Public Transport stories

Remove this Banner Ad

Rarely swear in real life/public in general - except when I injure myself in some way. Thus a lot of my swearing episodes occur on public transport.

Most recenter occurrence - bus driver breaks, so in a split second motion my knees smack into the seat in front of me (OUCH) then I jolt back and smack my back on my own seat.

I was not a happy camper!

Rarely swear in real life/public in general - except when I injure myself in some way. Thus a lot of my swearing episodes occur on public transport.

Most recenter occurrence - bus driver breaks, so in a split second motion my knees smack into the seat in front of me (OUCH) then I jolt back and smack my back on my own seat.

I was not a happy camper!

So many injuries on tram/buses happen because other vehicles cut them off - they just think 'gotta get past this tram/bus' without thinking that their reckless actions can easily mean injuries for passengers

I reckon there is definitely a percentage of tram on car accidents that the tram driver could avoid but it would mean carnage in their saloon, so they choose to hit the car instead

So many injuries on tram/buses happen because other vehicles cut them off - they just think 'gotta get past this tram/bus' without thinking that their reckless actions can easily mean injuries for passengers

I reckon there is definitely a percentage of tram on car accidents that the tram driver could avoid but it would mean carnage in their saloon, so they choose to hit the car instead
Track brakes are very vicious things

On my way home tonight being the only passenger (at the start of my journey) once again I used the opportunity to see the bus drivers sense of humour.

So as I've tapped on I've gone "looks like I'm the only person tonight. So you're my personal limo driver"

He replies with

"I run more of a party bus service mate"

I reply

"Why not both"

Every time the bus stopped he'd announce.

"More attendees for the party bus"

Laughs were had!

On my way home tonight being the only passenger (at the start of my journey) once again I used the opportunity to see the bus drivers sense of humour.

So as I've tapped on I've gone "looks like I'm the only person tonight. So you're my personal limo driver"

He replies with

"I run more of a party bus service mate"

I reply

"Why not both"

Every time the bus stopped he'd announce.

"More attendees for the party bus"

Laughs were had!
You probably made his day 😊

Don’t know it was down the carriage a bit, I could still smell it though, v inconsiderate
I know! I HATE the smell of bacon and eggs in the morning. Maybe a bit of fresh buttered toast and some nice chutney or caramelised onion in there. Disgusting!

with the 50c fares and school holidays in QLD kids are packing the trains heading in to the city

I imagine some parents would be loving it to get some quiet time or quality partner time (wink wink).... here's 20 bucks go into the city and don't come back until after (insert time here)

I caught the ferry the other day and stayed on for an hour on the way back as it went up and back a couple of times as it was such a nice day on the water all for $1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

with the 50c fares and school holidays in QLD kids are packing the trains heading in to the city

I imagine some parents would be loving it to get some quiet time or quality partner time (wink wink).... here's 20 bucks go into the city and don't come back until after (insert time here)

I caught the ferry the other day and stayed on for an hour on the way back as it went up and back a couple of times as it was such a nice day on the water all for $1
Some PT is super cheap .
Some city's no real need to hire a car if on holidays.

Got into a war of words with an old lady on the bus today. Not proud of it but I wasn't going to allow her to talk to me in the manner she spoke (knew something was up when she started talking racial stereotypes and abusing other people before it was my turn). She basically said that I shouldn't sit where I am sitting (toward the back). I let her know that she would be more wise to enjoy the little time she has left in her life AS SHE'S DUE TO DIE OF OLD AGE AT ANY MOMENT rather than be concerned with seating arrangements on a bus.

F M D!

Got into a war of words with an old lady on the bus today. Not proud of it but I wasn't going to allow her to talk to me in the manner she spoke (knew something was up when she started talking racial stereotypes and abusing other people before it was my turn). She basically said that I shouldn't sit where I am sitting (toward the back). I let her know that she would be more wise to enjoy the little time she has left in her life AS SHE'S DUE TO DIE OF OLD AGE AT ANY MOMENT rather than be concerned with seating arrangements on a bus.

F M D!

Were you wearing full hawthorn kit ?

Some old people are silly old coots.

Nope
Even though the weather was nice (excellent weather to show off the guns while wearing the guernsey), I had to work and wear normal clothes.

Normal clothes that would kill you.. 😂.

Most old people sit or stand in the doorway because they want to be first ones off.
Even tho they move like snails.

One time Vline only run buses this old coot said to the Vline staff I'm no getting on the bus.
I want to be on this one ,so I'm first on...

Normal clothes that would kill you.. 😂.

Most old people sit or stand in the doorway because they want to be first ones off.
Even tho they move like snails.

One time Vline only run buses this old coot said to the Vline staff I'm no getting on the bus.
I want to be on this one ,so I'm first on...

I've actually been super lucky in the jobs I've had in the past there hasn't been a set uniform - just business pants, nice shirt etc.

My actual NON Hawthorn dress sense is a Nike/Adidas/UA polo shirt (plain, although sometimes I'll live dangerously and wear the fancy golf shirts with patterns :p).

I've actually been super lucky in the jobs I've had in the past there hasn't been a set uniform - just business pants, nice shirt etc.

My actual NON Hawthorn dress sense is a Nike/Adidas/UA polo shirt (plain, although sometimes I'll live dangerously and wear the fancy golf shirts with patterns :p).

So all sport stuff in your cupboard.

I can't speak.
From what I'm wearing ..😂

So all sport stuff in your cupboard.

I can't speak.
From what I'm wearing ..😂

Hey now adidas/nike/UA make good plain polo shirts that can pass as casual wear (while looking cool as hell).
I won't say what I used to wear in my youth/youth (may or may not have been Just Jeans clothing!).

Looking forward to tomorrow morning. Same carriage, same time every morning this bird is already on the train talking on the phone at the top of her voice.

Speaks the entire 40 mins. Every Monday without fail
You need some noise cancelling headphones.

Looking forward to tomorrow morning. Same carriage, same time every morning this bird is already on the train talking on the phone at the top of her voice.

Speaks the entire 40 mins. Every Monday without fail

If it were one of those movie fantasy scenes you would scold her for her behaviour with the approval of your fellow passengers before exacting terrible revenge.

Or you could just get a different carriage to work on Mondays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Public Transport stories

Remove this Banner Ad

Back