President March: "Tigers Looking for Respect"

Remove this Banner Ad

This club is becoming a powerful unit once again," he said.

"Beware anyone that takes us lightly and shows us a lack of respect because as a united unit we are once again going to be the kings of the AFL jungle."

Love it!! :thumbsu:

if anything its a good sign that muppets like shaw put us last

how many times have you heard everyone pumping us for the 8 and then we are forgotten by round 12

Good sides dont ask for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It just comes through the need of the other side to be on its game.

I feel embarassed everytime this club asks for it.

Frawley made me cringe when he couldnt handle the fact that 'new boys on the block' in finals will find people tipping against them.

Made us look so fragile to tipsters.

This club is becoming a powerful unit once again," he said.

"Beware anyone that takes us lightly and shows us a lack of respect because as a united unit we are once again going to be the kings of the AFL jungle."

Love it!! :thumbsu:

Prove it on the football field and we'll all be happy.Btw this sounds like a frawley "looking for respect".

Frawley made me cringe when he couldnt handle the fact that 'new boys on the block' in finals will find people tipping against them.

Spot On

respect is something that is earned .... constantly asking for it and not delivering makes me want to Yak ...

i realise that the marketing junket has to be in full swing at this time of year , it is a business an` all ..... but FFS ... i wish they would just shut thier mouths sometimes .

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS

AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

YOU LOT CAN'T READ!!! lol

"So for me this year's goal is respect and respect is not given it's earned"

They know you can't just ask for respect - READ more than just a headline next time!! :rolleyes:

They know you can't just ask for respect - READ more than just a headline next time!! :rolleyes:

Its the fact that its a priority for the club.

When Frawley was asking for it all the time I was thinking....Give our supporters something to cheer about first.

A finals appearance is great for supporters but you wont necessarily get respect until you are a regular for two or three years.

Its like having a house full of starving children and concerning yourself with what the neighbours are thinking.

yeh so whats your point

they know what has to be done and it still doesnt happen time and again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon I've seen about a million (slight exaggeration, but heaps anyway) of these articles before... here we go etc etc

http://www.sportal.com.au/football.asp?i=news&id=96303

Hey Gary - the likely reason we lack respect is because we regularly get PUMPED. Fix that and we'll be noticed.

Ah well, good luck Tiges.

Im sick of this sort of crap. Until we actually win something we deserve nothing.

I was there, and in fairness gary did not ask for respect. He was saying the aim this year was to try and EARN the respect of the opposition, which he said we definitely and rightfully dont have yet.

Big time sport is very simple. WIN and you get respect. If the tigers were winning regularly and were regularly top 4 or even top 6, were factors in the finals and were drawing 1,000,000 through the gate as we would be in those circumstances you would find everyone in suits and out of them respecting us. As it is everyone says " Oh tyopical Tiger bigging up because they are full of it".

Talk the talk by all means but if we are 2 from 2 coming off the "G" after the Swans game you'll find people respecting us.

Remove this Banner Ad

President March: "Tigers Looking for Respect"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back