Prospects for 2010 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wondering what players should I be looking out for next season?
Two Wa boys that should go top 3 in next years draft are David Swallow younger brother of Andrew and Jack Darling both a tremendous prospects and unfortunatly will be heading to the Gold Coast:(

Also Just Wondering will KarMichael Hunt Play in the Vfl next year?

Two Wa boys that should go top 3 in next years draft are David Swallow younger brother of Andrew and Jack Darling both a tremendous prospects and unfortunatly will be heading to the Gold Coast:(

Also Just Wondering will KarMichael Hunt Play in the Vfl next year?
Swallow is already at Gold Coast though Darling is not yet but I reckon he could be a Good Chance with the GC having Picks 1,2,3

[YOUTUBE]v_CG9KujaGY[/YOUTUBE]

Ben Jacobs, was being looked at by GC and almost offered a contract. Booming kick off both feet and wonderful leadership qualities which were recognized when he captained the u16 VIC Metro side. Will go high and I hope will go to the bombers.

idk anything about this draft but I'm pretty confident Darling will go number 1.

Does it really matter. Swallow is the effective number one pick at this stage.

Harley Bennell and Alex Fasolo will get drafted.

Is Harley Bennell John's little Brother?

I will give you a couple:

Sam Day: CHB/CHF
Kieran Harper: Mid
Jamie Cripps: HBF
Aaran Black, Kieran Butcher: Mids

Trade Draft reckons GC already have Swallow. I hope they don't anyway. I agree, if Swallow is in the draft it might be a different story.

Trade Draft reckons GC already have Swallow. I hope they don't anyway. I agree, if Swallow is in the draft it might be a different story.

Yeah, waht i think EH means is that because GC have the number one pick, he's effectively the number one pick because he will be going to them.

GC do already have Swallow, but only for training/VFL purposes. He can't sign an official contract for 2011 because he's too young. Will still have to be drafted the fair way.

A few meantions already.

Jack Darling (West Perth or Perth) and Harley Bennell (Peel thunder) will be top 8 picks next year. Both could very well head to the Gold Coast. I can not believe the talent the club is going to have

Yeah, waht i think EH means is that because GC have the number one pick, he's effectively the number one pick because he will be going to them.
ah yeah I see. But still, that's only because Darling isn't old enough. He probably would have been GC's first choice if available. Thankyou Lewigie of Bunbury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this stage I would think that both Libertore and Wallis are good prospects and will probably use your first two selections up in the draft, they look very good, although I rate Wallis higher due to his athleticism and he has a bit more X-factor.

Jamie Solly I rate highly a KPP with good endurance and solid mobility, it will be interesting to see how he develops. Lycett disappointed me this year but looks a good ruck prospect just needs to do more round the ground. Finally Milera looks to be a good crumber a real excitement machine, height of 169cm?? I think may stop him being drafted high.

Luke Parker a mid/HFF is a very liekyl prospect who has shown glimpses of brilliance all year and is able to take a game apart.

2010 looks to be a very strong draft with a fair bit of top end talent.

i really liked the look of young Heppill from Gip Power. young defender very elusive and clever.
would also like to see luke mitchell do well for Calder, key forward who probably needs to improve his kicking.
Conway a midfielder from the Jets who had a poor year in 09 and has supposedly woken up to himself and is tearing up the track early.

ah yeah I see. But still, that's only because Darling isn't old enough. He probably would have been GC's first choice if available. Thankyou Lewigie of Bunbury.

He is not an AFL listed player or on an AFL contract like Toy, Matera, McKenzie ect... he signed a seperate contract to play VFL and train with the GC, it means that the GC have to use one the first three picks on him in the 2010 draft. He is in essence the already selected by the GC before anyone else, im sure the GC could have done the same with Darling if they were sure he was going to remain a top three selection by next year.

Darling is older than Swallow.

at types of players are they?

What types?

Smedts plays across half back for the Falcons for the most part but seems to have the skills to play in multiple positions.

Lamb plays across half forward for the Power, plays a similar type of game to that of Steve Johnson though he is small in height.

Hallahan is a fairly solidly built midfield/utility player that plays for the Rays.

Luke Parker plays up forward or through the midfield also for the Rays, a powerful/tough player that can have a great influence on games.

Gaff is a running left footed midfielder/wingman that got a fair bit of footy in the carnival and for the Cannons in his few games.

Where would Tom Liberatore and Mitch Wallis rate in the draft so far??
Good to see us finally blessed with some f/s picks.

You guys got Ayce Cordy like two years ago?

:confused:

Where would Tom Liberatore and Mitch Wallis rate in the draft so far??
Good to see us finally blessed with some f/s picks.

Mitch Wallis is a ripper. Moves very much like his old man, and uses the ball really well. Doggies will get two highly rated kids through their F/S selections.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prospects for 2010 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back