QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

In our defence with all the shit we copped on here over the last year saying we would be a bottom side etc getting a win on board against Redcliffe at Redcliffe is huge and always going to feel special! sorry for being a passionate club where everyone plays for the guernsey they put on every week.... but in isn't that what footy is about??
That's exactly what it's about. That and playing with your mates and having fun. Not cheap shots and bullying. As for Blackmagic17 comments about elbows being up, we all see things differently and always will have different views when we support opposing teams. That's part of the fun but as for the send off, the cheap shot was there. I witnessed it. As I said before we have several 17,18,19 year old kids playing their first year of seniors and they're getting clobbered from bigger older blokes week after week. Maybe they're thinking that's how seniors is played here. I think they're learning from their weekly opponents. A lot of older blokes don't like being beaten by kids. We're trying to become a good competitive and respected team and all constructive criticism is much appreciated. As a club we don't encourage that kind of play but we do encourage our boys to look after themselves and each other. Our boys love playing footy together as many of them have come through the ranks together and are always keen to learn.

In our defence with all the shit we copped on here over the last year saying we would be a bottom side etc getting a win on board against Redcliffe at Redcliffe is huge and always going to feel special! sorry for being a passionate club where everyone plays for the guernsey they put on every week.... but in isn't that what footy is about??
Just dont go breaking out in to a war cry ;)

If you get that excited about beating a team in the bottom 3 imagine the celebration if the Saint knock off a top team

Bond up and about against Wynnum on the weekend, what happened Macman?

Yeah karma, we are discovering that our playing list is a little light on and with injuries to some key players we do not have enough depth currently. In saying that cannot take anything away from Bond, they just tore us apart, no other way to say it. Our first quarter was horrendous by our standards, but in saying that we really lifted our work rate in the second and still had nine kicked against us. Very frustrating day for a backman I can tell you, especially an old one!!
They were fast, heaps of run, midfield was very good, delivery into the forward line was excellent.
I thought we would be hard pressed against Bond but did not expect to go down that badly.
I was actually more disappointed with the previous two games against Ipswich and Vicky Point, games we should have won!
So i think a very good time for the bye for us to rest some injuries, regroup and hopefully come out strong for the rest of the season.

Yeah karma, we are discovering that our playing list is a little light on and with injuries to some key players we do not have enough depth currently. In saying that cannot take anything away from Bond, they just tore us apart, no other way to say it. Our first quarter was horrendous by our standards, but in saying that we really lifted our work rate in the second and still had nine kicked against us. Very frustrating day for a backman I can tell you, especially an old one!!
They were fast, heaps of run, midfield was very good, delivery into the forward line was excellent.
I thought we would be hard pressed against Bond but did not expect to go down that badly.
I was actually more disappointed with the previous two games against Ipswich and Vicky Point, games we should have won!
So i think a very good time for the bye for us to rest some injuries, regroup and hopefully come out strong for the rest of the season.
Cheers Macman, hope you get your injured boys back after the bye, any team that looses four or five through injury is a totally different strengths team

A draw and a 1 point loss in consecutive weeks is a sure fire way to suck out some moral coming into a clash against the top of the table side when you're undermanned.

Good luck for rest of the year

As for the game itself... Good win to Carrara, very physical game, and well deserved win! Played fast footy with there #43 doing some serious damage in the mid-field. First win against the Tigers i believe, very evident that they where happy with the results as every supporter and player ran onto the field grand final style after the game. Celebrations a bit over the top if you ask me, but a wins a win!

Im not surprised they celebrated the way they did, we gave it to the Carrara boys all day and to their credit they copped it sweet and joined in on the banter. It was good to see them bring not only a busload of players but a busload of supporters to an away game as well.

Im not surprised they celebrated the way they did, we gave it to the Carrara boys all day and to their credit they copped it sweet and joined in on the banter. It was good to see them bring not only a busload of players but a busload of supporters to an away game as well.
Yeah mate cracker of a game, probably the best I've seen all year! Very intense, fast and skillful. The banter was next level haha

Spades wouldn't be surprised if it was 12 and not 17.
Watch him play couple weeks ago,weak snipper.....for a player to stand over another player who is clutching his knee and in extreme pain and start clapping is perthetic..
I think you should get your facts straight Always North. None of our players were standing over one of your blokes clapping cause he did a knee. Several players, not just one, clapped him after we scored a goal off his mistake. None of them were to know how badly injured he was, but I believe he played out the remainder of the game, which by the way we won with only 20 fit men. 2 men short, something to do with the 2 smallest blokes on the field being knocked unconscious by very very ordinary efforts by a couple of your blokes. Both being taken to hospital and missing the next week, and yet you read nothing about it on here, because its part of the game. Even when its a low act. So to point out a single player in a game for a weak act that wasn't caused by him is a fairly weak act by you. I could tell everyone your blokes numbers and what they did, but that would put me at your grubby level, and we at Carrara are above that. It seems to me like some people are just pissed off cause they lost to a good hard young talented side. Instead of making excuses for your loss, how about just concentrate on playing footy. We don't play players from Coomera, we don't snipe blokes and we play hard. If the opposition play rough so do we. We are still getting 45-50 blokes a night to training, wanting to play for us, so we must be doing something right. Instead of having cheap shots from behind your keyboard, if you were there to witness this "weak act" why not do something about it there and then or complain to someone from our club. Answer: Because it didn't happen quite like you told it. Everytime someone on here writes about Carrara, it's having a shot at us after we've beaten them. Nobody ever complains about anything on the day. Why can't some people just accept that on that particular day we played better and deserved to win. The Redcliffe President came into the rooms after the game and said just that. It was great sportsmanship on his behalf and great to hear his thoughts. One more thing North, you need spell check on your keyboard. Snipper ? And perthetic ? I think the word you mean is pathetic. If you want to know what that means. Have a look in the mirror.

I think you should get your facts straight Always North. None of our players were standing over one of your blokes clapping cause he did a knee. Several players, not just one, clapped him after we scored a goal off his mistake. None of them were to know how badly injured he was, but I believe he played out the remainder of the game, which by the way we won with only 20 fit men. 2 men short, something to do with the 2 smallest blokes on the field being knocked unconscious by very very ordinary efforts by a couple of your blokes. Both being taken to hospital and missing the next week, and yet you read nothing about it on here, because its part of the game. Even when its a low act. So to point out a single player in a game for a weak act that wasn't caused by him is a fairly weak act by you. I could tell everyone your blokes numbers and what they did, but that would put me at your grubby level, and we at Carrara are above that. It seems to me like some people are just pissed off cause they lost to a good hard young talented side. Instead of making excuses for your loss, how about just concentrate on playing footy. We don't play players from Coomera, we don't snipe blokes and we play hard. If the opposition play rough so do we. We are still getting 45-50 blokes a night to training, wanting to play for us, so we must be doing something right. Instead of having cheap shots from behind your keyboard, if you were there to witness this "weak act" why not do something about it there and then or complain to someone from our club. Answer: Because it didn't happen quite like you told it. Everytime someone on here writes about Carrara, it's having a shot at us after we've beaten them. Nobody ever complains about anything on the day. Why can't some people just accept that on that particular day we played better and deserved to win. The Redcliffe President came into the rooms after the game and said just that. It was great sportsmanship on his behalf and great to hear his thoughts. One more thing North, you need spell check on your keyboard. Snipper ? And perthetic ? I think the word you mean is pathetic. If you want to know what that means. Have a look in the mirror.
From what I'm gathering, there's got to be a reason why Carrara get "sledged by clubs", "picked on by umpires" and feel the need to back up all there dirty events during games with retaliation. I have only seen one game this year that Carrara have played and it was indeed grubby, and yes you "could" say they got smashed by the umps, and definitely sledged by the local community. It's probably due to there game style of "looking after the young players" and not letting them get tackled without a retaliation. All starting to make sense with everyone complaining on these forums about it.

I'm not one to complain, I love a good hard game of footy (not including running straight at players with raised elbows) and at the end of the day seems like they got a few wins. But if you apparently getting the bad side of the umpires week in and out, it's probably for a legitimate reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The umpires in the Beenleigh viccy point game were fantastic, Darren and can't Remember the other guy but did a great job keep up the good work umpires without you guys there would be no games. I know I could never be one

A draw and a 1 point loss in consecutive weeks is a sure fire way to suck out some moral coming into a clash against the top of the table side when you're undermanned.
Good luck for rest of the year

Especially when we were in front in the last quarter on both occasions and did not have the composure to run either game out. Very frustrating!
Can't play like that against mid/lower table teams and then really expect to do well against top of the table.
But we live and learn and it is good experience for the boys who have had to step up for us.

I think you should get your facts straight Always North. None of our players were standing over one of your blokes clapping cause he did a knee. Several players, not just one, clapped him after we scored a goal off his mistake. None of them were to know how badly injured he was, but I believe he played out the remainder of the game, which by the way we won with only 20 fit men. 2 men short, something to do with the 2 smallest blokes on the field being knocked unconscious by very very ordinary efforts by a couple of your blokes. Both being taken to hospital and missing the next week, and yet you read nothing about it on here, because its part of the game. Even when its a low act. So to point out a single player in a game for a weak act that wasn't caused by him is a fairly weak act by you. I could tell everyone your blokes numbers and what they did, but that would put me at your grubby level, and we at Carrara are above that. It seems to me like some people are just pissed off cause they lost to a good hard young talented side. Instead of making excuses for your loss, how about just concentrate on playing footy. We don't play players from Coomera, we don't snipe blokes and we play hard. If the opposition play rough so do we. We are still getting 45-50 blokes a night to training, wanting to play for us, so we must be doing something right. Instead of having cheap shots from behind your keyboard, if you were there to witness this "weak act" why not do something about it there and then or complain to someone from our club. Answer: Because it didn't happen quite like you told it. Everytime someone on here writes about Carrara, it's having a shot at us after we've beaten them. Nobody ever complains about anything on the day. Why can't some people just accept that on that particular day we played better and deserved to win. The Redcliffe President came into the rooms after the game and said just that. It was great sportsmanship on his behalf and great to hear his thoughts. One more thing North, you need spell check on your keyboard. Snipper ? And perthetic ? I think the word you mean is pathetic. If you want to know what that mea mirror.
I agree about my spelling,but it is a football thread not a spelling comp.
My facts are correct as it happened in front of the club house where I was sitting.when a person slaps his hands together a number of times I call that clapping.
For other people to comment about this player he may need to look. at how he plays the game.
Yes you did have 2players hurt in tackles
I do agree one was high but the second was a good hard tackle in the centre square,but no one stood clapping over the injured player.
As I said in a post after the game the saints deserved the win and would trouble alot of sides.
You keep saying the team is young 18year old juniors which is great and the future looks promising.A wise head like yourself may have a chat to this young player about playing hard smart football and cut out the silly stuff .
Good luck for the rest of the season.

KP number 4, how's coach tom corless going.
Worked and played with tom many years ago.
Enjoyed many a drink at the victory hotel with him.
Good bloke and will do a good job at the buffs.

KP number 4, how's coach tom corless going.
Worked and played with tom many years ago.
Enjoyed many a drink at the victory hotel with him.
Good bloke and will do a good job at the buffs.

Loves a beer tommy and can down them, he's a top bloke and doing great things for the club haven't heard a bad word said about him. He would be up there in the top 2 coaches I've had very well spoken, we have definitely improved massively under him already...

0 and 7. Hope the 'massive' improvement continues.
Ouch man, put the claws away.

When rebuilding a club, massive improvement can be far more than wins and losses.

Things like culture, structure, commitment, to name a few are extremely important in the long term.

Ouch man, put the claws away.

When rebuilding a club, massive improvement can be far more than wins and losses.

Things like culture, structure, commitment, to name a few are extremely important in the long term.
Spot on Morro, were you referring to Carlton or the Buff's? You being a loyal Tigers supporter I'm sure you understand better than most about rebuilds.

Last edited:
Loves a beer tommy and can down them, he's a top bloke and doing great things for the club haven't heard a bad word said about him. He would be up there in the top 2 coaches I've had very well spoken, we have definitely improved massively under him already...
Good to hear,made a good appointment and I'm sure he will continue to put the effort in.
Can guarantee he wont go missing on the footy trip away either.
Looking forward to having a. beer with him in a couple of weeks.

Spot Morro, were you referring to Carlton or the Buff's? You being a loyal Tigers supporter I'm sure you understand better than most about rebuilds.
You will never see me defending Carlton mate.
And yeah, I know a few things about 30 year rebuilds, Carlton are about to enter another one due to the last attempt failing miserably.

Swans vs Eagles - Tough call this one, Ipswich by a kick
Buffaloes vs Pirates - Park Ridge by 33
Saints vs Vikings - Carrara by 30
Suns vs Uni - this could be a cracker of a game, SES by 14
VP Vs Roosters - GM by 40

Swans vs Eagles - Tough call this one, Ipswich by a kick
Buffaloes vs Pirates - Park Ridge by 33
Saints vs Vikings - Carrara by 30
Suns vs Uni - this could be a cracker of a game, SES by 14
VP Vs Roosters - GM by 40

Getting in a whole week early there Footy 1st?
But since you got the ball rolling I will jump on board:
Ipswich by 30-40
Park Ridge by about 60
Hopefully we can put in a better performance against the Saints after a weeks break
Uni to win by about 20-30
Roosters by about 70

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back