Training Preseason 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s the problem though, there isn’t enough room for either if we force JOM into that role as he’s out of the middle. JOM, Switta and Jackson rotated through Fwd and Mid/Ruck is already one too many and means we can only play 5 dedicated forwards; Amiss, Treacy, Walters, Frederick and Sturt.
Surely people don’t see JOM best 22 has he even played a good game for us?

Shovel means a player only has an inside game.
Disagree he only has an inside game - with fyfe and brodie stepping into primary shovel status, am thinking serong will have more time for his disposals, and so improve efficiency. Be interesting to see his skills when he is taking on the big boys one on ine less often.

Doesn't need to be one or the other. My line of thinking was that Emmett was already in the side with Schultz there. With Schultz gone there's now room for another I50 tackling machine.

Emmett was in the side at the end of the year but we only had two talls as Jackson was playing 1st ruck with Darcy out of the side, so that spot is already taken with Darcy back and 3 tall forwards

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Geez those club highlights are better. Looks vastly improved on previous weeks. Loved seeing young Odin Jones showing some forward craft early. Pretty keen to see him turn into a pack-busting beast.

Also, do yourself a favour and play, stop, rewind around the 3:07 minute mark. Cooper Simpson not only seems to have an amazing outside game, but it turns out he also wins the ball at the bottom of a pack and feeds it out to advantage I mean, who is this kid?!??? Looks a *en good pick Wallsy. Kudos.
I wanna see Cooper Simpson whisper little something’s in the ear of that Harley Reid kiddie this week - ask how all the hype is going - fend him off with a don’t argue and launch one from outside 50….
You now my no.1 bitch Reid…

That pretty much sums up Nick Suban as a player tbh
Oh I wouldn't go that far.... Subes
had a bloody laser-like kick on him in his day. I distinctly remember commenting once that at his best, the guy could de-sex a fly with a Sherrin from 55 meters down field. And I wasn't being sarcastic.

Have this thought with Rowell/Reid types that are so dominant at underage level, and show something playing as the 4th or 5th mid in the VFL in their junior years, that because they've matured so early, there's not a lot more room to grow.

They'll still be exceptional players, but others will outgrow them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have this thought with Rowell/Reid types that are so dominant at underage level, and show something playing as the 4th or 5th mid in the VFL in their junior years, that because they've matured so early, there's not a lot more room to grow.

It’s a bit embarrassing when before he’s even debuted , he’s already being described as the best midfielder and player in the team.

Must be a shitte team!

I mean lets be fair; he does look like a very good player already. I agree the risk he doesn't automatically become the best midfielder in the comp in two years is probably a little higher than west coast fans and the worst might like. He's not that tall really for a modern midfielder, he's not especially quick or have a stand out tank. They might just end up with a really really good, top 6 or 8 pure inside midfielder in the comp player. Like Rowell. That's the risk you take drafting inside mids that are more physically advanced than their underage opponents.

I mean lets be fair; he does look like a very good player already. I agree the risk he doesn't automatically become the best midfielder in the comp in two years is probably a little higher than west coast fans and the worst might like. He's not that tall really for a modern midfielder, he's not especially quick or have a stand out tank. They might just end up with a really really good, top 6 or 8 pure inside midfielder in the comp player. Like Rowell. That's the risk you take drafting inside mids that are more physically advanced than their underage opponents.
Oh absolutely, he's a jet, but how much development is left?

The lols if Simpson turns out better than Reid

Simpson vs Serong
Reid vs Ginbey

Which was more impressive? ;)

Am I right in assuming this will be broadcast on Foxtel ?
And if planning on attending, do we need to buy/secure a ticket ??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'd probably tone it down, there is a very good chance Reid is at least A-grade even if not generational.
Yeah, Reid was hyped for a reason, he's going to be elite, question is what they can put around him and Allen, whether he stays and just how good he'll be.

I'd probably tone it down, there is a very good chance Reid is at least A-grade even if not generational.
I'm not disputing the first bit. Is a jet as already stated. (and would love him in the team)

It's the second that I'm skeptical on.

Of course there is a genuinely very good chance. My view is the risk he falls short of that is, injury notwithstanding taking him further down, greater than the hype would want to acknowledge. It's not just West Coast bashing wishfully thinking. The fact we take our players at 18 in the draft rather than 20 or 21 means its happens reasonably often.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Preseason 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back