Game Day Preseason Game 1 - West Coast vs Adelaide, Sat 2/3 : It’s Melt Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like the coaching staff are wanting to use a high press as part of the gameplan to cut off the opposition attacks as high up the field as possible and transition forward quickly.

Atm, when it works, we seem to not take advantage of it consistently due to poor decisions/skills and when it doesn't work, the opposition cuts through us easily and creates a scoring opportunity quickly. High risk, high reward.

Team mates should be aggresive back to these Adelaide dogs. Not great look they ain't going into bat for Harley.

Also I get it's preseason game but man the umps have been so one sided. Trash.

I think we are really missing Oscar in the forward half today. We are lacking someone leading up providing a target, its never really been Darlings game, and Waterman/Maric arent providing.

Add Hewett/Ginbey into the guts and they hopefully remove the need to throw Petch around the ball.

I think we should run Jamo with BW in the ruck this year, as much as BW tries, he is very all or nothing in the ruck, with a lot more nothing. Jamo seemed to be reducing the losses in the hitouts.
To be fair we wont have to deal with a ruck as competent at hitouts as ROB every week, so might not be a huge deal to just run BW with chop out from whoever.

Our backline has been reasonably good I think considering the amount of ball coming in, but not surprised, we have some pretty good defenders

39 first half tackles in dry conditions of a practice match.

Can't deny that the players are trying out there.

Getting hurt by poor decisions and disposal execution in the forward half.

I feel this Adelaide team is much better than many are currently suggesting.

Tackling improvement is good to see. Plenty of hard work, run etc is a talent issue as much as anything. All in all good signs as long as we keep it up and the forwards offer options.

This. And our forward line is like a trampoline, the ball hits in there and bounces back at with increased pace. Zero lock in.
I reckon I could get a better outcome simply by telling the smalls and mids they have licence to shoot if they are in range and they get 1000 bucks a goal.

No one seems to want the footy when we go forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back