QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

It certainly makes for interesting reading on where all the Kedron players have gone. There are claims that they have kept their best players and will drop down two divisions, there are claims that a lot of the talent have actually gone across to Aspley, and there is what seems to be confident talk here that a bunch of quality players will be playing at Pine Rivers. All those stories cant actually be true ??
Well considering Kedron had 3 teams last year and only have one this year means 2 teams worth, we're talking 40 odd blokes have left so good chance a lot of clubs could've picked up dribs and drabs. So all stories could be true?

Really! If any of the guys from Kedron's senior side last year play NEAFL at Aspley this year then Aspley will be terrible. Their best player was Nathan Clarke himself or George. Clarke is tied up with Western magpies in 2015 anyway so not sure how the connection is there still?
Hey smy, any news on how aflq are going to devise a fixture, now that it seems there will only be 7 sides in qfa north?

Hey smy, any news on how aflq are going to devise a fixture, now that it seems there will only be 7 sides in qfa north?
I remember the old days. The winner of the flag in the lower grade moves up. Maybe GM should go up???

Its a bit of a dogs breakfast I reckon Twinkle toes. 7 teams in a comp is acceptable when you are in a part of Australia that has population issues, not for a comp that is situated in one of the fastest growing areas in Australia. I'm not sure how competitive GM would be as there is always a big gulf bn comps I reckon but they couldn't be any worse than Caboolture was 2014. At the end of the day most blokes playing footy just like to play in a competitive standard without having to travel to all ends of the continent to do so. It's a tightrope walked to make this occur. Think there are a couple of sides in QAFL right now that would be better suited to playing down a comp ie Sandgate that would be better for all. Very disappointing re Kedron but think it was always going to happen with the arrangement at coaching level. Jase and Clarkey were directly responsible for probably 10 or so of the senior team being there and with no Colts where was the next wave of players to come from??

Was told he was. Not to play necessarily. Maybe by an "enthusiastic" supporter..

Apologies Ruthless / Damo - looks like he is assisting JB at Aspley. Will be a handy pick up as a footy person around the joint (again) for you guys.

Last edited:
Its a bit of a dogs breakfast I reckon Twinkle toes. 7 teams in a comp is acceptable when you are in a part of Australia that has population issues, not for a comp that is situated in one of the fastest growing areas in Australia. I'm not sure how competitive GM would be as there is always a big gulf bn comps I reckon but they couldn't be any worse than Caboolture was 2014. At the end of the day most blokes playing footy just like to play in a competitive standard without having to travel to all ends of the continent to do so. It's a tightrope walked to make this occur. Think there are a couple of sides in QAFL right now that would be better suited to playing down a comp ie Sandgate that would be better for all. Very disappointing re Kedron but think it was always going to happen with the arrangement at coaching level. Jase and Clarkey were directly responsible for probably 10 or so of the senior team being there and with no Colts where was the next wave of players to come from??
Reckon your Sandgate option would be best and would make the north comp stronger than any other alternative. Not sure how Sandgate would react to that though. No doubt, the end solution from HQ will be something nobody expects!

Reckon your Sandgate option would be best and would make the north comp stronger than any other alternative. Not sure how Sandgate would react to that though. No doubt, the end solution from HQ will be something nobody expects!

South comp has 9 teams, so maybe move one of them to the North comp, make it 8 and 8. Maybe a little compensation from AFLQ, put on a bus for the long trips?

I remember the old days. The winner of the flag in the lower grade moves up. Maybe GM should go up???
Plan is they will if they win it again, currently building junior base and getting all their ducks in a row, sometimes it's not that simple

According to science & bigfooty's 'reliable' info:
Genuine Premiership contenders - Roosters, Suns
Genuine challengers - Tigers, Eagles
Outside Chances - Swans, Pirates
Wooden Spoon -Saints
Then the there's the other 18 teams

And everyone is coming out of retirement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

South comp has 9 teams, so maybe move one of them to the North comp, make it 8 and 8. Maybe a little compensation from AFLQ, put on a bus for the long trips?

Unfortunately they are running with 9 sides and 7 sides Axel - fixture came out today. Agree it makes little sense but on the other hand moving a side that has spent the preseason working towards and recruiting guys based on playing in a particular region may argue against any changes at this stage..

Unfortunately they are running with 9 sides and 7 sides Axel - fixture came out today. Agree it makes little sense but on the other hand moving a side that has spent the preseason working towards and recruiting guys based on playing in a particular region may argue against any changes at this stage..
Seen the south fixture- where do we find the north fixture?
Seven side comp is unsustainable for too many reasons, another restructure on the cards for 2016

It's pretty funny how much talk there's been about Pine Rivers on here. They'll wanna be able to play with the amount of talk they've been doing.

It's also good to see Carrara are doing as much on this forum as they'll be doing on the feild. Absolutely nothing.

This thread has been a great read!

Looks like it's gunna be a closer comp this year with GM the team to beat again and also not much talk about the pirates or saints on here. Wouldn't surprise me if they field stronger teams than last year and sit around that top 5 mark.

This thread has been a great read!

Looks like it's gunna be a closer comp this year with GM the team to beat again and also not much talk about the pirates or saints on here. Wouldn't surprise me if they field stronger teams than last year and sit around that top 5 mark.

Would love to see the Pirates do well, those guys deserve it.

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back