QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I know everyone footy , was stirring as the other name was sod . Y is Barry not playing ? And I agree that Colvin will get more oppurtinity this season but also will have more attention on him to make it difficult without Barry there . My team is the cats

I know everyone footy , was stirring as the other name was sod . Y is Barry not playing ? And I agree that Colvin
will get more oppurtinity this
season but also will have more
attention on him to make it
difficult without Barry there . My
team is the cats
Fair....Barry's clearance was approved from memory, but good point re: avenues to goal & attention...
I follow the Hawks mate...& Redcliffe.
So ur just a Footy fan that posts on QAFA (A) Bigfooty...fair enough

I will have a crack also,

Morrooka for the Flag.

Milligan for the medal, hasnt been mentioned but I believe he is back in this div.

Flowers to kick a lazy 100 in a very good side with ample forward support around him.
The Saints have picked up ex Surfers gun Rhys Nossiter, big tip for the Medal.

Lol I meant to say some sod from uq. Could be any one of those 10-15 that are not playing in there 1st and 2nd teams. I've smashed way to many cans of xxxx this sarvo

1. If it could be any one of a group of 10-15 wouldn't they probably steal votes off each other?

2. Why is the "too lazy to play in QAFL" comment directed at UQ? If someone is good enough to win a league medal surely then they're good enough to play in a higher league no matter which club they're currently at?

I'm confused mate, (regular occurrence) but from previous posts u know about Jimboomba, Wynnum, Bondy, Milligan, Morro & Flowers but don't know Barry or Colvin? Any chance u'll let us know the team u favour?
Barry OBrien has signed with Maroochydore

1. If it could be any one of a group of 10-15 wouldn't they probably steal votes off each other?

2. Why is the "too lazy to play in QAFL" comment directed at UQ? If someone is good enough to win a league medal surely then they're good enough to play in a higher league no matter which club they're currently at?

Great point paddle pop . Plenty of blokes could get games in higher leagues , and plenty of blokes in higher leagues should be playing in this league guess it is just a case of where u live and who your mates are . Take Milligan for example the biggest step up u can take and could only manage it for one year ? Anybody know the reason he has dropped all the way back down could've had a crack at qafa I would've of thought? Ok gents round one is nearly here what's everyone's tips ?

Moorooka 8 goals
Logan 3 goals
Beenliegh 4 points
Redcliffe 6 goals

Are they really good enough to step up a division or two, I think maybe not as you would see with your own eyes Paddle Pop there is a massive step up in skill fitness and the speed of the game from top div to div 3, the game plans are team based at higher level where as individual based game plan based around better players at lower level. Most of the big fish in the little pond wouldn't survive in the big seas as Milligan who has won several medals proved last year.

Are they really good enough to step up a division or two, I think maybe not as you would see with your own eyes Paddle Pop there is a massive step up in skill fitness and the speed of the game from top div to div 3, the game plans are team based at higher level where as individual based game plan based around better players at lower level. Most of the big fish in the little pond wouldn't survive in the big seas as Milligan who has won several medals proved last year.

Powyer, Swann, Lutton, Westerhuis, Fairley are all guys who were in our 3rds for a number of years, pushed up into our higher division side, and then played Division 1 Senior football last year.

Yep, I agree that there's a big gap between each division but every side has players who would be able to step up if needed. There's nothing wrong with that either, this league gets much stronger from quality footballers playing for lower division clubs because they can't commit to the demands expected at higher levels.

Calm down cabron. I've sobered up a bit and all I meant is if you have those dudes playing this comp instead of state league they will prob be very handy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great point paddle pop . Plenty of blokes could get games in higher leagues , and plenty of blokes in higher leagues should be playing in this league guess it is just a case of where u live and who your mates are . Take Milligan for example the biggest step up u can take and could only manage it for one year ? Anybody know the reason he has dropped all the way back down could've had a crack at qafa I would've of thought? Ok gents round one is nearly here what's everyone's tips ?

Moorooka 8 goals
Logan 3 goals
Beenliegh 4 points
Redcliffe 6 goals

Is Milligan the bloke that went to Surfers?? Every time I saw him play it was 2's? In fact played enough 2's to qualify for finals 2 years running. What makes you think he would be good enough to play QAFL footy?? Assuming this is the bloke I'm thinking of though.

Is Milligan the bloke that went to Surfers?? Every time I saw him play it was 2's? In fact played enough 2's to qualify for finals 2 years running. What makes you think he would be good enough to play QAFL footy?? Assuming this is the bloke I'm thinking of though.

You might be thinking of Munga???

Milligan went to morning side after winning 2 league medals.

Well if there's one thing you can rely on its UQ stacking banter!!

My mail is Milligan was apart of a group of various guys from clubs who went to morning side to try neafl and now morning side have dropped back they have decided to go back to "original" clubs. Wouldn't read anymore into it then he enjoys having a kick with his mates.

Echo thoughts on bondy - won 2's b and f in div 1 last year in a team that didn't win a lot of games. Players hard, reasonably fair and enjoys some banter - but shakes ur hand at full time and u can't ask for anymore then that.

Hopefully the rain stays away the next 12 hrs and round 1 goes ahead - last 2 years first game washed out hasn't it been?

No Milligan won 3 comp Medals playing with Logan before going to Morningside last year, back at Logan this year. Your thinking of Nolan from Beenleigh, has played reserve grade at Surfers last two years only played two senior games in that time.

Well if there's one thing you can rely on its UQ stacking banter!!

My mail is Milligan was apart of a group of various guys from clubs who went to morning side to try neafl and now morning side have dropped back they have decided to go back to "original" clubs. Wouldn't read anymore into it then he enjoys having a kick with his mates.

Echo thoughts on bondy - won 2's b and f in div 1 last year in a team that didn't win a lot of games. Players hard, reasonably fair and enjoys some banter - but shakes ur hand at full time and u can't ask for anymore then that.

Hopefully the rain stays away the next 12 hrs and round 1 goes ahead - last 2 years first game washed out hasn't it been?

Mate I'd love to take the credit, but your thinking of Wardy. Absolute gun, but unfortunately for us retired at the end of last year. I was the guy in the 1's getting toweled up in the middle by Davies.

Its looking pretty dry around Redcliffe at the moment and tomorrow is forecast to be Hot, bout 28.

Mate I'd love to take the credit, but your thinking of Wardy. Absolute gun, but unfortunately for us retired at the end of last year. I was the guy in the 1's getting toweled up in the middle by Davies.

Its looking pretty dry around Redcliffe at the moment and tomorrow is forecast to be Hot, bout 28.

Good luck tomorrow Bondy. Tigers should get up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah true sorry mate.

And don't worry u weren't on ur lonesome chasing boehy around.

Ahh Friday nights, moonee valley races, 2 games of Union, a couple of games of league and the footy is back. How good is life hahaha

I heard the Tigers had a good win in the 1s& 2s. Spewing I was didn't get to see it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back