Training Preseason 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Draper is a key position height flanker I reckon.
Also another mobile key forward in development if Corbett and Kuek go and Davies and Murphy show a bit at Peel. Swing key position players with great size and athleticism have there uses.

Although I think Kuek will get another go if he gets on the park. Forward talent with plenty to work with on minimum wage for another year, seems silly to let that go?

Also another mobile key forward in development if Corbett and Kuek go and Davies and Murphy show a bit at Peel. Swing key position players with great size and athleticism have there uses.

Although I think Kuek will get another go if he gets on the park. Forward talent with plenty to work with on minimum wage for another year, seems silly to let that go?
Kuek is one of those X factor guys everyone would love to see suceed and dominate, or at least get a couple games. I’d love to see him have a game or 2 at afl level.

In reality, he’ll be let go at the end of this season. He’s just not physically strong enough for afl. Watching him at WAFL level he’s not strong enough 1v1 but can sometimes use his athleticism to crumb exciting goals. This won’t work in the big league with the big boys.

I don't see why he can't play the Langdon role.

Run all day on the far wing.
Definitely have depth in the wings. Clark, Wagner, Walker down back.
Only real worry is the gameplan and how we setup for the kick ins.
Team has natural speed, that advantage should give us a home ground advantage
at least.

Definitely have depth in the wings. Clark, Wagner, Walker down back.
Only real worry is the gameplan and how we setup for the kick ins.
Team has natural speed, that advantage should give us a home ground advantage
at least.

Home ground advantage. There’s a term we’ve not heard in while..been pretty good on the road but dismal at home especially last year.

Home ground advantage. There’s a term we’ve not heard in while..been pretty good on the road but dismal at home especially last year.
I turned on SEN "rating the teams for 2024" yesterday and promptly switched it off when I heard them say the only reason we might do ok is because of Perth stadium. That's when I became sure they had NFI.

All we'd have to change to become a top 4 team is to win 10-11 home games. We win enough on the road already.

Lions, Sydney, and WC early on used this to achieve top 4.
Unless we are in the same boat, critical to get 2 finals at home.
Its the pathway to a GF and we need to make opposition teams feel
like it’s mission impossible to win here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If memory serves, under Connolly in his early tenure, he stated that he noticed that the Freo crowd “got energised very quickly “ when the team started to play well during a game. As such he told the players to engage with the crowd especially after scoring. The Wiz was the gold standard for this. I reckon the current players should try a similar approach, get the crowd up and about which in turn spurs them on and creates a more hostile experience for the opposition.

If memory serves, under Connolly in his early tenure, he stated that he noticed that the Freo crowd “got energised very quickly “ when the team started to play well during a game. As such he told the players to engage with the crowd especially after scoring. The Wiz was the gold standard for this. I reckon the current players should try a similar approach, get the crowd up and about which in turn spurs them on and creates a more hostile experience for the opposition.
So more Freddy backflips is what you are saying, preferably in the first quarter

They are probably a little hesitant because vfl/ west media are ready to shoot them down “what’s with the carry on, they’ve achieved nothing!”
Like some supporters they shouldn’t buy into it and do as you say.

There is no doubt this is a marginal gain that is not properly tapped into by most.
Jack Riewoldt made it an art form for about 17 years. Running around exaggerating his celebrations and unnecessarily high fiving every single one of his team mates within range after every goal. It was demoralising for opposition fans and players to see that happening all the time.

They are probably a little hesitant because vfl/ west media are ready to shoot them down “what’s with the carry on, they’ve achieved nothing!”
Like some supporters they shouldn’t buy into it and do as you say.
Oh definitely the West et al would have a field day especially when we lost. To be clear though I wasn’t envisioning Freddy flips or Wiz arms to the heavens specifically just more interaction to help get the energy going. I reckon Delean might not Need a lot of convincing though!😜

Remove this Banner Ad

Back