Protecting George Pell

Remove this Banner Ad

tick f**k!ng tock pedos.

Well, well then they’re ****ed
Maybe but, as always, it will come down to money and whether the risk managers for the church/insurers are prepared to punt on the decision being dependant on the facts in this particular case. Hard to know without reading the whole decision.

Maybe but, as always, it will come down to money and whether the risk managers for the church/insurers are prepared to punt on the decision being dependant on the facts in this particular case. Hard to know without reading the whole decision.
With respect I think you’re way off here and grossly underestimate the gravity of the decision and what it means for survivors and the Church

"Don't touch me, I'm not an altar boy."

Geewizz, the memories. I mostly enjoyed the bell ringing. Father Telefson was usually too pissed to touch anything that wasn't a glass. Liked a flutter on the horses too. But apart from those vices, a contemptible person.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think anyone disagrees that they have lot of money. Though a lot think they should be giving a lot more to victims, and then taxed on whatever is left
I suppose my point is this - they’ll fight tooth and nail to avoid doing either and have the resources and political influence to ensure it

I suppose my point is this - they’ll fight tooth and nail to avoid doing either and have the resources and political influence to ensure it

They won't have the political influence forever.
That will die with the generation which is going to pass away in the next 20-30 years

They won't have the political influence forever.
That will die with the generation which is going to pass away in the next 20-30 years
They are massively over represented in political circles though.

The masses might be abandoning them but they are very organised and punch way above their weight. Every single PM since Rudd is a devout Christian. I’m not sure about Gillard.

Every single PM since Rudd is a devout Christian. I’m not sure about Gillard.

Errrr no.

Abbott and Morrison Yes. Gillard was an admitted aethist. Turnbull converted to Catholicism to marry I think but seems to be one of those who has had nothing to do with the church or religion since. Albanese said he's a "non practicing Christian", hardly devout.

Errrr no.

Abbott and Morrison Yes. Gillard was an admitted aethist. Turnbull converted to Catholicism to marry I think but seems to be one of those who has had nothing to do with the church or religion since. Albanese said he's a "non practicing Christian", hardly devout.
I have heard Turnbull talk about religion and he is certainly not non practicing.

Is there evidence he attends services regularly? I don't count "cultural Christians" as devout.

Remove this Banner Ad

Protecting George Pell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back