Primus does a runner

Remove this Banner Ad

I had to LOL at this comment on the fox sports website...
Crying Primus of Skodaville says… August 05, 2012 at 4:26 PM
I dont get how the players will see Primus get the flick over this. THEY put up a weak as piss effort in a game that spelt DANGER from the moment the draw was released. If the stain that is the Port hierachy have any semblance of a scrotum they will keep the coach and sack/delist at least half there squad and start again. They need to distance themselves from the REAL Port Adelaide Football club (Magpies) , get over themselves and the whole 1870 thing because "we exist to win premierships" has more holes in it than the Port Power backline....get rid of it; rewrite yor own history and seek couselling over the 2007 grand final flogging which is still hanging around like Josh Carr.​

I feel sorry for Primus. He has inherited a crap list, and has bugger-all resources. The players need to cop most of the wrath for that effort on Saturday.

Having said that though - the nature of football is to sack the coach first. Or in his case, not extend his contract.

His only hope to stay in football is to do something similiar to what Ayres and R. Shaw have done.

I feel sorry for Primus. He has inherited a crap list, and has bugger-all resources. The players need to cop most of the wrath for that effort on Saturday.

Having said that though - the nature of football is to sack the coach first. Or in his case, not extend his contract.

His only hope to stay in football is to do something similiar to what Ayres and R. Shaw have done.

Primus has been there for what , 4 or 5 years - he is partly responsible for that crap list

Hows the seach for the PAP coach going?
Ive lost count on those removing their hats from the ring including Hocking, Roos, Malthouse, Burns, Bickley, Sumich, Wallet, Eade and now Daniher (says Im not really interested LOL),....whos left?
Sacked coach Ratteno_O

Heres a glowing report from a Carlton supporter...
Ratten's reign has been characterised by a litany of recruiting errors, sacked assistants, overdue positional changes, player confusion, stubborn loyalty to the underperforming, game day inertia, and an infuriating incapacity to impart information to supporters in a coherent way with his garbled, cliche ridden interviews. The one thing he had going for him was player endeavour, and that's gone too now. Enough.

Goodlucklol

Heres a glowing report from a Carlton supporter...
Ratten's reign has been characterised by a litany of recruiting errors, sacked assistants, overdue positional changes, player confusion, stubborn loyalty to the underperforming, game day inertia, and an infuriating incapacity to impart information to supporters in a coherent way with his garbled, cliche ridden interviews. The one thing he had going for him was player endeavour, and that's gone too now. Enough.

Goodlucklol

Sounds a lot like a previous PAFC Coach :confused:

Leon_Cameron.jpg
"I'm not interested!"
unbreakable.jpg
"I just want to talk to you!!!!"

Hocking, Roos, Burns and Malthouse are the only ones on that list who have actually been quoted as withdrawing. If you're going to troll, you should at least try to include a modicum of truth in your trolling.

Also, I lol'ed hard at your inclusion of Bickley. 'Withdrawing from the race' there means 'saving face after not even being considered in the race'.

Wow so much denial

Care to tell me the last time that a potential coach who was ruled out in the media actually won a vacant position ??

According to reports Eade, Cameron and Burns have all withdrawn from the race, surely if Port appoint anyone outside of those three we can all assume that the mail from Caro is on the money.

It's actually funny seeing the Poort supporters trying to convince themselves that there is some sort of media conspriacy and that the truth is that all these guys are supposedly banging down the doors at Alberton just for the opportunity to coach there

According to reports Travis Boak has signed a 3 year contract with Geelong.

Burns is the only one of those three who has publicly pulled out.

Why on earth would they have to publicly announce they arent interested ?

Why also would Caro they claim that Cameron and Eade aren't interested if they actually were ? As I said before you should me one vacant coaching job where the media claimed prior to them getting the job that the appointed coach had withdrawn ?

We'll see how accurate the article is in a few days as the proof will be in the pudding. If someone besides Eade or Cameron it will then confirm that both had withdrawn from the race.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you click on the article? I did. That's why she would claim it, to get people to read her articles. It might be 100% true, and it might be just as 'true' as Ashley Porter claiming that Boak is set to sign a three year contract with Geelong.

So this direct quote from Gary Pert didn't register with you then?

In a move which now has Brett Ratten an even stronger favourite to take the job, Eade has also assured Magpies chief executive Gary Pert that he did not present for the Port job but simply held preliminary talks with that club's CEO Keith Thomas and his panel.
"My understanding after talking with 'Rocket' was that he was very impressed with Port's vision for the future and their general football direction," Pert told The Age.
"But he has also indicated he would not be presenting for the job and intends to see out his contract with Collingwood which has two years remaining."

Eade himself said that he did not know if he wanted to be a Head Coach again on AFL Insider this week.

Now he could be bluffing, but I doubt it.

At the Crows V Swans game I overheard a couple of blokes saying that Ratten had the job and it would be announced on Thursday of that week. Did not think anything of that, untill Ratten had an interview on AA Thursday arvo. Thought that was a bit odd, given it is Finals time and there are better things to talk about.

Am thinking that interview was already booked for him to be interviewed as Head Coach, but McCarthy's passing halted that announcement till the mourning period is over. So it was used to sell Ratten to the Port supporters, hence his spiel about how great the club is and how Craig Bradley has always talked up the club and how great it is.

I guess we will know soon enough, perhaps tomorrow??

Eade himself said that he did not know if he wanted to be a Head Coach again on AFL Insider this week.

Now he could be bluffing, but I doubt it.

At the Crows V Swans game I overheard a couple of blokes saying that Ratten had the job and it would be announced on Thursday of that week. Did not think anything of that, untill Ratten had an interview on AA Thursday arvo. Thought that was a bit odd, given it is Finals time and there are better things to talk about.

Am thinking that interview was already booked for him to be interviewed as Head Coach, but McCarthy's passing halted that announcement till the mourning period is over. So it was used to sell Ratten to the Port supporters, hence his spiel about how great the club is and how Craig Bradley has always talked up the club and how great it is.

I guess we will know soon enough, perhaps tomorrow??

Keith Thomas did say that last week was going to have been a very significant week for the Port Adelaide Football Club, but with the McCartney tragedy it had been delayed.

I corrected it for you, i have even on the odd occasion clicked the "like" button on some of the stupid things that you have posted in the past. :thumbsu:

Look out, noddy having a hissy fit

Remove this Banner Ad

Primus does a runner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back