QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that its a week on and no one has mentioned Redcliffe's coach being moved on or the rat/s starting to desert the sinking ship
no one was moved on. And the only rats around Rothwell park are from the flood waters. Players come and go. Pretty sure at least 40% of players in qld have played for another qld side at some point. I've played at 4 in SEQ and 1 in Toowoomba. Who really cares? Good to see Kedron are beating all the sides in the lowest division in qld. Keep up the good work.

no one was moved on. And the only rats around Rothwell park are from the flood waters. Players come and go. Pretty sure at least 40% of players in qld have played for another qld side at some point. I've played at 4 in SEQ and 1 in Toowoomba. Who really cares? Good to see Kedron are beating all the sides in the lowest division in qld. Keep up the good work.

Kedron haven't lost a game so far, but that wont be case for the rest of the year. There are a number of teams in that division that will at the very least go with them, and I think will beat them.

Seeing as I'm not from their Mango I wouldn't mind knowing myself, But then again you know everything so why don't you fill us in?
Who's Ya tip Pea Nut?

Seeing as I'm not from their Mango I wouldn't mind knowing myself, But then again you know everything so why don't you fill us in?
Who's Ya tip Pea Nut?

I think Zillmere at full strength will beat Kedron. Very good side. I'll go as far to say that Kedron won't make granny. I think Woodsmen will beat them as well. Do you guys think that you will see Kedron join you in this league next year ?? They aren't big on the Friday night comp anyway.

Zillmere vs Woodsmen GF, Kedron will go out in straight sets.

Can't pick a winner from those 2, but will likely to come down to which old blokes make it to the end of the season!

Kedron haven't lost a game so far, but that wont be case for the rest of the year. There are a number of teams in that division that will at the very least go with them, and I think will beat them.

Won't happen !!
I don't see them losing a game for the rest of the year mate. Looking at the draw, there is a very good chance they will go into finals undefeated. They probably should of never been put in QAFA B, they would of been just as competitive in QAFA A. But thats not up to me.

I don't see them losing a game for the rest of the year mate. Looking at the draw, there is a very good chance they will go into finals undefeated. They probably should of never been put in QAFA B, they would of been just as competitive in QAFA A. But thats not up to me.

I think you are selling a few of the other sides in that comp very short. Zillmere have had some massive ins, Jimboomba are always good and have a couple of gun players, and Woodsmen have been very strong for the past 18 months. All 3 would compete with the top sides in this comp, and I am sure have been approached to join this league, but don't want to play Saturdays, and don't have the numbers for a ressies side as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's Ya tip Pea Nut?
sorry mate my bad. some old posts of yours gave me the impression you were from there . like having a crack at the Tigers lack of club after the swans game.so where you from ?

I think you are selling a few of the other sides in that comp very short. Zillmere have had some massive ins, Jimboomba are always good and have a couple of gun players, and Woodsmen have been very strong for the past 18 months. All 3 would compete with the top sides in this comp, and I am sure have been approached to join this league, but don't want to play Saturdays, and don't have the numbers for a ressies side as well.
Yeah mate, no doubt that there is other strong sides. It's obviously going to be a very intense finals for those top teams. Zillmere continuing to draw players this late in the season. Noticed 3 or 4 Pine players have been recently cleared to play there too.

Can't speak for zillmere, woodsman or jimboomba, but Kedron had the number's in the preseason to field a ressie a and senior side, but when the word came through about playing QAFA B before christmas, there were a handful of players that couldn't play Fridays, and simply did not want to play in that league. Maybe next year or the one after, they mite get the opportunity to move up again!

Bond v GM - maybe due for an upset, Bond by 8 points
Carrara v Beenleigh - Carrara improving and win by 66 points
Ipswich v Suns - tough one this, Eagles at home by 26
Park Ridge v Redcliffe - Pirates at home by 28, Tigers need to kick straight
Wynnum v Vic Point - another tough one, leaning towards the vikings by 22

Bond to end Roosters winning streak
Carrara far to good for the Buffs
Suns to bounce back against the Eagles
Pirates to win well against the struggling Tigers
Victoria Point in a tight game over Wynnum.

Yeah mate, no doubt that there is other strong sides. It's obviously going to be a very intense finals for those top teams. Zillmere continuing to draw players this late in the season. Noticed 3 or 4 Pine players have been recently cleared to play there too.

Can't speak for zillmere, woodsman or jimboomba, but Kedron had the number's in the preseason to field a ressie a and senior side, but when the word came through about playing QAFA B before christmas, there were a handful of players that couldn't play Fridays, and simply did not want to play in that league. Maybe next year or the one after, they mite get the opportunity to move up again!

You're saying Kedron had enough players to play QAFA A but chose to play QAFA B? Doesn't make sense.

You're saying Kedron had enough players to play QAFA A but chose to play QAFA B? Doesn't make sense.
Kedron were told they couldn't play qfa a and were not in a position to stay in the qfa. At the time no choice was given to the club regardless of the wishes of the club. Its done now and life goes on. So they did not choose to do this they had no choice.

The club and the players could not express how much we wanted to play in qafa a. Afl q gave us the option to play qfa north. Or pull out our senior side all together and keep the 3rds team. Which conclusively what we were left with playing Friday night footy.

Kedron were told they couldn't play qfa a and were not in a position to stay in the qfa. At the time no choice was given to the club regardless of the wishes of the club. Its done now and life goes on. So they did not choose to do this they had no choice.

How can you be in a position to play QAFA A and not QFA?

QFA actually has less travel requirements.

Both comps require seniors and reserves.

Or did you just decide you would rather be one of the better sides in QAFA B and have 20 guys miss out every week, instead of being mid to low table in QFA (despite finishing 3rd last year?)

Bizarre stuff.

How can you be in a position to play QAFA A and not QFA?

QFA actually has less travel requirements.

Both comps require seniors and reserves.

Or did you just decide you would rather be one of the better sides in QAFA B and have 20 guys miss out every week, instead of being mid to low table in QFA (despite finishing 3rd last year?)

Bizarre stuff.
There's more to it than what you think. But if you want to know come and see me and will be happy to fill you in face to face. Not on this forum as its not the place to discuss it.

I wouldn't want to admit it either.

Essentially, you had a bunch of blokes who didn't like playing QFA because you had no chance of winning anything, but wanted to go down to QAFA A where you would be competitive.

AFLQ quite rightly (in this rare case) told you that you can't just drop a division to be competitive, so you went down to QAFA B with your tail between your legs.

Lets not dance around it, guys don't want to play in a division where the Premier is known in January. I can understand that, but lets not pretend it was some other mythical reason.

There is absolutely no reason to move from QFA to QAFA A, other than wanting to be near the top of the ladder instead of the bottom. In fact, you would have to travel less!

I wouldn't want to admit it either.

Essentially, you had a bunch of blokes who didn't like playing QFA because you had no chance of winning anything, but wanted to go down to QAFA A where you would be competitive.

AFLQ quite rightly (in this rare case) told you that you can't just drop a division to be competitive, so you went down to QAFA B with your tail between your legs.

Lets not dance around it, guys don't want to play in a division where the Premier is known in January. I can understand that, but lets not pretend it was some other mythical reason.

There is absolutely no reason to move from QFA to QAFA A, other than wanting to be near the top of the ladder instead of the bottom. In fact, you would have to travel less!
You are entitled to your opionins and the offer is there for you too.

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back