QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Bond by 50 interesting, Suns fold under the pressure of the big games? Pretenders or Contenders guess we will know at 4.30pm tomorrow
Think everyone will be surprised by Suns or should I say Surfers/Suns this week. Apparently 12 players on permit this week from Surfers which is really great for their culture build.

I bet the boys missing out on a game this weekend that are real Suns will be impressed. Not sure if it is really in the spirit of the competition either. Would be filthy if you missed out on finals due to losing a game or a team getting 4 points from a game they normally wouldn't have won because they are loaded up on permitted players.

Should be a cap on how many permits you can use in a game and how many for season, otherwise makes competition a bit of a farce.

Think everyone will be surprised by Suns or should I say Surfers/Suns this week. Apparently 12 players on permit this week from Surfers which is really great for their culture build.

I bet the boys missing out on a game this weekend that are real Suns will be impressed. Not sure if it is really in the spirit of the competition either. Would be filthy if you missed out on finals due to losing a game or a team getting 4 points from a game they normally wouldn't have won because they are loaded up on permitted players.

Should be a cap on how many permits you can use in a game and how many for season, otherwise makes competition a bit of a farce.
12 permits? You better check your facts Blocker.There is one permit only and that is due to lack of time in arranging a clearance which will be sorted next week. Culture building is coming along nicely at the Suns. Fact not rumors

12 permits? You better check your facts Blocker.There is one permit only and that is due to lack of time in arranging a clearance which will be sorted next week. Culture building is coming along nicely at the Suns. Fact not rumors
I stand corrected but did here from person in official position at Surfers. Not sure what reason he would have to lie, but if not true be interesting to see where all there left overs are playing this week?Guess we will see who runs out on weekend.

I stand corrected but did here from person in official position at Surfers. Not sure what reason he would have to lie, but if not true be interesting to see where all there left overs are playing this week?Guess we will see who runs out on weekend.
Surfers left overs? Last game they used half dozen retired old guys to make up the numbers in the two's they were that short, even had a 48 year old play, as for the Suns our team is placed on the AFLQ web Thursday nights in starting position, only two changes this week from previous game. Fletch overseas and the other unavailable. If you want a scoop Jake Ryan will be playing his first Suns game tomorrow and will be only player on permit if his clearance isn't processed in time. The first and only permit the Suns have used this year. Hope this clears up your rumor

Surfers left overs? Last game they used half dozen retired old guys to make up the numbers in the two's they were that short, even had a 48 year old play, as for the Suns our team is placed on the AFLQ web Thursday nights in starting position, only two changes this week from previous game. Fletch overseas and the other unavailable. If you want a scoop Jake Ryan will be playing his first Suns game tomorrow and will be only player on permit if his clearance isn't processed in time. The first and only permit the Suns have used this year. Hope this clears up your rumor
Obviously been led up the garden path then Sunny. As I said I stand corrected. We have over 20 players out either injured or unavailable, and had heard Surfers had 16 players not getting a game. When we contacted them to try and grab a few we were informed they had 12 players already going to Suns.

Hence my post mate. Looks like we will be rolling out a few of our over 40's and a few U16's to get by on the weekend.

Good luck with the students Sunny.

Obviously been led up the garden path then Sunny. As I said I stand corrected. We have over 20 players out either injured or unavailable, and had heard Surfers had 16 players not getting a game. When we contacted them to try and grab a few we were informed they had 12 players already going to Suns.

Hence my post mate. Looks like we will be rolling out a few of our over 40's and a few U16's to get by on the weekend.

Good luck with the students Sunny.
A combination of the U18 State Carnival of which Surfers are well represented and the long injury list at the Gold Coast Suns where Surfers release Academy Players back to play in the Suns NEFL team as top ups can change things from 15 missing out to 5 short within a week at Surfers.
It is true there is now a dozen ex Surfers players at the South East Suns, all helping to build a strong culture and hopefully for a few years to come.
Best of luck to the Pirates hopefully an injury free finish

Should be a cap on how many permits you can use in a game and how many for season,
otherwise makes competition a bit of a farce.

Blocker you know the old story about glass houses. The Park Ridge Pumas

Blocker you know the old story about glass houses. The Park Ridge Pumas
Wasn't having a go at Suns about the recruitment of Surfers players as that is fair game no different from most clubs. I was more concerned about players on permits to clubs from higher grades in big quantities if it was true, that's all.

I think in the spirit of our competition it just reeks if clubs went down that path. As for our recruitment from Pumas most of the players that have come back went to our local High School and have come back to their roots.

Due to our lack of facilities we can't compete financially with most of the clubs in our competition, so all our players are coming to our club for the right reasons. That's what building a culture is all about. We also have a strong junior base to support our future unlike some clubs that just rely on the cheque book.

Wasn't having a go at Suns about the recruitment of Surfers players as that is fair game no different from most clubs. I was more concerned about players on permits to clubs from higher grades in big quantities if it was true, that's all.

I think in the spirit of our competition it just reeks if clubs went down that path. As for our recruitment from Pumas most of the players that have come back went to our local High School and have come back to their roots.

Due to our lack of facilities we can't compete financially with most of the clubs in our competition, so all our players are coming to our club for the right reasons. That's what building a culture is all about. We also have a strong junior base to support our future unlike some clubs that just rely on the cheque book.
Which clubs in QAFA A rely on the cheque book Blocker? Surely your referring to high divisions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which clubs in QAFA A rely on the cheque book Blocker? Surely your referring to high divisions
So no clubs in QAFA A pay players? All I am saying is that if a player or players only go to clubs for money and clubs are stupid enough to give in to player demands at this level, it is only going to end in a world of hurt.

Very hard to pay players differing amounts at this level and not expect friction between playing group. If everyone being paid the same amount for out of pocket expenses etc then it works from my past experience. But paying big dollars for one or two players is only a short term solution in my opinion.

If a player is worth any reasonable amount why would he be playing at this level?

Been around a bit Karma so I think I have fair idea of how it all works. Been happening for years and will continue to happen in all levels of footy around the country.

A combination of the U18 State Carnival of which Surfers are well represented and the long injury list at the Gold Coast Suns where Surfers release Academy Players back to play in the Suns NEFL team as top ups can change things from 15 missing out to 5 short within a week at Surfers.
It is true there is now a dozen ex Surfers players at the South East Suns, all helping to build a strong culture and hopefully for a few years to come.
Best of luck to the Pirates hopefully an injury free finish
Cheers Sunny all the best to the Suns today and for remainder of year.

Not sure if we can stop the injury train though. Got us last year and copping the same treatment this year. Losing Richo, Stevo and Mitchy for season has ripped our heart out along with captain BJ, Gus Tarrant and Rowey to long term injuries leaves us a little under manned. But gives the opportunity to a few more kids. Playing a few more of our U16's today which will only help down the track.

Like most clubs at this level, injuries are a curse but we all move on and deal with it.

Given Surfers Seniors have an absolute do or die clash this week, I doubt too many quality players will be permitted across.

Maybe some ressies stragglers, hardly going to set the world on fire...
Results anyone?

I see there's not much love for the mighty roosters.
i think they are all up on website except for your game Morro? Did you blokes win?

Carrara by 12 points over Wynnum
Pirates by 80 points over Buffs
Bond by 30 points over Suns

Another handy win for Bond Uni. Obviously a good young team with a strong "culture". Long way to go yet, but they are looking the goods for later in the year.

i think they are all up on website except for your game Morro? Did you blokes win?

Carrara by 12 points over Wynnum
Pirates by 80 points over Buffs
Bond by 30 points over Suns
2 comfortable wins for the Roosters mate.

2 comfortable wins for the Roosters mate.

Doesnt surprise me that GM got up. Seems strange they lose one game against the only undefeated and the form team of the comp so they start getting tipped against haha... i would be tipping GM every week without a doubt and definitely wouldnt write them off beating bond the next time they meet. Still will be extremely hard to beat!

Roosters with 10 goal win and were never really challenged. Were way too good right across the ground. Umps blew an amazing number of 50's and even one against the coach. Can't remember the last time I saw that.
Looking like a clear 2 horse race come September?

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back