Game Day Preseason Game 2 vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Must admit I was hoping we’d show a bit more for longer. Completely outclassed.
Young, Pearce, Fyfe were good.

Clark & Aish were ok, McDonald & Voss didn't disgrace themselves and Simpson showed some good signs.
Worner isn't AFL standard.

O'Meara seems to be a flat track bully, just goes missing when the heat is on. Brayshaw and Serong were shown up by Butters and Horne-Francis. If Rozzee hadn't gone off it would have been even worse.
Johnson one of the biggest disappointments tonight. Fumbled almost everything.

I'm finally giving up on Sturt and lost a lot of faith in Treacy tonight after all the talk of his big preseason.
Tabs is cooked. Really without Amiss and Jackson & Freddy we are hopeless up forward. Emmett makes a difference too.

Not sure about Sharp. Did a few ok things but doesn't look a patch on what Acres or even Henry were producing. Without any legitimate wingers we are going to struggle big time.

Most of all there has been no development in how we move the ball. I struggle to understand what JL is trying to achieve.

It's about balance but I'd be tempted to drop O'Meara and play Erasmus or Brodie or both. I would play Simpson from Rd 1 too. He's got the one touch and pace we desperately need. Just back the kid. I think Draper should play in front of Hughes, Worner, McDonald too. He's got something special in traffic and great ground ball skills, Michael Johnson like.

It should look different if we get most of our injuries back but its a long way off a top 8 side with the gameplan.

I'd draw a line through Sturt, Hughes, Worner, Banfield, Taberner for a start. Banfield is good depth and Hughes is absolutely a break glass in emergency type but the collective footy IQ out there tonight was awful.

Treacy just got worse and worse if that's possible. He's a good foil for Amiss and Jackson but I'm not sure he's an AFL forward in his own right.

Ok possibly an overreaction but Johnson was giving me Connor Blakely vibes tonight.

Worst case scenario - Brisbane will take us to pieces. I'm starting to think JL might be in strife.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pop Corn GIF by WWE

Hold up, could've sworn you sooked about Sturt, Brodie and the performance overall quite a bit tonight.

Irony hey kid
I said that certain players looked below AFL standard. It’s an observation not a sook. And quite validating actually because it supports what I’ve been arguing about for years re Sturt.

Much different to abusing an oppo fan who made a suggestion (albeit naive and stupid) in good faith.

I’ve said it before and been shot down, but I think if some of the young midfielders like Erasmus play well tomorrow, I would prefer to have Young go back (temporarily) and have Erasmus in the team than Worner. Collingwood showed us how damaging playing guys like Daicos off half back is and every team is trying to find someone on their list to do similar, but we take the closest thing we have to Daicos running off half back and put him in the midfield.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I know we don't agree on this, but I think we just saw why it is unlikely Young is going to find himself in defence.

Last edited:
I said that certain players looked below AFL standard. It’s an observation not a sook. And quite validating actually because it supports what I’ve been arguing about for years re Sturt.

Much different to abusing an oppo fan who made a suggestion (albeit naive and stupid) in good faith.
Oh so we still ignoring my previous comment listing positives because it didn't suit your argument?

You can "observe" but others are over sensitive towards the nothing game?

Fascinating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Preseason Game 2 vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back