Punishments are in!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I just hope its not a token thing to shut the press up for the year, and next year we are back to square one.
Token thing???!!? Just threw away the whole season to save the face of some pompous leaders of the club.

Too bad for Didak he has just signed a new contract or he could POQ from this sissy club.

He will be shopped around for trade bait, but opposition teams know his value won't be high so they won't offer anything worthy enough, so its either accept a crappy deal or back to square one: he stays.

All of those who think he will be traded for a Kerr or Brown are dreaming.

really surprised Didak was'nt sacked !!!!!!

watch this , Eddy will cop the biggest bagging all week now for not sacking Didak, accusations towards Eddy will be the usual & predictable = double standards, hypocrisy, biased club connection stories .

although i think Didak probably deserved a sacking, but did'nt , the outsiders will be sure angry about it ....
and quite frankly , i really love it when people get angry with us. :D

suck it up

At the end of the day, the media doesn't matter. Caro can have an opinion but at the end of the day that's all it is. I'm happy we don't bend over to the media's every whim. They have a Lemming mentality and all write the same articles on this crap. I respect most journos except when it comes to these matters. Great on footy matters, shithouse at sociology. Their opinions matter no more than you or I on these matters.

Club has chosen keeping sponsors happy over success. Not sure what I think of it to be honest.

yep season over :mad:

clearly they thought we were gone anyway coz you wouldn't do this if you thought you had a chance of going past week 1 of the finals.

Worlds gone mad. Clearly i am living in the wrong era :(:(

He will be shopped around for trade bait, but opposition teams know his value won't be high so they won't offer anything worthy enough, so its either accept a crappy deal or back to square one: he stays.

All of those who think he will be traded for a Kerr or Brown are dreaming.

Exactly.

It's hard to read between the lines with this with what Pert has said.

Some may say the indication is he will be traded, some may say it wasn't.

I don't think they will part with him, as long as they show some commitment in the next months or so.

Word of advice to Alan and Heath.

Give the grog the axe.:thumbsu:

if our season wasn't ****ed before it is now. :mad:

Who gives a f*** about the season? I'm more interested in the brand. So what if we miss the finals. At least management have taken a stand and set a precedent. I think the result is more than appropriate. Maybe a little lenient even. Look at the sanctions at other clubs. Lovett or Lovett-Murray missed one training session and missed 2 games.

We do have a culture. No point denying it anymore. Its right in front of everybodies eyes. Hopefully this leads as an example and any media attention the CFC gets forthwith is positive.

Might do us some good to blood some young players. We can't do any worse.

I think King Eddie needs to be admired and acknowledged for the professionalism he has shown after being embarrassed like he and the club has been.

Does anyone find it interesting that, no mention of sanctions in Didaks contract after this??

He's gawn

I hardly think the club are looking to give the media scum any further ammo.
I am sure this would be discussed with Didak in the near future.

All together a mighty shit day for Collingwood...no winners apart from the dog ****ing media arsewipes.

they wont be able to get a decent deal for him. He is our problem now and and if we sack him i'll ****ing spew. Footballers are never going to be angels. Just got to control them the best we can but we CAN NOT afford to lose didak unless a comparable trade is on offer, which now wont be.

agree fully with ff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep season over :mad:

clearly they thought we were gone anyway coz you wouldn't do this if you thought you had a chance of going past week 1 of the finals.

Worlds gone mad. Clearly i am living in the wrong era :(:(
Glad to see there are a few of us who are still sane and know what freedom means - looks like just you, me and suspense in this particular thread - almost everyone else is a mindless brainwashed corporate/media suck.

The legal side wont be spoken about, simply because that's Collingwood and players business, and the media can go and get stuffed in this area.

Oh well, the sponsors are happy, more exposure for their buck.

At least Dawes gets to play, and let's face it, even before this our season was on a silppery slope, this might give us the kick in the arse we need.

Every Collingwood supporter should be there on Sat night, not at least to see a Collingwood champ in Clement go round, but to also support the side.

SIDE BY SIDE WE STICK TOGETHER

really surprised Didak was'nt sacked !!!!!!

watch this , Eddy will cop the biggest bagging all week now for not sacking Didak, accusations towards Eddy will be the usual & predictable = double standards, hypocrisy, biased club connection stories .

although i think Didak probably deserved a sacking, but did'nt , the outsiders will be sure angry about it ....
and quite frankly , i really love it when people get angry with us. :D

suck it up

If we are held ransom to the views of renowned Collingwood haters like Mike Sheahan, Caroline Wilson , Robert Walls(this guy as a senior coach actually presided over the assault and battery of one of his own players at training) ect we are truly in trouble. They will be all over themselves to get Didak to their club should he be traded.

The administration has made the best decision by suspending and fining both players and should now tell all these self righteous hypocrits in the press, who are simply loving the schadenfreude of all this, to get their collective heads out of their own arses.

By the press coverage of this story you would think football is the most important occupation in the country. It is not, it is close to the most unimportant occupation in the country. Doctors are not put up with this sort of scrutiny in their private lives, so this application of high morals to what is only a sport and will never be anything more than a sport is ridiculous.

Heath Shaw made a poor error of judgment in driving when drunk and will pay the legal consequences. Thank God , no one was hurt and let the full weight of the law deal with him.

The club has fined and suspended him for lying to them.That's where this story should end. If you are one of those footy fans that want both players to be sacked then please be consistent and begin calling for the termination of all people who are caught in similar circumstances to Didak and Shaw. Particularly as the average man on the street will probably be involved in far more important occupation than football.

Punishments are justified IMO.

I thought Perty handled the situation perfectly. Answered questions intelligently, was firm and decisive and satisfied with the overall outcome.

Although they gave no definitive answer as to whether either of these players will be at the club next season, it is safe to assume they will be.

Didak will NOT be traded unless there is a deal on the table we simply cannot refuse.

Best possible outcome today. Very pleased nobody got sacked.

i agree completely but in today's ****ing soft world that isn't enough. :mad: Got to be seen to be doing the right thing and media pressure bla bla bla I'm livid :mad:
Essentially sacrificed our season over a nothing incident. You'd think they had just beheaded a dude on a bus given the level moral outrage expressed in the past 24 hrs.

One day we'll look back at decisions like today and think how inconceivably stupid we were to make these guys the ambassadors of society simply because they can kick a footy pretty good...

Stupid shit. Silly shit.

People whinging about this season been thrown out the door are being very short sited and simple IMO. The fact is the chips where up against us this season in a very big way. Firstly we were all but out of the race for the top 4 and no team has won the big one without being in the top four with the current finals structure. Add to that how much our foward line, midfield and defence have been failing for much of the year.

Rocca and Ried where due back for finals but without any match fitness or chance of impacting in the finals.

Our midfield was not improving or nearing it.

On top of that failing to address problems like this can be detrimental to team moral. I know I quoted WCE as an example that off field "culture" is not always something that affects teams on field preformance but it can and I'd site St Kilda in the Plugger, Hall and Evirett days as an example of that. Fact is poor off field culture does not help on field preformance where as a good off field culture is always helpful.

With our season very much in trouble regardless this is actually a good oppertunity to play some kids and address some issues and prevent anything worse becoming of it. The other thing is think of the possible dangers they put themself into and it would have put the club in tatters far beyond this season if this incident had ended worse (as in someone had been crippled or killed.)

Punishments are justified IMO.

Best possible outcome today. Very pleased nobody got sacked.

I can not even comprehend that someone would be sacked over this :confused:

The club ****ed themselves by carrying on the way they did yesterday. Then when the porky pie was found out, they had to save face.

Bottom line is, they were going to let a player who was out pissed and drove play this sat. Now he is banned for the year for trying to protect his mate and his mate his gone for letting him do it.

If they want to be consistent from yesterday they should be making them play reserves and seniors going by yesterdays rhetoric. :mad:

I'm pissed off with Johnson too who apparently was there as was Rusling I've heard... Johnson is a senior player who just got dropped to the VFL the week before, instead of busting his arse to get back into the seniors he is out getting hammered as well. It's a joke and I hope we stir the pot in a major way during this off-season.

Rus wasn't there. There was just the 4 of them. the 2 Shaws, Dids and Johnno.If you speak to anyone who was there, they will tell you that they were not partying hard or getting hammered. They had a few quiet beers in the corner.The fact that Heath blew a reading of 0.14 is really staggering. Anyone who spoke to him on the night will tell you he was not blind by any stretch of the imagination.Even the woman whose car he ploughed into stated that he didn't seem drunk.

One day we'll look back at decisions like today and think how inconceivably stupid we were to make these guys the ambassadors of society simply because they can kick a footy pretty good...

That's it. Everyone knows that many AFL footballers are ****ing thick as shit, screw everything they can, cheat on their wives and GF's flat out, take drugs and drink piss and act like total ****wits. If people don't know that then maybe it is time they do and people can stop acting so outraged when they act exactly as i would expect tossers to act.

I've known heaps of AFL players (am good mates with a couple of recent crows players here in Adelaide) and to think that they could be admired for anything other than their football ability is a blight on society itself.

I expect footy players to act this way sometimes, it comes with the territory of being exceptional at something that requires very little brain capacity and a lot of natural ability that everybody gushes over.

I love them for their ability to kick a ball for the team i support, nothing more, nothing less

Remove this Banner Ad

Punishments are in!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back