Punishments are in!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

At the end of the day, the media doesn't matter. Caro can have an opinion but at the end of the day that's all it is. I'm happy we don't bend over to the media's every whim. They have a Lemming mentality and all write the same articles on this crap. I respect most journos except when it comes to these matters. Great on footy matters, shithouse at sociology. Their opinions matter no more than you or I on these matters.

very well said. the annoying fact is that the majority of the population take what these w***ers write/say as gospel.

they ****ed up and have paid the price, lets take a deep breath its just football

Rus wasn't there. There was just the 4 of them. the 2 Shaws, Dids and Johnno.If you speak to anyone who was there, they will tell you that they were not partying hard or getting hammered. They had a few quiet beers in the corner.The fact that Heath blew a reading of 0.14 is really staggering. Anyone who spoke to him on the night will tell you he was not blind by any stretch of the imagination.Even the woman whose car he ploughed into stated that he didn't seem drunk.

how far from the pub was the accident?

Did he get a blood test? Had he eaten?

I have a breatho machine and i left it home one night. Decided to drive home, felt fine and thought i was easily right to drive.

Got home and thought i'd see how under i was......0.14, it happens :(

I'm self employed, maybe i should suspend myself from doing any work for the rest of the year for drinking and driving and lying to myself:rolleyes:

how far from the pub was the accident?

Did he get a blood test? Had he eaten?

I have a breatho machine and i left it home one night. Decided to drive home, felt fine and thought i was easily right to drive.

The accident was about 500m up the hill. The stupid thing is that Heath lives about 5-10 minutes away.

I'm pissed off with Johnson too who apparently was there as was Rusling I've heard... Johnson is a senior player who just got dropped to the VFL the week before, instead of busting his arse to get back into the seniors he is out getting hammered as well. It's a joke and I hope we stir the pot in a major way during this off-season.
When did you hear that?

Well I could understand Rusling being there because he won't play footy any time soon but the Other 4

I would have thought drop them to the 2's for the H&A and make them available if we make the finals.

Buckley mentioned the words "indefinate suspension" which leaves plenty of wiggle room. FFs what if we hit form and go deep into September. Now we've Carmenized ourselves.

Could have been handled better by the Club.

Let the tank begin. Finish 12th and receive Pick 5. Awesome result.

God I hate losing mentality. Just because they are out, it does not mean we will lose the remainder of our matches. Anything can still happen. :eek:
You never know, Dawes might come into the side and play like he has been playing in the seconds? John McCarthy might get a game and be a revelation. Chris Egan might get another chance and take it? Someone else might stand up? We can only wait and see. :cool:
There are 4 games left. As silly as this sounds, we can still theoretically snatch 4th position. We are only 6 points away from 4th.
Swans have to play Geelong and us. If we beat them and win rest of the games we will go above them. We also have to stay undefeated.
Also the teams above us play each other.
All is not lost as it seems.
What has evolved might be good in the long run.
I am going on Saturday with the belief that we are going to win.
If I thought that we will lose, I would not bother going to a game.

I've known heaps of AFL players (am good mates with a couple of recent crows players here in Adelaide) and to think that they could be admired for anything other than their football ability is a blight on society itself.
Not wrong.

"Hey! You play football so, you gotta set a good example for the kids!"

God forbid we let their parents take responsiblity for something like that...
But, nah, **** it, let's lump all that on the 24 year old bloke just because he can kick a footy.

The prevalent form of thinking* in today's society, sadly.

*I use the term thinking lightly because I don't think much constructive thought is actually involved in the process.

Guys lets face it even if we make the finals we will be out by week one.

Without Shaw and Didak we are worse than Richmond.

When did you hear that?

Well I could understand Rusling being there because he won't play footy any time soon but the Other 4

Some bloke who was there posted somewhere, I can't remember where. But he said he spoke to Rusling in the 7-11 nearby and saw Johnson there too and he was pretty hammered as well. Angus Monfries was there apparently too.

Johnson was definitely there that night. Not sure where he was when all this went down though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After reading the tripe served up so far, i think you should only be able to make comment if you've never told a lie to cover your arse.

I'm no lawyer, but i'm also willing to bet my wage, being a passanger in a car in not illegal, even if it does crash.

Alot of your are hang Dids out to dry, so I'm guessing alot of you are trolls and not the supports of the footy club that you pretend to be.

Have an ice afternoon

Club has chosen keeping sponsors happy over success. Not sure what I think of it to be honest.

SPOT ON, that is what gets me about Eddie and CO....

The number one objective for the COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB is not to make the most money, get the biggest sponsorships, blah blah

It's in the business of winning games and winning PREMIERSHIPS!

1 premiership in 50 odd years, give me a break!

Weak as. If I were a Collingwood supporter let alone a member I would be effin spewing. You guys are 3 wins away from a Finals spot and the only team who make Geelong sleep with the lights on and you drop 2 of you best players for the season.

**** what the media have to say about your club, Gary Pert should have come out and said "any suspension is nonsense and only hurts our team dynamics etc. The players will cop fines, be made do community service etc but will not miss a game for the Collingwood Football Club unless suspended by the AFL or injured" - Issue over.

I would expect a pathetic club like Sydney to come out a suspend a player but not Collingwood. Yeah they made your officials look stupid by lying but they are there to play football.

When will Football clubs stand up to the media and pathetic sport hating arty/political/socio-moral setting w***ers who somehow seem to force their beliefs and demands on them.

If you were a tax agent and were laid off for what happened to Shaw and Didak, your clients would be pissed that you were unable to provide the service that the company set out to give. They wouldn't care what you did outside of work so long as you and the company provided them with the best returns. No different to what football supporters should expect of their clubs and what the clubs should deliver to the supporters.:thumbsdown:

My SuperCoach is rooted too. BAH!!!

After reading the tripe served up so far, i think you should only be able to make comment if you've never told a lie to cover your arse.

I'm no lawyer, but i'm also willing to bet my wage, being a passanger in a car in not illegal, even if it does crash.

Alot of your are hang Dids out to dry, so I'm guessing alot of you are trolls and not the supports of the footy club that you pretend to be.

Have an ice afternoon

Agreed!

who here hasn't been drunk in the passenger seat of a car?

Bring in Dawes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We should try trading them for j.brown, or kerr.

Why do we want Brown when we have Dawes?

Are we tanking? It's a very convenient way to make sure we finish low down the ladder. How about Fraser in for surgery, Davis perhaps the same or rested, maybe Wakelin is not over the stress of carrying a young backline and could use a few more weeks off.

What an ordinary season this has turned out to be. At one moment we look to be capable of challenging for the premiership and fourth place, the next we're left contemplating life at the bottom of the AFL barrel.

September is going to be pretty dull this year.

Weak as. If I were a Collingwood supporter let alone a member I would be effin spewing. You guys are 3 wins away from a Finals spot and the only team who make Geelong sleep with the lights on and you drop 2 of you best players for the season.

**** what the media have to say about your club, Gary Pert should have come out and said "any suspension is nonsense and only hurts our team dynamics etc. The players will cop fines, be made do community service etc but will not miss a game for the Collingwood Football Club unless suspended by the AFL or injured" - Issue over.

I would expect a pathetic club like Sydney to come out a suspend a player but not Collingwood. Yeah they made your officials look stupid by lying but they are there to play football.

When will Football clubs stand up to the media and pathetic sport hating arty/political/socio-moral setting w***ers who somehow seem to force their beliefs and demands on them.

If you were a tax agent and were laid off for what happened to Shaw and Didak, your clients would be pissed that you were unable to provide the service that the company set out to give. They wouldn't care what you did outside of work so long as you and the company provided them with the best returns. No different to what football supporters should expect of their clubs and what the clubs should deliver to the supporters.:thumbsdown:

My SuperCoach is rooted too. BAH!!!

very well summed up

out: Pert
in: Bopper

You guys are missing the point here.

The leadership group determined that those two were not worthy of wearing the black and white jumper for the rest of the year.

Think about that!

Because they ball faced lyed to their team mates and club they are not trusted. The players do not want them out there with them.

If Scott Burns does not want them out there because of their deceipt, then neither do I.

It's pretty convenient to turn on the tank now.

Personally, I couldn't see us making the 8 with Dids and Heater anyway so this with them being out just about seals our fate.

Play some kids, build towards next season and get as low a draft pick as possible. A pick between 5-7 is ideal.

Not wrong.

"Hey! You play football so, you gotta set a good example for the kids!"

God forbid we let their parents take responsiblity for something like that...
But, nah, **** it, let's lump all that on the 24 year old bloke just because he can kick a footy.

The prevalent form of thinking* in today's society, sadly.

*I use the term thinking lightly because I don't think much constructive thought is actually involved in the process.

I actually agree with you but like it or not high profile sports people will always be held more accountable.

The penalties are correct, lying and betraying the playing group as whole can have a profound impact on the club itself. Combine this with excessive drinking, late nights and DUI and you have a situation that can destabilise the playing list.

Listen I don't agree with much of what you're saying but this is a very good point.

I actually agree with you but like it or not high profile sports people will always be held more accountable.
Yes, but the reasons as to why this is the case is fundamentally flawed, as I was alluding to earlier.

The penalties are correct, lying and betraying the playing group as whole can have a profound impact on the club itself.
Yes, but no one has even considered the reasons as to why the lied, which ultimately were a direct consequence and flow on effect of the increased media pressure and social responsiblity which the players are unfairly burdened with.

If there wasn't going to be such a mass hysteria about this nothing incident, then I highly doubt that the boys would have any reason to lie at all.

Combine this with excessive drinking, late nights and DUI and you have a situation that can destabilise the playing list.
As long as it doesn't affect their peformance, it is irrelevant.

Was it any wonder that West Coast's most recent successful period was also concurrent with their so-called poor off-field culture period? To my knowledge, Ben's Cousin's addiction never affected his playing performance, so it was irrelevant. And they were successful.

They get rid of him (a great player. Great players help football teams win matches of football) in an attempt to rid this so-called "poor culture" and they, as a result, take on a culture far worse, a losing culture.

They are football clubs. They exist to win football, they do not exist as bastions of morality with which to guide all of society.

Social crusaders in the media fervently wish to apply their warped line of thinking onto football clubs and burden them with this idiotic notion of social responsibility and until now, we, as a club, have held steady and maintained that we exist to win football.

No longer is this the case. Winning football is no longer our main priority. A sad day for the CFC.

I would have thought drop them to the 2's for the H&A and make them available if we make the finals.

Buckley mentioned the words "indefinate suspension" which leaves plenty of wiggle room. FFs what if we hit form and go deep into September. Now we've Carmenized ourselves.

Could have been handled better by the Club.

yep agree totally.

we've ****ed ourselves with a massive dildo :mad::mad::mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Punishments are in!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back