QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

I think fairbumpplayon is pretty much on the money! Richo did bag 7 and is an amazing addition for us. The game was a surprise for me in terms of our performance and the Suns. If both teams play like that every week then they will be at the pointy end. We had a heap of ball early and lots of inside 50s first qtr and should have carried a big lead into the first break. But Yep, got to kick goals when the opportunity presents. Boys are keen to notch the first one so hopefully this weekend! In regards to field size, it's actually about 144 long so I wouldn't say a jnr field and also 430 mtrs around...

I think fairbumpplayon is pretty much on the money! Richo did bag 7 and is an amazing addition for us. The game was a surprise for me in terms of our performance and the Suns. If both teams play like that every week then they will be at the pointy end. We had a heap of ball early and lots of inside 50s first qtr and should have carried a big lead into the first break. But Yep, got to kick goals when the opportunity presents. Boys are keen to notch the first one so hopefully this weekend! In regards to field size, it's actually about 144 long so I wouldn't say a jnr field and also 430 mtrs around...
Good game of footy

Did you guys have players missing?

Park ridge the team to beat? The Suns exposed them well and beat them on the weekend...

But i also did here from a couple blokes at the ground on Saturday that you were indeed missing a few and it was possibly the first time you fielded a near-complete senior side? Can you shed some light on this MightyPirate? Anyhow, It looks like you blokes might cause a few headaches for some coaches so I'm tipping you will be up there this year. Cannot write any teams of ethier.. win or lose in round 1 there is still a lot of football to come and many things can change! What a cracking year this is going to be!

Your field is disgracefully small ive coached under 12's out there and they could go the distance in three kicks...pirates will struggle most away games on bigger fields..

Your field is disgracefully small ive coached under 12's out there and they could go the distance in three kicks...pirates will struggle most away games on bigger fields..
The Park Ridge oval is small however not disgracefully small as you put it, teams playing there must be good on the inside if they are to win, always physical due to size.
I'd guess all teams would disagree after only 1 week
Flags are not won in round one!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was not looking forward to going to Park Ridge last week, had not been there previously opinion due to reports and "school ground" metality however was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the set up and ground size. Nice little arrangement. It's a bruiser of a ground, played on smaller. Park Ridge can build a solid club there.

The Pirates field may be small but it makes for a well earned physical game cause a smaller ground means that u have to work a lot harder and there are more chances for mistakes and when a mistake happens it turns to a physical game of footy

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back