Game Day Preseason Game 2 vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Clearly trolling from this chain, already informed about Amiss and then says Jackson

Also you can tell they don't know their footy as they think we would waste Jackson as a ruck.

Dunno why there are some defending them on here, if you're going to come onto someone else's board maybe don't continually get things wrong (IMO on purpose as its a troll)

I think this talk is always going to be around unless Jackson kicks 40+ tbh. Jackson would have more ‘wow’ moments if played in the ruck imo but he’s actually not that great as a ruck and most of those ‘wow’ moments would be equally likely to happen if he was playing midfield.

At this stage Jackson needs to play forward for us because our midfield has quite a few big bodies and our KPFs lack a bit of height. He was very effective as a forward last year - I think he averaged close to 1.5 goals a game when Darcy was playing as well. Not many genuine KPFs do that at his age.

Just generally here, I have said that we can take something out of these preseason games, like repeated faults from last year etc

but can we not have people saying "Player X is done, delist him, I've given up on them" due to a preseason game 😂

Suggest some time at Peel sure, but giving up on players in preseason is silly

Tabs had like 37 in one season, it was over 2 goals a game, lemme check quickly

averaged 1.8 in 2020 (shorter quarters, could bump that over 2 in full length games)
averaged 2.3 in 2021
averaged 1.8 in 2022

Thats a good KPF for the AFL, Tabs couldn't keep on the park though, If Treacy can reach that level and stay on the park then I'd be very happy to pair him with Amiss. (I'm all in on McDonald if we can somehow do it tho)

Damn… I feel I’ve been sticking up for Taberner a bit lately as I think he’s best footy he’s placed during his career would really help us. Not sure he’s getting there again but anyway he’s even better than I remember.

I simply cannot see Treacy getting much more than 30 goals in a season. Someone like McDonald could get 45-ish within the next two years imo.

Just generally here, I have said that we can take something out of these preseason games, like repeated faults from last year etc

but can we not have people saying "Player X is done, delist him, I've given up on them" due to a preseason game 😂

A lot of the big calls are due to the realisation that this year may just be a continuation of last year. Just like the dick heads on TV, radio, paper have been saying

I would agree with this. Even though a lot of our players were desperately disappointing tonight I’ll at least wait till I see it in the AFL proper before writing them off. Especially you get guys that have previously shown some promise like Treacy and Sturt.

Unfortunately some others have previously demonstrated in AFL games over many years now, to be not good enough. So there was nothing new there either.

Tabs was good for like two 15-20 game stretches.
Tabs was good when he actually had a decent run at it, those 3 seasons were it, altho some were cut short

He was also good in 2019 but had it cut short due to injury

Then the one that really slipped away was not giving him a chance in 2017, he was dominating the WAFL, put together a whole season but we refused to play him, (41 goals in 16 WAFL games) 11 in 8 AFL games but he was in and out of the team twice

I'm calling it....freo_leo29 is done. won't make it in the big leagues i've seen enough

Simpson was a positive tonight.
Knowing JL though, we will have to suffer through about 6 weeks of spuds fumbling before he gets a debut (as a sub) in round 7 or so.
Stifling conservatism
How I would describe our coach right now.

Only think I’ll say about Simpson is that fumbling is not exact the issue with someone like Switkowski who many on here would say he should replace in the team.

FWIW I thought Switta, Walters and Simpson were the only forwards that looked AFL standard today. Voss and one quarter worth of Banfield were the next closest.

That’s not bad as it sounds because Amiss, Jackson, Frederick and Emmett probably all return but round two but it’s kind of concerning for our depth how bad Sturt and Taberner in particular looked at times tonight.

We played a crap game style - that’s a worry. Didn’t move the ball with speed or via corridor at all, and we weren’t missing any midfielders - that’s a real worry.

Sturt was bog average. Treacy would look better with Jackson and Amiss playing - but we do need Lmac I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the sort of game that we would want for a pre-season hit out, but at the same time, people melting over a game that doesn't mean anything is peak dramatics, you obviously want your team to go out and perform every time they play, but at the end of the day if they're going to **** up? A pre-season match two weeks before the first game of the season is a good time to do it, a lot of dram queens/kings in this thread.

And before people go "You're discrediting valid opinions!!" I'm not, you're welcome to believe the team ****ed up, I do too, but when you have people going "This is going to be the exact same as last season" after a pre-season game you know probably not to put much weight in that person's opinion.

I'd hope the team aren't crying and whining as much as fans online are, they should be dusting themselves off like men, seeing where they went wrong, and getting straight into training for Round 1, there's no room for doom and gloom in football, only a winner's mindset.

Not the sort of game that we would want for a pre-season hit out, but at the same time, people melting over a game that doesn't mean anything is peak dramatics, you obviously want your team to go out and perform every time they play, but at the end of the day if they're going to * up? A pre-season match two weeks before the first game of the season is a good time to do it, a lot of dram queens/kings in this thread.

And before people go "You're discrediting valid opinions!!" I'm not, you're welcome to believe the team ****ed up, I do too, but when you have people going "This is going to be the exact same as last season" after a pre-season game you know probably not to put much weight in that person's opinion.

I'd hope the team aren't crying and whining as much as fans online are, they should be dusting themselves off like men, seeing where they went wrong, and getting straight into training for Round 1, there's no room for doom and gloom in football, only a winner's mindset.
They went wrong in the same areas we went wrong in 2023

We can if it’s someone who has shown very little in his previous five seasons on the list

Strangely calm after the game.

That was no where near our best side out there. If that's the worst we play for the year then at least we know there's improvements to come.

Only hope from this game was no injuries.

The rest doesn't mean a lot to be honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Preseason Game 2 vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back