - which hinges on Darcy staying fit. They still see him as the next Dean Cox.

No doubt the fwd line is high on potential but most of them have a lot to prove, either in production or staying on the park.

I think it’s better than Hawthorn, Melbourne, Essendon and Richmond all who were ahead of us. Just before people jump down my throat, who does Melb have apart from Fritsch (who was injured most of last year), A discarded Brown, an injured and not very good McDonald inconsistent small forward Kossy,

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Preseason 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back