VFL VFL Round 2 v Brisbane, Friday March 29 12:05pm @ Brighton Homes Arena.

Remove this Banner Ad

HH has all the traits to become a regular for us. Still only 20.

Richard’s has come from nowhere. I will happily put my hand up and had him delisted. If he continues his form, I’m happily proven wrong.

Against a strong opposition in Brisbane that was a perfect display of small forward crumbing and goals

Richard’s has come from nowhere. I will happily put my hand up and had him delisted. If he continues his form, I’m happily proven wrong.

Against a strong opposition in Brisbane that was a perfect display of small forward crumbing and goals
Yeah i had him on the delisted list at the coming into this pre-season, but credit to him, he's been really good this past summer and its showing in games.

Allan was good in the first half. Did fade, but I’d argue fitness has a lot to do with that. Once he builds a bigger tank he can stay involved for longer. He linked up for some nice scoring chains
how long does it take for an AFL player to build a tank?. You would have to think a fit young draftee would have a bit of fitness to start with. A few years in an AFL club and there should be no excuses.

I’m starting to think our replacement for Ginni has been hiding in plain sight.😍

Edward has a huge fitness tank. Comparable to WHE. Fly mentioned this.

I was in the same boat.

Felt he done Stuff All last year but 6 Goals gets your Attention

He’s got all the tricks, footy IQ poise and great on both sides.
But he needs add another position because small fwd is pretty much covered.
Apparently so in the past 2 weeks. Like I said, last year I thought he was Mr Invisible .. in games & at training. Never noticed him once.

If his form continues, that's great & Reid will be a genius.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JDaicos is 178cm and plays on the wing.
That's about as small as we feasibly could go, and probably only for exceptional players, but at the moment Richards is in the spotlight for his goal kicking not his ability to pick up disposals around the ground. He is not going to make the team as anything other than a small forward.

Last edited:
Gulden is 175cm and doesn’t play fwd.
Similarly a number of other AFL players. Eg Caleb Daniels

The point I was making is that Richards won’t break into the team without adding some positional flexibility. Injuries aside of course.
The players you mention are exceptions to the rule, but also indicate what a tiny person with genuine skills and pace can achieve. In Richard's case, I don't see him as being suited to anything other than a forward role, if only for the simple reason that goal kicking is obviously the greatest strength of his game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back