PROPOSED Members Discussion Forum, Sat 10 Nov - FEEDBACK WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With all the current threads and posts I feel there is a lack of direction, vision and focus in achieving what we all here want - North Melbourne to remain in North Melbourne.

MEMBERS DISCUSSION FORUM

I would like to propose a members discussion forum to more formally and constructively discuss and organise initiatives to support the club remaining a Melbourne-based club.

Proposed Venue

Village Roadshow Theatrette, State Library

- Seats up to 210 people.
- Seating is 'box theatre' with a stage.
- Projector.
- One roaming microphone would be available (additional ones cost about $250 each).
- $220/hour, or $1,760 for a day.
- Note: This is accessed through Entry 3 on La Trobe Street.

Proposed Time

Saturday, November 10
1pm-4pm

If there is a general consensus that the morning is better then I will arrange for 10am-1pm.

Proposed Costs

Based on a three-hour booking at the theatrette (e.g., 1pm-5pm) with an additional microphone it will cost about $930 with seating of about 200 seats.

This works out to be ~$5/person for 200 attendees, or $10/person for 100 attendees. I am happy to pay the upfront costs if there is sufficient attendance and people are willing to chip in for venue hire. BTW this is cheaper than a movie ticket if everyone chips in!

If there is sufficient interest I will book the venue this week.

Please note these costs act as a guide - if we hire the theatrette for a longer duration it will be more expensive. It also does not include any catering.

Agenda

Based on feedback I will formulate a structure/agenda for the forum so that we all have a clear understanding of what we wish to achieve in the forum.

- Please post general ideas for initiatives in the Anti Relocation Coalition - Check List/Ideas thread.
- Please post specific ideas for a members forum in this thread.

Expectations

It is my expectation that the forum will be conducted in an orderly and professional manner, so it will not be suitable for children or those want to beat their chests and vent their frustrations. It is desirable but not required that those attending have experience in professional spaces and/or running businesses.

Some initial expectations I have of a forum are:

- Understanding our people - our resources.
- Clearly understand our goals and objectives.
- Formalise ideas.
- Provide a springboard for future activities.
- Networking.

Given that there may be more than 200 people interested in attending the session I would need a clear indication if you intend on attending. I would also expect that you arrive 10 minutes before the advertised start time.

Final Words

North Melbourne has relied on innovation to survive and thrive - we must bring innovation back to the front page now more than ever.

If you believe you can contribute in the forum please post your expression of attendance in this thread. We have the ability to shape our destiny.

I know of alot of people who have 50-100 mill covered pretty easily, would you want me to write down the major points and let them go over it?

They are very smart and know the business world inside out, not to mention they have alot of contacts in the AFL world.
Sure - send me a pm if you prefer to discuss details offline.

I've stuck this, but we'll soon have a full page of stickied threads of anti-GC ideas and discussion. Is it possible someone can take this on and manage the ideas being generated in countless threads?
I would suggest ideas for actions should be posted in the Anti Relocation Coalition - Check List/Ideas thread.

I would like to hear people's feedback if they are interested in attending a forum on the 10th of November in this thread.

Sounds good Utility. Obviously there are a few different groups doing different yet most probably complementary work at the moment. Discussion forum would be a good chance to formalise some lines of communication and set up some sort of system to keep everyone up to date with each other and pulling in the same direction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance of switching it to an evening during the week such as a Tuesday or Thursday. l for one struggle to attend these sort of things on weekends due to family committments.

Wrath

I can't do the 10th.

An evening during the week (like Tuesday) would suit me better as well, but I coukd probably do the 17th if it had to be a Saturday.

Maybe wait and see what Davo and his crew come up with on Monday. before confirmng.

Remove this Banner Ad

PROPOSED Members Discussion Forum, Sat 10 Nov - FEEDBACK WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Back