QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe how far Strathpine, Moorooka, Logan and Beenleigh have fallen over the years, some very proud and strong clubs.
What the hell is Ipswich doing in the ammos?
Also lulz at Zillmere.

How's everyone in this div looking? With Coomera heading up it opens things up a bit! How is Zillmere going to go in this comp? Just read on other board that beenleigh are losing players to Coomera?

News is that Redcliffe will be coming back to play in this division making it a 10 team comp.

Should be fairly strong at the top again - Hopefully Calamvale can pull themselves from the cellar. Perhaps the move to Park Ridge if still on the cards can help.

Any News Mighty?

Haven't heard much out of the Logan Camp except that perhaps a new coach has been appointed.

Will UQ have 5 teams again this year?

News is that Redcliffe will be coming back to play in this division making it a 10 team comp.

Should be fairly strong at the top again - Hopefully Calamvale can pull themselves from the cellar. Perhaps the move to Park Ridge if still on the cards can help.

Any News Mighty?

Haven't heard much out of the Logan Camp except that perhaps a new coach has been appointed.

Any truth to the mail beenleigh guys have headed to Coomera?

Officially there is no truth to the Rumour.

No players have told us they are leaving and Coomera has not requested for anyone to either be interviewed or to train.

I would assume that Coomera would go through the correct process and notify the club before talking to any of our players. We resume pre-season training next week and I look forward to having many familiar faces and many new faces in attendance.

Officially there is no truth to the Rumour.

No players have told us they are leaving and Coomera has not requested for anyone to either be interviewed or to train.

I would assume that Coomera would go through the correct process and notify the club before talking to any of our players. We resume pre-season training next week and I look forward to having many familiar faces and many new faces in attendance.

I look forward to Gaz and Swoopers response. They have been saying on another page they have Beenleigh and Carrara players calling them...

Heard Beenleigh coach has headed to Coomera so maybe some players will follow him wanting to play in next division....

Any News Mighty?
Buffs I believe Redcliffe are in, not that they've been told officially as far as I know, a 10 team comp is a good comp, top 5 not 4!
Coomera the new Carrara? KP doing another 'away' preseason?
Top 5 should consist of Redcliffe, Pine Rivers, Beenleigh, Ipswich & Logan with Griffith as a smokey

Buffs I believe Redcliffe are in, not that they've been told officially as far as I know, a 10 team comp is a good comp, top 5 not 4!
Coomera the new Carrara? KP doing another 'away' preseason?
Top 5 should consist of Redcliffe, Pine Rivers, Beenleigh, Ipswich & Logan with Griffith as a smokey

Very Harsh on Griffith and Zillmere IMHO. Zillmere will hav ea strong ones I would think although not sure how they will go for depth. Griffith have inproved out of sight and I hear around the place they have recruited a few more.

New I heard today is that Alex Hills 2's caoch from last season has been appointed at Logan.

I had heard also that Milsy had gone down to Coomera.

Very Harsh on Griffith and Zillmere IMHO. Zillmere will hav ea strong ones I would think although not sure how they will go for depth. Griffith have inproved out of sight and I hear around the place they have recruited a few more.

New I heard today is that Alex Hills 2's caoch from last season has been appointed at Logan.

Griffith started training in the 18 October. That is a long preseason! If they keep same squad they will play finals.

Zillmere have a new coach. Many of their senior guys who were their best players last season prob won't play again. Nets could be an issue, hopefully they have an influx and can field two sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah possibly a bit harsh on Griffith as I think they just missed out last year with a top 4? Training early again, hopefully they get the season phases timed right. Sounds like they're building a good work-ethic based culture. Zillmere I don't know too much about, but heard their list last was pretty 'experienced'. It must've worked though

Griffith started training in the 18 October. That is a long preseason! If they keep same squad they will play finals.

Zillmere have a new coach. Many of their senior guys who were their best players last season prob won't play again. Nets could be an issue, hopefully they have an influx and can field two sides.
A new coach? Was Danny Dickfos coaching them last year? If so is he remaining at the club?

I look forward to Gaz and Swoopers response. They have been saying on another page they have Beenleigh and Carrara players calling them...
o_O I haven't posted on any forum since pre-footy trip and certainly haven't said anything about any players from anywhere.

All I know is that my preseason has consisted of exactly what I do onfield- bugger all.

Any news re: coaching positions?

WE have Appointed Paul Opbroek as our senior coach Assisted by Clinton Robson and Corey Pitts. David Williams and Darren Williams have returned full time to the club after a stint with the South Port under 18s to coach our development squad.

Good turn out last night for our first night with a lot of new faces and some very pleasingestablished names.

#newbreednewherd

Draft draw came out today :)

No Zillmere but we do have Jimboomba. Looks like a good year ahead.

Won't post up the draw as clubs will need to talk and have the chance to ask for changes. Calamvale looks as though they will be known as the Park Ridge Pirates this year also.

Mighty - Any news mate>?

Won't post up the draw as clubs will need to talk and have the chance to ask for changes. Calamvale looks as though they will be known as the Park Ridge Pirates this year also.

Mighty - Any news mate>?

When is round 1 mate?

Mighty - Any news mate>?

Pop up some draft dates at least? Rnd 1, Byes, Finals?

Round 1 is March 15th

Easter Break April 19th
Bye 7th June
Bye 12th July

Finals Start Aug-9

Anyone from Jimboomba on here want to shed some light on what we can expect?

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back