Press conference : 5:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

i still dont get it.
if you've raised 8 million clams, at a conservative forecast, with the view that you will be generating min. 1 million a year from non-footy revenue. isnt that the decision there ???
JB and Magowan were impressive in terms of saying damage being done to melbourne membership. also mentioned that the heritage will be lost if it goes to GC.

i hate this ! i dont wanna wait 2 more weeks.

Two more weeks. ****.

They sounded a bit taken aback by the size of the offer in my opinion.
Magowan said things like "they covered almost every concern we had in previously discussion".

But JB made it pretty clear that it is seeling the club, that it is no longer the NMFC. Magowan said they did make special provisions for Melb members but effectively, he agrred.

I still worry about the shareholders.

At least the Resistance gig will maintain a sharp, desperate edge.....could be the night before the final announcement.

Congratulated the AFL on the presentation, it is a fantastic offer, we're an 8 man board, we have shareholders, members, all to have a say, only thing that worries him is that the AFL don't have a stadium deal, Hussey got his ton, we will be negligent in our duty if we sign off without one, the stay in melbourne document will be made public, very hard to get non football revnue into a club with 4 million debt, have gone to key stake holders and got 8 million from them, and 10 million by 2009, vlad said if you make the decision to stay he will respect it, if you don't we are happy, would have loved to have made a decision but need time to look at both documents... absolutely crucial that the club has to be handed back to the members, vlad and james both agree on that, not sure who the scottish bloke is, Magowan?, the situation exists that the code needs a team on the GC, but the decision for us is do we hand in all the heritage of the club for a huge proposal, he's worried about the heritage, if the club goes up there its hard to...(missed that bit)call it the NMFC, JB was quite adamant that a relocated NMFC would no longer be the same club, thats it for now.

Thanks jozeph.

Fook. Maybe I should come back in February.

They've been trying to shift us off all year and they have no stadium deal. What a sham.

Regardless, we have the promise of all that cash if we stay. I don't understand what the deliberations are about?!

I liken the AFL to a Fisherman they are throwing out a tasty morsel, it looks appealing, smells ok even looks good. We are the Fish we have been attracted by the tasty morsel even had a few bites but if we take it hook line and sinker u know what the Fisherman will do :eek:. Unless of course its Rex Hunt he would give us a Kiss throw us back and say grow and grow big my little friend. But the AFL are not a conservative Fisherman they will catch us gut us eat the remains and use our head as a trophy, and place them on the wall next to the other 2, The Fitzroy Lion and The South Melbourne Swan :thumbsdown:

Brayshaw did say regardless of decision, the club will be returnig to the members as both offers include this as a condition.

Another reason to buy as many memberships as u can even your dog if u have too we may have to vote one day

maybe jimmy and ronnie didnt want to tell the AFL Fucxxxk Off straight away so as not to dent their pride...maybe its a way of keeping them on-side for that better draw, no hard feelings thing. maybe the answer was going to be no prior to this meeting with them, but they thought, out of courtesy, pretend your listening to them and you will consider their plan, but really, you know your gonna say no.

Why the hell has the NMFC been struggling for cash and getting into debt all these years when someone like JB (and others) can come in and, in a very short amount of time, raise $8 million dollars?? :rolleyes: Answer - because the club has been run by incompetent people for years. Get rid of the deadwood, get the right people in the job and the North Melbourne Football Club can be reborn. :thumbsu:

Tell the AFL thanks, but NO THANKS!

Brayshaw did say regardless of decision, the club will be returnig to the members as both offers include this as a condition.

Somehow I am not particularly consoled by the fact that a Gold Coast football club will be membership based. Seriously... does anyone else care about the ownership of a Gold Coast football club? Do you think that's the important issue?

I would like to say to WANM or anyone else hoping to speak with Demetriou and his co-peanuts, please DO NOT discuss ownership of the club until we have secured our Melbourne future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two enormous positives from this:

1. JB stating the offer means the North Melbourne football club ceases to exist as the Gold Coast franchise will be a new club
- so repeat this to those of the faithful that believe they are saving our great club by shifting it up north, saying yes is saying goodbye forever

2. Demetriou and his posse have been backed into a corner and will have to accept our decision with grace, a smile & a favourable draw

Why the hell has the NMFC been struggling for cash and getting into debt all these years when someone like JB (and others) can come in and, in a very short amount of time, raise $8 million dollars?? :rolleyes: Answer - because the club has been run by incompetent people for years. Get rid of the deadwood, get the right people in the job and the North Melbourne Football Club can be reborn. :thumbsu:

Tell the AFL thanks, but NO THANKS!

Desperate times, desperate measures and all that.

Chances are that the peeps offering the funds now would probably have never suggested we can have their filthy lucre in previos circumstances.

I know our frustrations are directed at previous boards but maybe we need this tipping point crisis to get our collective arses into gear.

Apparently the offer is worth about 100 million and includes seven games in Melb for next 10 years and six from there on.

Wonder what the other clubs think of the AFL throwing 100 million dollars at the Gold Coast

Apparently the offer is worth about 100 million and includes seven games in Melb for next 10 years and six from there on.

If that's your mail Scotty - they have made their best and final offer today.

$82m was my mail of being the amount the AFL had budgeted in a worse case scenario to bribe/buy us out.

Well, AD considers Sydney, Brisbane, Tasmania, Darwin, Canberra and anywhere else a club that had any roots at any point in time as a Melbourne game. Lions fans get to see one of their "Melbourne" games in Tasmania.

Somehow I am not particularly consoled by the fact that a Gold Coast football club will be membership based. Seriously... does anyone else care about the ownership of a Gold Coast football club? Do you think that's the important issue?

I would like to say to WANM or anyone else hoping to speak with Demetriou and his co-peanuts, please DO NOT discuss ownership of the club until we have secured our Melbourne future.

I agree with this. One step at a time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Press conference : 5:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back