QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes there is. Not in the NEAFL.
Might want to re-read the rules. No yellow in QAFL, QAFL Reserves or NEAFL you just get sent off and can be replaced immediately.

"3.1 Order Off Law
In NEAFL, QAFL and QAFL Reserves competitions the umpire(s), at their discretion, may send a player off the field for the remainder of a match. This player may be replaced when sent off. "

Might want to re-read the rules. No yellow in QAFL, QAFL Reserves or NEAFL you just get sent off and can be replaced immediately.

"3.1 Order Off Law
In NEAFL, QAFL and QAFL Reserves competitions the umpire(s), at their discretion, may send a player off the field for the remainder of a match. This player may be replaced when sent off. "
Funny, you post this. I had this argument with someone late last year, and they convinced me that the QAFL did in fact use yellow and red cards. I didnt think they did, but couldn't find the rule where it stated whether they did or not. Thanks for the clarification.

"3.1 Order Off Law
Have the rules changed recently? 2 years ago yellow and red cards were definitely being used in the qafl!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the deal with complaining about finals venues on nearly all threads. What about applying the Ross Lyon mantra of " we will play them anywhere, anytime".
Cup of cement anyone?

Carrara got their 'home' final in a nice close location. Wynumm just down the road (an hour away).....AFLQ logic.

How does that work that Moorooka get a home final but Carrara have to travel to Wynnum? What is that about?

Thought the rule was in early finals if you finish higher you earn the right for home final?

Can understand probably from Prelim Final and Granny they can be at neutral ground, but early finals is a bit harsh.

How does that work that Moorooka get a home final but Carrara have to travel to Wynnum? What is that about?

Thought the rule was in early finals if you finish higher you earn the right for home final?

Can understand probably from Prelim Final and Granny they can be at neutral ground, but early finals is a bit harsh.
Certain standards have to be met to be able to host a final. Not saying it is right or wrong, but that is the way it is. I haven't actually been to Carrara's ground, but it does sound like it wouldn't meet certain criteria.

Not sure of what it costs now, but I know it was $1500 to host a final two years ago. Not all clubs are willing or capable of paying for the rights.

Hope it's not the same umpire that has umpired last 2 Viccy Point games at home. If so Saints in trouble!!

Loves the odd 50 and send off's? Only to opposition.
The one we had against Viccy point at their home ground gave them 13 50s and we had 3 sent off.. We got none and they didn't have anyone sent off.

So I hope we don't get that guy again!

Not sure of what it costs now, but I know it was $1500 to host a final two years ago. Not all clubs are willing or capable of paying for the rights.
Even if we aren't capable of paying the fee, surely they could at least find a ground on the coast so we don't have to travel so far away, especially seeing as we earnt the right to a home final.

The one we had against Viccy point at their home ground gave them 13 50s and we had 3 sent off.. We got none and they didn't have anyone sent off.

So I hope we don't get that guy again!

Even if we aren't capable of paying the fee, surely they could at least find a ground on the coast so we don't have to travel so far away, especially seeing as we earnt the right to a home final.
Maybe no other club on the coast was prepared to pay for the right to host your final.

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back