Prospectus 08, Predicted Top 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Rhys Palmer, Jordan Lewis and Shaun Grigg all were passed on in their draft year and went high, so its possible.

Not disputing that it is possible, but more often what happens is players expected to go in their first year who are passed on, are then 'expected' to be high picks in year 2. On draft day, they tumble down the order...

Andrew Swallow is a classic example in recent times.

suban is a gun unless he is pick one he will be a bargin

He is good, but he is no Daniel Rich at the same time. I'd rather have Rich ahead of Suban thats for sure. What is important is the 08' Draft is so much stronger than this years draft. Very few delisted players will get redrafted in the main round in 2008!

Interesting to see Gaertner listed. Very rarely do players overlooked in their first year go so high in the second...
I found Inside Footy's draft liftout from 06 two weeks ago and noticed the names Lobbe and Tarrant were listed in the "smokey" section.

Both went first round in the last draft.

The Prospectus. It's a book released by Champion Data each year. Cheapest price I've seen is K-Mart at $19.95. Get it, or else you don't like footy.

No more Hartletts for Carlton.

My heart couldn't take Carlton drafting another player with hamstrings made of tissue paper.

Rich sounds a bit like Bryce Gibbs.

This one is a midfielder isn't he? Mate you haven't felt the pain that i have to deal with. Fuken Blake Grima for the last 5 years has barely played 12 games. Has done his hami, 50 times, had shoulder reco twice,kneee problems, ahh it's driving me crazy. at least this guy has time.

If Keiran King gets drafted this year, that will mean that Mitch Clark, Andrew Swallow, Chris Masten and Keiran King will all come from the same junior footy club (Rossmoyne Junior Football Club) and all drafted within 4 years. Also, David Swallow who is a year younger than King looks the goods aswell. What an honour to play for the club:):):).

He is good, but he is no Daniel Rich at the same time. I'd rather have Rich ahead of Suban thats for sure. What is important is the 08' Draft is so much stronger than this years draft. Very few delisted players will get redrafted in the main round in 2008!

i am probly biased because i know suban and how hard he works

Wat do we know about the bottom agers.. anything changed since any of the last posts?

Kieran King
Michael Walters
Sam Blease
Tom Hill
Jack Ziebell
Steele Sidebottom

thoughts on these players are they likely to go?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i am probly biased because i know suban and how hard he works

Great, still doesn't mean he'll go in the top 5, and the top 3 are almost set. Barring a absolute miracle, Rich, Hurley and Natuai willl be the top 3.

Naitanui, Rich, Hurley will be top 3.

I hope the roos pick up Shaun Mckernan. After what his brother showed us, i definately want a another one.

Let's hope the bro-bro rule comes into place before the draft.:)

The brother thing doesnt always work mate, Shane Harvey the perfect example.

While I haven't seen him for a long time I used to live in the same city as this guy and remember him being able to roost the ball 50+ metres as a 12 year old.

Lewis Johnstone Key Forward 192cm
North Adelaide 3/03/1991 87kg

Johnstone is a power forward who averaged 13 disposals and three marks at the 2007 NAB AFL Under-16 Championships. While his numbers at that carnival were only modest, he spent the 2007 season in the SANFL U-17's where he produced some impressive performances. He kicked 31 goals in 20 games and was named in the best players on seven occasions, proving to be not only strong overhead but also at ground level.

I'm probably mistaken but I distinctly remember him being in the local paper for winning a distance kicking competition with some 50+ metre kicks.
Anyway good to see him doing well in Adelaide now.

While I haven't seen him for a long time I used to live in the same city as this guy and remember him being able to roost the ball 50+ metres as a 12 year old.[/q

i went to the same school as him and have played with him. now that he is 17 he can kick 60 meteres on both feet truely amazing to see. hopefully he doesnt suffer from always domianting junior footy and struggles with senior footy otherwise it will truely be a waste of talent. wont take long to develop either is already a big solid lad

Apologies for asking a dumb question, but can anyone tell me what the criteria is for appearing in this Champion Data prospectus?

Remove this Banner Ad

Prospectus 08, Predicted Top 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back