QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm, interesting results in one of the lower echolons of Qld footy today (don't get me wrong, I love that you guys are havin' a go, its just not that pretty to watch, sorry). The battle of Big Josh's "PR's" was a non-event, the-hyped Ippy were as impressive as their coach was in his Afl career, Bond Uni have caught the attention of everybody in their first season outing n could the once-maligned Cobra's be returning to their distant glory days under their new South East Suns identity? Oh, n GM beat the Buffs but all clubs will do that this year..........
Why would you find the results interesting in a comp far below what you're accustomed to?

Why would you find the results interesting in a comp far below what you're accustomed to?

Bond uni very impressive today look to be young and supremely fit there average age must be 20-22 will DEFINETLY trouble a lot of teams this year . Viccy point to old and slow got run over all around the ground today . I also noticed no hooper in Ipswichs line up is he still away for coaching duties? Seems that without him they might struggle this year .

Hmm, interesting results in one of the lower echolons of Qld footy today (don't get me wrong, I love that you guys are havin' a go, its just not that pretty to watch, sorry). The battle of Big Josh's "PR's" was a non-event, the-hyped Ippy were as impressive as their coach was in his Afl career, Bond Uni have caught the attention of everybody in their first season outing n could the once-maligned Cobra's be returning to their distant glory days under their new South East Suns identity? Oh, n GM beat the Buffs but all clubs will do that this year..........

Sounds like it's going to be a long season for you petrochelli...... Unless you go back where you came from

Bond to have too much run for Vic point and will win by 60+
Park Ridge by 20
Roosters by 110
Suns by 10
And Carrara by 6 in an upset although is Hooper playing? Will be interesting to see what role he plays

Where do I collect my prize? But seriously Bond and Park Ridge looking really good and Ipswich could be in trouble.

Also word is that Hooper has done his hammy and will be out for several weeks.

Park ridge were super impressive today at Strathpine. Word they still have a few blokes to come in.. Props to bond should have made my way down there and caught that game because it was all one way footy at strathpine..

I was at the swans game today and umpiring was poor to say the least. Well mainly by one ump...chef I think the were calling him who gave a 50 m penalty because swans had people sitting on the ground over the fence line at the coaches box. And they wonder why crowds and players get worked up!

Bond uni very impressive today look to be young and supremely fit there average age must be 20-22 will DEFINETLY trouble a lot of teams this year . Viccy point to old and slow got run over all around the ground today . I also noticed no hooper in Ipswichs line up is he still away for coaching duties? Seems that without him they might struggle this year .

you noticed all that and coached Moorooka Tim, impressive

Last edited:
I was at the swans game today and umpiring was poor to say the least. Well mainly by one ump...chef I think the were calling him who gave a 50 m penalty because swans had people sitting on the ground over the fence line at the coaches box. And they wonder why crowds and players get worked up!
Yes the umpiring was horrible but can people expect to much better it's a weekly occurrence.. It had no impact on the scoreboard from what I seen as bad both ways the pirates were just way to strong across the park could be a long yr ahead for the swannies :(

i didn't mention anything about the change rooms lol having a club house to not having one at all.
Josh, thought I would come clean and tidy up a few comments about the Pirates. I am the President of Park Ridge and after seeing recent posts thought it only fair to come clean on my identity as it does seem a few people are hiding behind certain names and throwing a few rocks. Whilst we aren't flush with facilities or club house mate we are trying hard to be involved in a great community competition. We have s strong junior and youth base and now have quality coaching staff along with some cracking recruits who not only can play but are terrific club boys and creating a great culture considering this is only our second season of senior footy. For those who don know we fund raised over $90,000 to pay for our lights and the temporary change rooms as we don't get any assistance from local council and struggle to get funding through normal channels due to being on school grounds. Just wanted to let you know a few facts mate and look forward to sharing a beer next time round.

Where do I collect my prize? But seriously Bond and Park Ridge looking really good and Ipswich could be in trouble.

Also word is that Hooper has done his hammy and will be out for several weeks.
I see Proud played for Springwood yesterday so maybe it's not over the line with him playing up at Ippy with Hooper?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah couple of surprises again this week:
Vicky Point absolutely pumped (bit of a task to travel maybe??)
Ipswich down again after big pre-season wraps
and Park Ridge thumping Rivers
I thought Pine Rivers were a bit better than the score reflected but we did play well, I still think they will be thereabouts especially playing at home. We were wrapped to get a win on the board and winning out there made it a bit more sweeter considering they beat us by over 100 points out there last year.

Good blokes as well mate. Great for a club like ours starting out trying to create a good culture. Where you play now Spades?
Tigers. Yeah some good blokes. I've known Richo for 10 years. We also played at Mounties together. Smart footballer.

What did you think of Suns yesterday?
They were good against us last week, their full forward was a hand full. Good bunch of blokes as they all came over for a beer after the game which we appreciated. Something we are trying to create at our club this year, when playing away everyone goes in for one drink at least after the game. Win lose or draw. At the end of the day it is what this competition is about at the end of the day.

Good result for the Roosters yesterday, I think Beenleigh had some good passages of play in the seniors which could see them on the improve which is good to see.

As for #52 in ressies for Beenleigh - pull your head in. Flat out refusing to shake anyones hand at the end of the match. Piss poor effort.

How many did the big fella kick at FF? Richo is a cracking bloke and still quick for his age. Think he will be great for us this year and I think a few blokes have followed him over because he is a good bloke.
not sure. He kicked a few in the last qtr. not sure if he kicked any in the others. Our Backman did really well to keep him quiet most of the day. He's a big boy. Good straight kick on him.

Good result for the Roosters yesterday, I think Beenleigh had some good passages of play in the seniors which could see them on the improve which is good to see.

As for #52 in ressies for Beenleigh - pull your head in. Flat out refusing to shake anyones hand at the end of the match. Piss poor effort.
How did the big 2 go up forward for the Roosters? Kick plenty each?

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back