Opinion Pulling one out against us - AKA The Rhys Stanley Appreciation Lounge

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the lounge, Jayden Short šŸ‘

This should be the David Swallow thread.

plays in defense with a bit of mid time
Yep, so a back pocket player averaging 8 touches a game for the last 5 games just kicked 3 goals straight, all from outside 50 and racked up 20 touches.

That sort of performance lives in this thread.

Is he a goal scorer? No.

But he's won a best and fairest in a premiership year.
Doesn't touch it much either looking at his numbers. Form is form. In 2023, he's a spud.

Rhys Stanley is a premiership ruckman.

Yep, so a back pocket player averaging 8 touches a game for the last 5 games just kicked 3 goals straight, all from outside 50 and racked up 20 touches.

He's averaged 23.2 disposals a game this year and playing in the midfield more than half back.

I think you need to check those numbers - they are wildly inaccurate.

He's averaged 23.2 disposals a game this year and playing in the midfield more than half back.

I think you need to check those numbers - they are wildly inaccurate.
Are you saying BigFooty's own player cards are factually incorrect? Oh my days.

I stand corrected.

Regardless. Nobody saw Jayden Short tearing us apart on our home deck, scoring 3 goals from well outside fifty from 3 shots and putting us to the sword.

That was proper mouth agape, who the hell does this bloke think he is type stuff. Will never see that again from him.

Would it make you feel more comfortable if I simplified the thread premise and just called it 'pulling one out against us' ? I didn't realise spud was such a hotly debated term. šŸ˜‚

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where are you getting your stats?

I follow Short closely, he is in my fantasy side, he racks up touches?

He is a great kick of the footy too

Are you mixing him up with Mansell?

Where are you getting your stats?

I follow Short closely, he is in my fantasy side, he racks up touches?

He is a great kick of the footy too

Are you mixing him up with Mansell?
Honestly don't follow him that closely, was disgusted with his ludicrous effort last night and then his Bigfooty player card told me he was shit so I took that as more than enough to run with it.

Happy to be wrong, I'm pretty good at it.

But he had no business doing what he did to us last night. He probably didn't even call us a taxi this morning.

Honestly don't follow him that closely, was disgusted with his ludicrous effort last night and then his Bigfooty player card told me he was s**t so I took that as more than enough to run with it.

Happy to be wrong, I'm pretty good at it.

But he had no business doing what he did to us last night. He probably didn't even call us a taxi this morning.
Blame our players for leaving Short unattended on the 50 metre line, in his 30 odd goals in his career more than half of them are probably bombs from 50

Can't let players with lethal kicks have free reign from 55 out

I think we have established that Jayden Short is not a potato.

But did anyone see him kicking three from three all outside fifty? No. And that includes whoever was meant to be minding him.

He stays in the Lounge. Hopefully just as a visitor.

But did anyone see him kicking three from three all outside fifty? No. And that includes whoever was meant to be minding him.

So much this. Damn right he does.

I think we have established that Jayden Short is not a potato.

Liam Henry for his second , Liam was playing HF and at the centre bounce after the goal I noticed Henry was on him . Not sure about the first one .

I think Schultz was on Short for one. I think I also remember Sturt looking pretty guilty after one goal. Not sure if it was Short though.
It wasn't Short, but Henry was 100% responsible for the one we coughed up to Ross too.

Fair bit of loose checking all night.

It wasn't Short, but Henry was 100% responsible for the one we coughed up to Ross too.

I wouldn't say 100%

Brayshaws man ran off him and Henry moved up to take him, Noone came from behind to take Ross

It was a breakdown in defensive structure

What freo_leo29 said, being at the game, you could see Henry got the rough end where he had to guard two players at once. He made the right choice in choosing which one to make sure couldnt get the ball (better angle for the kick) but Ross kicked it anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Pulling one out against us - AKA The Rhys Stanley Appreciation Lounge

Remove this Banner Ad

Back