Game Day Preseason Game 2 vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh so we still ignoring my previous comment listing positives because it didn't suit your argument?

You can "observe" but others are over sensitive towards the nothing game?

Fascinating.
Mate I don’t care about what you said. Your comment just happened to be the latest one in the thread relating to that crows poster so I quoted it saying the whole board is jumpy and upset at the poster because they’re too upset and worked up about a game that means nothing. If we had won the same people would have been interacting with the crows guy in good faith and actually indulged his questions instead of abusing him.

You can let it go now

So we still all in on the “wouldn’t trade Treacy for McDonald/ McDonald is a waste of capital when we already have Treacy train??

😆😆

One good thing about tonight is hopefully it’s put to bed that type of absolute rubbish talk once and for all

There’s a reason the club is going so hard after Lmac and it was all on for show tonight .

Wallsy virtually never wrong on his player assessment and certainly isn’t on this one.

If amiss is injured for any noticeable amount of time this season we’re firmly bottom 6 material

Mate I don’t care about what you said. Your comment just happened to be the latest one in the thread relating to that crows poster so I quoted it saying the whole board is jumpy and upset at the poster because they’re too upset and worked up about a game that means nothing. If we had won the same people would have been interacting with the crows guy in good faith and actually indulged his questions instead of abusing him.

You can let it go now
Well that's not remotely true, but if you don't care, then that's cool, quote the right person next time. Bye

Well, we won the clearances, got smashed by the umps and turned the ball over way to much for the conservative game style we were playing, I’ll assume JLo is going to say “that’s not the way we want to play” but we had absolutely no answer for their overlapping run from behind, despite everyone knowing that’s how Port play. I know it’s just a preseason game but there were some very concerning signs. D3F43D1D-DEE5-48F6-A848-D65AA876B05E.png

I'm glad I was there and saw that from a distance because on TV it must have looked horrific.

From what I saw - Fyfe is slotting in nicely and Young smashed it again. Simpson looked smooth with the ball.

Also -

'There were gameplan problems from day one..'
'It looked like there was no game plan.'
'That was the problem.'

Edit: The liqoured up Port fans were a hideous sight as always.

So we still all in on the “wouldn’t trade Treacy for McDonald/ McDonald is a waste of capital when we already have Treacy train??

One good thing about tonight is hopefully it’s put to bed that type of absolute rubbish talk once and for all

There’s a reason the club is going so hard after Lmac and it was all on for show tonight .

Wallsy virtually never wrong on his player assessment and certainly isn’t on this one.

If amiss is injured for any noticeable amount of time this season we’re firmly bottom 6 material

McDonald is the sort of player you build a forward line around.

Amiss is that player too but I feel he’ll be even more dangerous if the opposition genuinely needs to think about who to put their best defender on.

There aren’t many defences with two gun key defenders (with one being athletic enough to go with Amiss) - Then throw Jackson in there are well.

Treacy’s ceiling is what Matt Taberner did at his very best around 2020/2021 imo. It’s AFL standard for sure but it isn’t much better than that.

You can let it go now
Normally I’d be with you on this but no one wants some neutral supporter coming on their board an hour after a loss (even preseason) and telling them what their club needs, it’s really dumb and serves no purpose. Doesn’t help when the take is stupid because our two best tall forwards sat out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McDonald is the sort of player you build a forward line around.

Amiss is that player too but I feel he’ll be even more dangerous if the opposition genuinely needs to think about who to put their best defender on.

There aren’t many defences with two gun key defenders (with one being athletic enough to go with Amiss) - Then throw Jackson in there are well.

Treacy’s ceiling is what Matt Taberner did at his very best around 2020/2021 imo. It’s AFL standard for sure but it isn’t much better than that.
AA Squad standard*

AKA top 40 in the AFL

If Treacy gets to that level I'd be stoked, especially drawing the first or 2nd defender

Need to recruit a forward you can build around.

We have one. Amiss.

We did...he didnt play.

Jackson is a ruck.
Clearly trolling from this chain, already informed about Amiss and then says Jackson

Also you can tell they don't know their footy as they think we would waste Jackson as a ruck.

Dunno why there are some defending them on here, if you're going to come onto someone else's board maybe don't continually get things wrong (IMO on purpose as its a troll)

Normally I’d be with you on this but no one wants some neutral supporter coming on their board an hour after a loss (even preseason) and telling them what their club needs, it’s really dumb and serves no purpose. Doesn’t help when the take is stupid because our two best tall forwards sat out
Just don’t indulge then?

I’m not on the “It’s only a Practice Match” bandwagon. You go out and deliver no matter what and tonight we had a couple of spuds that will battle to get a game at Peel. All I saw tonight was pretty much poo.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I like Amiss but feel you need someone like McDonald.
Hey bud your teams one Dawson injury away from genuine bottom 6

Your midfield is the equivalent of our fwd line .
Your backlines on par with norths

Just make sure you look after curtin properly.
Don’t want him all banged up when he returns after his 1st contracts up

AA Squad standard*

AKA top 40 in the AFL

If Treacy gets to that level I'd be stoked, especially drawing the first or 2nd defender

Very true but even when Taberner was there he was averaging around 1.5 goals a game. I think that’s the best we’ll ever get from Treacy tbh.

This has been my opinion for ages btw.

Well, we won the clearances, got smashed by the umps and turned the ball over way to much for the conservative game style we were playing, I’ll assume JLo is going to say “that’s not the way we want to play” but we had absolutely no answer for their overlapping run from behind, despite everyone knowing that’s how Port play. I know it’s just a preseason game but there were some very concerning signs. View attachment 1917334
Seems a bit repetitive listing turnovers and intercepts as seperate metrics

Very true but even when Taberner was there he was averaging around 1.5 goals a game. I think that’s the best we’ll ever get from Treacy tbh.
Tabs had like 37 in one season, it was over 2 goals a game, lemme check quickly

averaged 1.8 in 2020 (shorter quarters, could bump that over 2 in full length games)
averaged 2.3 in 2021
averaged 1.8 in 2022

Thats a good KPF for the AFL, Tabs couldn't keep on the park though, If Treacy can reach that level and stay on the park then I'd be very happy to pair him with Amiss. (I'm all in on McDonald if we can somehow do it tho)

Treacy is not a KPF. I said during the match he needs Amiss and a resting ruckman taking the two KPDs to be effective. His best work is done when the ball is in dispute and not as a lead up forward or even in a marking contest. As we saw tonight, bigger KPDs can easily work him off the ball.

Treacy is not a KPF. I said during the match he needs Amiss and a resting ruckman taking the two KPDs to be effective. His best work is done when the ball is in dispute and not as a lead up forward or even in a marking contest. As we saw tonight, bigger KPDs can easily work him off the ball.
Treacy is still only fresh 21

I know we get antsy these days but he has years of development left in him

Its pretty clear that his role at AFL level is as a KPF (possibly KPD but he has to fail a couple more years to try that, or be replaced)

Tabs had like 37 in one season, it was over 2 goals a game, lemme check quickly

averaged 1.8 in 2020 (shorter quarters, could bump that over 2 in full length games)
averaged 2.3 in 2021
averaged 1.8 in 2022

Thats a good KPF for the AFL, Tabs couldn't keep on the park though, If Treacy can reach that level and stay on the park then I'd be very happy to pair him with Amiss. (I'm all in on McDonald if we can somehow do it tho)
Tabs was good for like two 15-20 game stretches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Preseason Game 2 vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back