QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

How can you be in a position to play QAFA A and not QFA?

QFA actually has less travel requirements.

Both comps require seniors and reserves.

Or did you just decide you would rather be one of the better sides in QAFA B and have 20 guys miss out every week, instead of being mid to low table in QFA (despite finishing 3rd last year?)

Bizarre stuff.
I wouldn't want to admit it either.

Essentially, you had a bunch of blokes who didn't like playing QFA because you had no chance of winning anything, but wanted to go down to QAFA A where you would be competitive.

AFLQ quite rightly (in this rare case) told you that you can't just drop a division to be competitive, so you went down to QAFA B with your tail between your legs.

Lets not dance around it, guys don't want to play in a division where the Premier is known in January. I can understand that, but lets not pretend it was some other mythical reason.

There is absolutely no reason to move from QFA to QAFA A, other than wanting to be near the top of the ladder instead of the bottom. In fact, you would have to travel less!

Haha, your a funny bloke. At this point, the players not wanting to play QFA had already left, along with the senior coach and 21 of the senior players from last year.

You should know this considering the meetings and pre-season game you attended. Yes we would of not been competitive in QFA, but looking at the tables now, probably would of been mid ranged level in QAFA A. Which i dont see a problem with?

Is that the report you gave to QAFL? Makes sense... If thats all you picked up, don't think your doing your job properly.

Anyways, can only move forward.

Haha, your a funny bloke. At this point, the players not wanting to play QFA had already left, along with the senior coach and 21 of the senior players from last year.

You should know this considering the meetings and pre-season game you attended. Yes we would of not been competitive in QFA, but looking at the tables now, probably would of been mid ranged level in QAFA A. Which i dont see a problem with?

Is that the report you gave to QAFL? Makes sense... If thats all you picked up, don't think your doing your job properly.

Anyways, can only move forward.

I'm not sure who you think I am, but I certainly haven't attended ant meetings. I attend lots of games though.

As for not seeing a problem? There was a huge re-structure to the comp, you can't just drop back a division because you're worried about being competitive - it's pathetic.

No worries on dropping back due to numbers, but Kedron themselves have admitted they had numbers for 2 sides. If thats the case, they should have stayed in QFA and sucked it up. Just like UQ stay in the QAFL and get beaten by 40 goals by the Siders, and Nambour stayed in QFA and got dusted by 200 points by Mayne etc etc.

Swings and roundabouts, jumping from league to league based on the competitiveness or otherwise of your playing list after just 12 months shouldn't be encouraged, or allowed. Trying to improve is the better option. Like Moreton Bay and Cooly Tweed.

I'm not sure who you think I am, but I certainly haven't attended ant meetings. I attend lots of games though.

As for not seeing a problem? There was a huge re-structure to the comp, you can't just drop back a division because you're worried about being competitive - it's pathetic.

No worries on dropping back due to numbers, but Kedron themselves have admitted they had numbers for 2 sides. If thats the case, they should have stayed in QFA and sucked it up. Just like UQ stay in the QAFL and get beaten by 40 goals by the Siders, and Nambour stayed in QFA and got dusted by 200 points by Mayne etc etc.

Swings and roundabouts, jumping from league to league based on the competitiveness or otherwise of your playing list after just 12 months shouldn't be encouraged, or allowed. Trying to improve is the better option. Like Moreton Bay and Cooly Tweed.
I think what he was getting at was he didn't see you at any of the meetings requarding the position the club was in.
You don't know what position we were in in March and the Numbers we had committed.
Fielding two sides at that point we were 25 players short.
I think before you complain and shoot your opionins off you should do your homework.
So before you complain about clubs and players ask yourself. Have I got all the facts.
Become a volunteer at a club and give up your time and money to help someone else.That's what most of us do. Its good for the soul.
Come clean sheds mow ovals pick up rubbish coach become a manager or jump on a committee so you can be the change you want.

I think what he was getting at was he didn't see you at any of the meetings requarding the position the club was in.
You don't know what position we were in in March and the Numbers we had committed.
I think before you complain and shoot your opionins off you should do your homework.
So before you complain about clubs and players ask yourself. Have I got all the facts.
Become a volunteer at a club and give up your time and money to help someone else.That's what most of us do. Its good for the soul.
Come clean sheds mow ovals pick up rubbish coach become a manager or jump on a committee so you can be the change you want.

At a guess, I reckon he is already more than involved in the sport in Queensland. He is phantom-esque on here, but has far too much knowledge to be just a punter that watches the odd game of footy in SE Qld.

At a guess, I reckon he is already more than involved in the sport in Queensland. He is phantom-esque on here, but has far too much knowledge to be just a punter that watches the odd game of footy in SE Qld.
Not with aflq or he would be breaking their social media policy. He's knows who I am. Show some ticker and and come out.

Yes, we all know your immense man crush on that wise old sage who calls himself "Qafl fan", but "phantom-esque" ??? Do us a favour and give yourself an uppercut

You're 100% spot on. I wasn't at the meetings, and I have no idea what position the club was in.

I can only go off the information you and your fellow kedron folk have chosen to share here...

Can't speak for zillmere, woodsman or jimboomba, but Kedron had the number's in the preseason to field a ressie a and senior side!

So you had the numbers, or you didn't? Or you only had numbers to play QAFA A, but not QFA - despite the numbers being the same?

Kedron were told they couldn't play qfa a and were not in a position to stay in the qfa. At the time no choice was given to the club regardless of the wishes of the club. Its done now and life goes on. So they did not choose to do this they had no choice.

So you asked to play QAFA A, but weren't in a position to stay in QFA. How exactly does that work? Both leagues require seniors and reserves. QFA would be more attractive given it involves less travel.

The club and the players could not express how much we wanted to play in qafa a. Afl q gave us the option to play qfa north.

Again, in your own words - you couldn't express enough how much you wanted to be in QAFA A. How could you want to be there if its about numbers?

I'm relying on you for information and you're trying to backtrack because your club wanted the soft option of dropping down a division, instead of improving.

It backfired on you, and now you're down 2 divisions and probably still won't win anything!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he is a volunteer, a paid one - bloody umpires throwing their whistle around even in cyberspace

I think he is a volunteer, a paid one - bloody umpires throwing their whistle around even in cyberspace

Well as an umpire I had my suspicions as to QAFL fan was but I am informed that he is not this fella. I have asked the question at training on numerous occasions and none of the Brisbane South based umpires are admitting to being "the fan" I would hope that if QAFL Fan is indeed an umpire he would "out himself" at training

You're 100% spot on. I wasn't at the meetings, and I have no idea what position the club was in.

I can only go off the information you and your fellow kedron folk have chosen to share here...

So you had the numbers, or you didn't? Or you only had numbers to play QAFA A, but not QFA - despite the numbers being the same?

So you asked to play QAFA A, but weren't in a position to stay in QFA. How exactly does that work? Both leagues require seniors and reserves. QFA would be more attractive given it involves less travel.

Again, in your own words - you couldn't express enough how much you wanted to be in QAFA A. How could you want to be there if its about numbers?

I'm relying on you for information and you're trying to backtrack because your club wanted the soft option of dropping down a division, instead of improving.

It backfired on you, and now you're down 2 divisions and probably still won't win anything!
I'll try and explain it to you in simple terms you might understand. We lost a lot of players and the coach in December.
We knew we were in trouble then. We asked to drop back one level. We were going to make it up with masters and blokes doubling up and hopefully some new blokes.
When they were told it was qfa or nothing they wouldn't put themselves through that. I fully get that.
We asked the afl to help source playrers around 30 we needed. It didn't happen and rather than forfeiting ressies games a decision was made.
If you forfit two games your out.
Not willing to put the club in that position so here we are.
If you look at our list you will find only about 16 players from last years firsts and seconds are playing. The rest are new blokes to the game.
I get it you hate kedron but mate put your shit to one side and listen to someone who was given the job of trying to rebuild.
I'm proud of the boys who have stuck around and the new blokes who have come down to help.
Its shit like you go on with is what's wrong with footy today. People shoot their mouth off on half arse information from anyone who could be winding you up.
I know every player from my club on big footy and this guy isn't one of them.
We are a local footy club who has ups and downs. Yet we keep our doors open to anyone who wants to come down.
So I think it might be time you came down mixed with the lads and see what sort of people you keep putting down.
There's a tip for you.

I think you're mistaken, I don't hate Kedron. I've never even commented on why they moved down, or what happened until suddenly blokes are saying they had enough for 2 teams but wanted to play QAFA A, not QFA - which to me personally is a cop out. Just my opinion.

I've spent many an afternoon over the years down at 6th Ave, its one of the best venues in Brisbane.

Well as an umpire I had my suspicions as to QAFL fan was but I am informed that he is not this fella. I have asked the question at training on numerous occasions and none of the Brisbane South based umpires are admitting to being "the fan" I would hope that if QAFL Fan is indeed an umpire he would "out himself" at training[/QUOTE
I think you're mistaken, I don't hate Kedron. I've never even commented on why they moved down, or what happened until suddenly blokes are saying they had enough for 2 teams but wanted to play QAFA A, not QFA - which to me personally is a cop out. Just my opinion.

I've spent many an afternoon over the years down at 6th Ave, its one of the best venues in Brisbane.
Well I've spent it out for you. If you still don't get it. Its your problem not mine. Just the next time your down sixth ave come see me. I will offer you the same as anyone else. You can be part of the soulition or don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.
You should never disrespect someone else's club or players or volunteers. They are just doing their best with what they have.
As to your statement we won't win anything.
We have already won in my eyes. It's not just about a game of footy on Saturday. It's so much more than that.
But I'm not sure you understand that.

Yes, and it now makes perfect sense.

Shame the players were prepared to put their hand up for QAFA, but not QFA. I doubt there is a great deal of difference at reserves level.

don't get shirty at me because Blackmagic was declaring you had enough for 2 teams (and so were you). Once I heard this, I couldn't understand why you would opt to field only 1 - which is a legitimate query.

Shame the players were prepared to put their hand up for QAFA, but not QFA. I doubt there is a great deal of difference at reserves level.

don't get shirty at me because Blackmagic was declaring you had enough for 2 teams (and so were you). Once I heard this, I couldn't understand why you would opt to field only 1 - which is a legitimate query.
There's a huge difference for old blokes. I'm nearly fifty and would have helped out in ressies in a lower grade. But not every week its just too hard on the body. The boys would have nicknamed me tampon. In for one out for three. So at least I didn't get that tag. Time to put it to bed.

Hey QAFL, think you are being a bit harsh mate. In 2013 we (Wynnum) lost a heap of players but we soldiered on playing QFA for that season being absolute hammered by every team. We had our old boys team backing up to play ressies. It was a very demoralising season for the club. If we had of had the option to drop down one level I think we would have. You cant blame guys for not wanting to be smashed week after week. In 2014 our numbers situation only got worse so we had to drop down 2 divisions to recuperate and lift the moral of the club, which fortunately we did, hence the step back up one division this year. I think clubs should have an option of where they want to play or the QAFL has to have some sort of grading system. I think we would all prefer every grade to be competitive as possible not handing out 100+ point hidings. Again unless you are inside the workings of any individual club you really cannot have any idea of what they are going through. So just think you are being a little harsh on the Kedron boys.

Tips for the weekend:
Bond in an upset!!
Carrara by a big margin
Suns over Ipswich in a close one
easy win for Park Ridge
and in rivalry round Wynnum to get up over Vicky Point

Have a great weekend everyone

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back