Punt Road End

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree Al,

Only a schmuck would do something like this.

I know I haven't been the most courteous poster on PRE
but I fail to see any reasoning behind this attack other than
a personal vendetta against Rosy.

We all know how much work Rosy puts into the site
and Rosy, as much as I am probably in the bad books atm
just know I am right behind you all the way .
Wow Ox in a light moment lmaoooooooooooooo.

I know there's bomberblitz *shudders* but do other clubs still have forums outside of bigfooty? I took a look at yellow and black and it's just tumble weeds there now. Sad!

Bullus and SCOOP provided outstanding draft reports every year so to say it became meaningless years ago is verbal diarrhoea at "your" best!

Bullus was/is ok but SCOOP makes a lot of stuff up. Several posters who were on various coteries got booted because they didn't share the same opinions as Physco23 and since then it's just been nothing much more than bland game reports and opinions type of stuff. Missing33 and others used to have great inside intel. Tigerbob and ToO will attest to this.

I remember when you got punted Bono. It was absurd. A few of us got posts deleted, warnings etc when we asked why, or tried to apply some reason.
Thanks mate I appreciate it.

I do however admit I deserved it in the end as I really baited her and called her out for trolling. She used to follow posters around boards to keep the argument going before deleting posts or giving all others only part of the story so she came out smelling as roses. She did that to me.

Piece of work she was. Todays been great. Needed a good old Rosy bashing. Just kidding.

I do however admit I deserved it in the end as I really baited her and called her out for trolling. She used to follow posters around boards to keep the argument going before deleting posts or giving all others only part of the story so she came out smelling as roses. She did that to me.

Piece of work she was. Todays been great. Needed a good old Rosy bashing. Just kidding.

I know. I remember. You kept your cool for a long time but then went out in a blaze of glory. Hah hah hah.

The deleting of posts, character assinations, lies etc. is all part of her game. Most people get banned or get sick of her and leave, even some of the nicest most pleasant people you'll meet e.g. Crystal, Tigerlilly, and co

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sixpack likes this post

Well well some usual suspects here.:D

Been on PRE many years but like most sites has good and bad points and good and bad posters. At the end of the day though we're all Tigers.
As for rosy, thought I'd get punted a few times til I learned it's best not to engage. If you do that she's ok and has run the site pretty well over time.
Met many good people through that site that I now call friends.

If this is indeed the end (not sure yet) it'd be a shame but as Benny Cuz would say.. Such is Life.

Yep, quite a few Tooheys. Good to be able to say gidday again. It was fascinating watching when you went 9999 posts and went AWOL. Watching Rosy get accused of booting you was funny.

I was trying to not to engage with Rosy that last time, but she was gunning, I didn't need to engage. She knew I knew the dilemma of Personal Messaging not being so private - perhaps - can only guess that many have to once that happens.

But I agree, if she just laid off the personal vendettas the site would have been awesome - some brilliant footy minds have been very generous with their knowledge of the decades - was still very good for everyone allowed to remain, though notably it had dried up in posting activity when you look. Kudos to her for establishing a great site.

I'm hoping there has been the change of hands she was trying for, and this is just the transition not very well managed.

Yep, quite a few Tooheys. Good to be able to say gidday again. It was fascinating watching when you went 9999 posts and went AWOL. Watching Rosy get accused of booting you was funny.

I was trying to not to engage with Rosy that last time, but she was gunning, I didn't need to engage. She knew I knew the dilemma of Personal Messaging not being so private - perhaps - can only guess that many have to once that happens.

But I agree, if she just laid off the personal vendettas the site would have been awesome - some brilliant footy minds have been very generous with their knowledge of the decades - was still very good for everyone allowed to remain, though notably it had dried up in posting activity when you look. Kudos to her for establishing a great site.

I'm hoping there has been the change of hands she was trying for, and this is just the transition not very well managed.

The thing I found most odd was that she never went to games iirc?

Do you know if phantom stopped posting or was he still in the game? Man I enjoyed his posts, you could tell he was an old Tiger stalwart but didn't get influenced by bright sider propaganda crap.

Do you know if phantom stopped posting or was he still in the game? Man I enjoyed his posts, you could tell he was an old Tiger stalwart but didn't get influenced by bright sider propaganda crap.

Rosy went to games - I was going to meet her at a game once, but it didn't happen as I didn't end up travelling down from Qld. She had some terrible stuff happen to her that no one should have to contend with, so she kept things private from that perspective. Despite being booted, I've always respected what she told me as being private and have never betrayed that trust - which is why I was a bit surprised at my treatment and bundled in with so-called trouble makers.

Phantom asked to be deleted off the system IIRC. Not just SitInTheCorner. It was a bit like a drug to him I think. But yeah, agree or disagree with him, he had consistently well researched and form views of the Club and the Game. I enjoyed reading most of his posts.

Correct. Went to the odd game after a "laborious long drive" and heaps of other problems, but lives in the country near a familiar Vic town.

Not sure if Michael posts any more or whether he keeps an interest in the juniors. I haven't looked at Dead End Road in years. The club got very tired of him and finally put some distance between him and the club which should have happened much much earlier. (For all his well meaning he compromised us big time on a few occasions.) Between that and his own run in with Physco23 and his self imposed ban at one stage, not sure if he still takes an interest ? Maybe the cricket club getting punted off Punt Road turned him off ? Give him credit for something, despite all the ridicule and criticism he copped, he never got personal or upset.

Correct. Went to the odd game after a "laborious long drive" and heaps of other problems, but lives in the country near a familiar Vic town.

Not sure if Michael posts any more or whether he keeps an interest in the juniors. I haven't looked at Dead End Road in years. The club got very tired of him and finally put some distance between him and the club which should have happened much much earlier. (For all his well meaning he compromised us big time on a few occasions.) Between that and his own run in with Physco23 and his self imposed ban at one stage, not sure if he still takes an interest ? Maybe the cricket club getting punted off Punt Road turned him off ? Give him credit for something, despite all the ridicule and criticism he copped, he never got personal or upset.

Ah ok, I know nothing of the guy but enjoyed his posts. Was he a talent scout for us or something?

You're bang on the money too, he never lashed out even when there was abuse all around him. Nice guy.

Rosy went to games - I was going to meet her at a game once, but it didn't happen as I didn't end up travelling down from Qld. She had some terrible stuff happen to her that no one should have to contend with, so she kept things private from that perspective. Despite being booted, I've always respected what she told me as being private and have never betrayed that trust - which is why I was a bit surprised at my treatment and bundled in with so-called trouble makers.

Phantom asked to be deleted off the system IIRC. Not just SitInTheCorner. It was a bit like a drug to him I think. But yeah, agree or disagree with him, he had consistently well researched and form views of the Club and the Game. I enjoyed reading most of his posts.

Fair enough, I just remembered that she posted a lot that she couldn't get to games, not trying to hang her on that offence either, but I thought it odd she ran a fan forum for a team but didn't go the games. Hopefully she's in a good space in the real world.

Ah ok, I know nothing of the guy but enjoyed his posts. Was he a talent scout for us or something?

Hah hah hah. No he wasn't a talent scout for us and that was part of the problem: he DESPERATELY wanted to be. He was just a fanatic punter off the street, like most of us are.

He'd inundate the club with his thoughts on juniors, spreadsheets, want meetings with CC and Frank etc. etc. Hah hah....one time he turned up at Punt Road oval for a post draft Rookie evaluation session for the kids that had been overlooked and he went out onto the ground in the middle of a drill with his clipboard, all serious and such. CC told him in no uncertain terms to get off the ground. Gee it was funny.

Nice enough guy. Very eccentric. Didn't know his boundaries. Became a pest in the end.

Cheers Pharacio. :thumbsu:
Hope life is treating you well.

Yep, so many good posters punted over the years (a few here) and too often the patterns were the same unfortunately for some reasons already mentioned.
PRE indeed a great site mainly due to it's posters but had definitely tapered off in recent times despite still having some quality people giving their views. I actually think it really needs an ap like Tapatalk to keep the forum model current.
Fingers crossed that the site being down does have something to do with a changeover but for now I'm here. :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Punt Road End

Remove this Banner Ad

Back